The QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013 is a common issue in the accounting software which occurs due to the non-linking of its servers with the bank accounts. As a result of this error, users face issues with maintaining proper accounts of their business. Overcoming this error is important for the execution of the QuickBooks software and its other related functionalities. To resolve this error, it is important to activate the TLS 1.2 protocol. In addition, the creation and merging of new accounts in a proper manner can also help in fixing the OLSU 1013 QuickBooks.
On reading this blog further, you will explore the additional causes of the error code OLSU 1013 in QuickBooks. Along with this, you can read about reliable fixes to prevent this problem in QB.
- What is the QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
- How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1013?
- Fix 1: Updating of Financial Institution Directory
- Fix 2: Changing Your Default Bank Account
- Fix 3: TLS 1.2 Protocol Activation
- Fix 4: Use Express Mode
- Fix 5: Creation and Merging of New Accounts
- Tips to Consider Before Fixing QuickBooks Error 1013
What is the QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013?
The QuickBooks error OLSU 1013 occurs mainly in a situation wherein when the client’s bank account is not linked properly with QuickBooks or when the connection to the bank servers has not been properly established. The error message followed by it states “Your Branding and Profile Servers could Not Access”.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013
The common reasons for the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013 are listed as follows:
- The QuickBooks version might be old.
- An invalid username/password may be used by you while running QB.
- Bank Servers might be under maintenance.
- The QuickBooks and banking servers may not be properly synced.
- The directory for the bank may not be updated.
- Internet Explorer may not be correctly installed or the latest version may not be available.
- Your bank information may not be correctly entered.
- Direct connect or service may have been enabled by you.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Error 1013?
On finding the error 1013 in QB, you should update the Financial Institution Directory. In case this doesn’t help in troubleshooting the error, your bank account number by default can be changed. Another best way to resolve this error is by activating the TLS 1.2 protocol.
Let us now look at these fixes in detail to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1013.
Fix 1: Updating of Financial Institution Directory
For updating the Financial Institution Directory to fix the QuickBooks error message OLSU 1013, you can open Banking Options. In Bank Feeds, you will find a dropdown. You can choose Sync All from this dropdown. After this, you will be required to open Windows File Explorer to continue with the remaining process.
This fix refers to the update of QuickBooks appropriately with the help of the following steps:
- Open “QuickBooks”.
- Select “Banking Options”.
- Click on “Bank Feeds”.
- Click on the dropdown button and choose “Sync All” from it.
Note: This step should start an automatic update. In case it doesn’t, continue following the next step.
- Go to “Windows File Explorer”.
- Follow this path in “C Drive”:
- “Program Data”> “Intuit”> “QuickBooks XXXX”> “Components”> “OLD”> “Branding”> “Filist”
- A link will appear in the QuickBooks version which has to be selected via “Ctrl ”+“A”, followed by the copy command, i.e., “Ctrl” + “C”.
- Find the folder named “fidir.txt” and open it.
- Select the entire text and press “Ctrl” + “V”.
- Hover over the “File” option.
- Hit “Save”.
- Close everything now.
- Lastly, restart the “QuickBooks” application.
Fix 2: Changing Your Default Bank Account
Changing your bank account by default can also be of use when the OLSU 1013 error keeps appearing. To fix it, you can sign in to QB as the admin. Then you can rush to Preferences. Here, a Checking feature will be available. You need to click on this to go ahead and change your bank account.
To attain a quick fix for this error or QuickBooks error OLSU 1013, these are the recommended steps:
- Open “QuickBooks” by clicking on its icon.
- Sign in as the admin into the company profile.
- Click “Preferences” and navigate to the “Edit” option.
- Hit on the “Checking” button.
- Click on the default button below the tab on “My Preferences”.
- To set up all the other options, hit the default account.
- Click on “Ok” and input the correct username and password into the login window.
Fix 3: TLS 1.2 Protocol Activation
In this fix for the 1013 QB error, we will be telling you how the TLS 1.2 Protocol can be activated. Via the Gear symbol of QuickBooks, you can find Internet Options. Now, you will see a button labeled Advanced. Use this button to activate the said protocol.
It is important to set up a TLS 1.2 protocol in the following manner to omit QuickBooks Error Code OLSU 1013
- Open “IE 11”.
- Click on the “Gear icon“.
- Go to “Internet Options”.
- Click on the button which says “Advanced”.
- Scroll down to the “Security” option.
- Deselect “USE TLS 1.0”.
- Place a checkmark on “USE TLS 1.2”.
- Proceed to “Apply”.
- Click on “Ok”.
- Reboot your system to implement the changes.
- Now, run “QuickBooks”. The error message would not exist.
Fix 4: Use Express Mode
The Express Mode is another dynamic way to overcome the QuickBooks error OLSU 1013. To enable this mode, you can go to Preferences in the accounting software. It will further help you in choosing Company Preferences. After selecting the same, you will see Express Mode. You need to enable it to troubleshoot the OLSU 1013 QuickBooks error and the problematic message along with it.
The following directions will come in handy for this fix:
- Find the “QuickBooks” app and run it.
- Click on “Edit”.
- Hit on the “Preferences” button.
- Check the button appearing on the left of the screen.
- Locate the “Company Preferences” button.
- Click on “Express Mode” which will redirect you to the “Bank Feed Window”.
- Review the changes and save by clicking “Ok”.
Fix 5: Creation and Merging of New Accounts
Setting up your account in the QB program is a very important step and merging it is quite a trick. When you have to do so, the Account Facing Issues option in QB should be selected. Following this, you will have to choose one account for editing it. After this, you can input the account number into it. After performing some other steps, the making and merging of a new account in the program will be over.
Here are some simple steps that will help you in doing this fix:
- Locate “Account Facing Issues” and right-click on the same.
- Choose the account you need to edit.
- Select the account number with the help of a mouse and copy it.
- Put an “” at the end of the name of the account. Click the “Bank Feed Setting” option and click on the button. This disconnects all online services. Tap your mouse on “Save and Close”. Create a new account by clicking on “Chart of Accounts”. Remove the “” sign from the account name followed by closing and reopening the file.
- Click on “Chart of Accounts” with “”. Press the right mouse button and choose “Edit Account”. Delete the “” and hit on “Save and Close”.
- Click on “YES” which will display a warning.
- Go to “Setup and Account” over “Bank Feeds”.
- Download the transactions from the bank to the newly merged account(Merge Two Bank Accounts in QuickBooks).
Tips to Consider Before Fixing QuickBooks Error 1013
Before you step into the process of resolving the banking error 1013 in QB, we must keep in mind to check the following points:
- Check if you can log into your Bank of America account from sources other than QuickBooks.
- Ensure that the latest version of QuickBooks was properly synchronized.
- QuickBooks Desktop’s version installed on your system must be correct and supported.
- The browser you are viewing/working on must be supported.
- Last but not the least, see to it that you are using a good internet connection.
We believe that this post should be able to provide fixes to the QuickBooks error code OLSU 1013 problem. In this post, it is noteworthy that the key to omitting this error is by establishing a good connection with the server of the client’s financial institution with the QuickBooks application. All major and minor fixes need to be incorporated, as per the cause, to get the best of services from QuickBooks. In case of any further queries on this error, kindly leave a comment. Our team would be happy to help you with the same.