The QuickBooks error PS077 or PS032 is a payroll update issue. While you install relevant updates for the payroll tax table, the error may appear. Other than this, misconfigurations can also lead to it. As an effect of the QuickBooks PS032 or PS077 error, a message is produced. It states that the accounting software has been unable to read the files for payroll setup. Hence, the payroll feature might not work either. This introduces the need to troubleshoot the error. Commonly, you can properly download the related updates in the software. This should enable QuickBooks rightly read your files. Hence, the error and its message should get resolved.
1. What Causes the QuickBooks Error PS032 or PS077?
In some instances, a user may be working on a company file. This file may have been damaged. Using such a file can cause problems like the QuickBooks Error PS032/PS077.
Apart from this, you can find the code for other reasons. You can study some of them below:
- A corrupted payroll tax tables file may be the cause of the issue.
- The PS077/PS032 issue can indicate that you may have used incorrect information to get the payroll subscription.
- Improper software installation is a common reason why this problem may arise.
2. How do I Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS032 or PS077?
In order to fix the QuickBooks error PS077, you should try running utilities like Rebuild Data that are available in the software itself. Sometimes, it is helpful to properly get the payroll updates. Thus, you can start over the update procedure to remove the QuickBooks PS077/PS032 error. For further assistance, you may verify whether it is your system that is causing the problem. If so, then you can turn off User Account Control for some time on your Windows PC.
2.1) Fix 1: Disable UAC on Windows
The PS077 or PS032 error usually arises due to issues in QuickBooks. If at all, a problem on Windows is causing it, then you can consider disabling UAC or User Account Control. Its settings may have an unwanted effect on the accounting software. Once you turn it off, you can close and reopen the software. The payroll update PS032/PS077 QuickBooks error should not be seen then.
- On your keyboard, press the key for “Windows”.
- Go to “Control Panel” via it.
- Please write “UAC” and search for it.
- Followed by this, you have to move to “Change User Account Settings”.
- Tap on “Yes”.
- By moving the given slider, please disable “User Account Control”. Ensure that “Never Notify” is selected.
- A window may ask you to add your details as the admin user. Kindly add them.
- Now is the time to exit and start “QuickBooks” again.
- Please check whether the QuickBooks payroll error PS077 or PS032 is occurring now.
Since the QuickBooks error PS032 or PS077 is one of the common QuickBooks payroll errors, you should try updating the service now. Should it get updated, then this will mean that the error code has been resolved.
2.2) Fix 2: Employ Rebuild Data in QB
Rebuild Data is one of the helpful utilities provided by QuickBooks. Users can run it to repair the PS032 or PS077 QuickBooks error. This particular utility will find the actual cause of this error. In accordance with the same, it will repair it. Later on, you can get the payroll updates to continue using the software without this error interfering.
- On running the software, you will see “File”. Please choose it.
- Then come to “Utilities”.
- From here, you can visit “Verify Data”.
- The software may take a moment to detect any possible error like PS077 or PS032.
- Then you can move to “File” again.
- Tap on “Utilities” one more time.
- Now, you have to select the option “Rebuild Data”.
Let the utility perform its task. With this, the PS077 or PS032 QuickBooks error will hopefully be fixed. To verify, execute the same action that was resulting in this error earlier.
2.3) Fix 3: Install QuickBooks Updates and Register it Again
Given that the QuickBooks PS032 or PS077 error is an update-related issue, you can see whether the process was correctly done. On finding that this was not the case, you can reattempt this process. This time, use the proper procedure without any interruptions added in between. Along with this, registering the accounting software again will be useful.
- QuickBooks needs to be launched.
- The “F2” key must be pressed to bring up “Product Information”.
- Pay attention to the place in which the “License Number” is given. Make certain that it says “Activated” there.
- If the product has not been activated, you must register it by entering the License Key.
- Click on the “Help” tab.
- Tap “Update QuickBooks” to proceed with this process.
- To get updates, go to the “Update Now” tab.
- Push the “Get Updates” option.
- Allow the program to download and install the most recent updates.
- QuickBooks has to be restarted after the upgrades have been downloaded entirely.
- Now, whenever the “Install Updates” box appears, select “Yes” from the list.
- Attempt to use the “Payroll” feature to see whether the QuickBooks error PS077/PS032 is fixed.
3. How to Fix Error PS032 or PS077 in QuickBooks Desktop?
On your Windows system, you can resolve the issues relating to the CPS folder or file. This will help you get over the issue of PS032 or PS077 in QuickBooks Desktop. For the software, you can additionally download payroll updates. Should you still need help in getting rid of the error, please repair the accounting software.
3.1) Fix 1: Renaming the CPS Folder
CPS can be understood as an extension file. It can be important when you are running QBDT files. Any issues generated by CPS may affect the files and not help the software in reading them. Thus, the error PS032/PS077 in QuickBooks Desktop may be observed. The extension may generate issues possibly when its related folder has a faulty name. Therefore, you are suggested to rename this CPS folder.
- Hit the “Windows” key plus “E” to bring up the file explorer.
- Then click on “This Computer”.
- It is necessary to navigate to the “Local Disk C”.
- Open that folder in which you placed your files but they cannot be found now.
- You will now need to navigate to the “QuickBooks Desktop” folder which will include the specific version of the program.
- Navigate to the “Payroll” folder by accessing the components.
- By right-clicking on the folder of “CPS”, and selecting “Rename Folder,” you may change its name. Do so by adding “CPSOLD” and saving the change.
- This is followed by creating a new folder for “CPS”.
- Run “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- You can now get an update on the payroll tax table. Ensure that this update is the latest one.
- Last, of all, check for the QuickBooks PS077 error.
3.2) Fix 2: Download Payroll Updates and Repair QBDT
It is important to know that the PS077 or PS032 error code can arise when the updates are not available. Without these, using the payroll feature in QuickBooks Desktop may become problematic. Therefore, you should consider downloading these updates. At the same time, should you suspect the accounting software to have certain issues, then use the existing utilities to repair QBDT. Henceforth, the QuickBooks error PS077 in the Desktop version, may not be noticed.
The detailed process to update the payroll feature and fix issues in the software is given as follows:
- Check to see that you are not currently logged into your “QuickBooks Desktop” account.
- Close any windows that are currently open.
- Select “Windows Task Manager” from the “Start Menu”.
- It is necessary to check all of the program windows that are now open.
- “QuickBooks” should be opened once again.
- Begin downloading the payroll updates for the software.
Note: You can now check whether the PS032 or PS077 QuickBooks Desktop error has been removed. In case you find it available even now, please start repairing the accounting software.
- Enter the menu called “File” at this point.
- Select “Utilities” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select “Repair QuickBooks” from the drop-down list.
The user can wait for as long as the above-mentioned utility is functioning. When it has finished repairing the software, you can start it again. Now, try using the payroll feature. It is believed that the QBDT payroll error would have been fixed by now.
The QuickBooks error code PS077 or PS032 can be found due to payroll service issues. Understanding that the service is useful for several companies, fixing the error code becomes important. With the fixes provided above, you will find it easier to troubleshoot the error or remove the factors that can lead to it.
My company often uses the payroll feature. But ever since the QuickBooks error ps077 ps032 started coming up, it was becoming impossible to access payroll. It eventually became simple enough to fix that as soon as the feature was updated. Then onward, we try to update not just payroll but most features of QuickBooks to avoid any such error.