Intuit often releases new updates for QuickBooks Payroll to support additional features or more stability. When users fail to download such payroll updates, error 15107 in QuickBooks is likely to occur. Moreover, the error message states that the process of updating the payroll service cannot be initiated. This can become problematic as you will not be able to use Payroll with the latest version. If you are wondering what causes QuickBooks error 15107 and how to fix it, we will enlighten you. Read more.
This technical guide has a focal point on the major causes and severe impact of QuickBooks error 15107 on your computer. Along with this, we will help you with the solutions for the same.
Why Do You Confront Error 15107 in QuickBooks?
Generally, you encounter QuickBooks error 15107 when downloading the new updates for payroll. There can be numerous reasons that interrupt the procedure of downloading updates which are as follows:
- Corrupted or damaged Windows Registry files.
- You close the QuickBooks which may lead to incomplete installation.
- Payroll files are damaged or corrupted.
- Windows Firewall settings are misconfigured due to which it may block the connection.
- Malware attacks or viruses might affect your computer or network connection.
With the presence of this error, your system may encounter strange problems. For instance, your computer may shut down, payroll will not work or your accounting process will become inefficient. To avoid such problems, repairing error 15107 in QuickBooks is mandatory. Let’s find out what all you can do to solve this update error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15107?
Before fixing the payroll update errors, the first action you should take is to restart your Windows computer. If you are still facing the same error on your screen then update the QuickBooks program by renaming the folder and resetting the old updates. In addition, you can run the reboot.bat file to re-register the QuickBooks files. Fixing the internet settings and performing the Clean Installation Utility will also help you to repair the error.
As per the causes, you can also repair Windows Registry, scan the Windows system, repair payroll files, and adjust Windows Firewall settings to resolve error 15107 in QuickBooks. Let us help you with more detail.
Fix 1: Restart Windows Computer
When you confront error codes in QuickBooks or payroll services, try to restart the computer. If the error occurs due to minor bugs or technical problems, it may get resolved by restarting the computer. To do so, all you have to do is to:
- Click on the “Windows” icon located on the bottom left.
- Then, select the “Restart” button.
When your computer restarts, you can launch QuickBooks and check if you connect to the network properly to download the new updates. If you are still bothered by error 15107 in QuickBooks, try on other methods we will discuss further.
Fix 2: Reset the QuickBooks Updates
The QuickBooks program stores the updates you installed earlier. By clearing them, you can easily install the new updates. For this process, you are required to close the QuickBooks, rename the QuickBooks folder, rest updates, and update the software.
- To get started, shut down the “QuickBooks” Desktop if opened already.
- Then, navigate through the following location:
- Go to the “C Drive”.
- Document and Settings
- All users
- Application Data
- QuickBooks (version)
- At this point, you need to locate the “DownoadQBXX”. Here, “XX” denotes the version of your QuickBooks program.
- Once you find the folder, click right on it.
- Then, choose the “Rename” button.
- Add “OLD” at the end of the file name. So, the file name should become like “DownloadQBXX.OLD”.
- After changing the file name, you can launch “QuickBooks” software.
- Here, you need to click on the “Help” button.
- Select the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” option.
- Hit the “Update Now” button.
- At this point, you need to select the “Reset the Updates” option.
- Now, click the “Get Updates” option to download the new updates of QuickBooks.
When you are done performing the steps, you can close the program. Later, you can restart the QuickBooks program and select the “Install the Update” icon to complete the process.
Fix 3: Run reboot.bat File
Reboot.bat file is used to re-register the files that are required by QuickBooks. If you are constantly facing QuickBooks error 15107 on your screen, running the reboot.bat file can help you to some extent. Read the following steps to use reboot.bat on Windows to repair QuickBooks errors.
- Click on the Windows “Start” menu or “Windows” icon.
- Then, type “reboot.bat” in the search bar.
- Press the “Enter” key to find the reboot.bat file.
- Here, one has to find the folder in which the “reboot.bat file” is saved on your PC.
- Now, go to the “QuickBooks” program icon and click right on it.
- After this, select the “Properties” option.
- Click on the “Open file location” button.
- Thereafter, click right on the “reboot.bat file”. You may find different file names such as reboot or bat depending on what settings you have made for the folder options.
- After this, click on the “Run As System Administrator” to run the reboot.bat file with admin rights.
Note: As the reboot.bat file starts working, be sure that you don’t close the window otherwise the process will be discarded.
Once you perform these methods, a black window will display with scrolling names. When the process ends, you can restart the Windows computer.
Fix 4: Configure Internet Explorer
If the security level is set to a higher level, it may create issues when installing the new updates for QuickBooks. Hence, it is important to check the internet settings and set the zone of internet websites as medium-high. Here are the steps for the same:
- Open the “Internet Explorer” on your PC.
- Then, navigate to the “Settings” option. This option is available at the top right.
- Now, click on the “Tools” option.
- Here, select the “Internet Options”.
- After this, move to the “Security” tab.
- Select the “Internet” option located with the globe icon. Here you need to ensure that the website zone is set up to medium-high only.
After verifying the website zone, you can restart your Windows computer. Besides that, you can check the time and date of your system if it is correct. After this, you can continue installing the new updates of QuickBooks.
Fix 5: Perform Clean Installation of QuickBooks
QuickBooks Clean Install tool can help you to solve stubborn errors such as error 15107 in QuickBooks. All you have to do is install the QB Clean Install tool and run it to perform. For better understanding, you can pursue the steps we are discussing below:
- To get started, download the “QB Clean Install” tool and save the download file on your computer.
- Then, go to the location where you have saved the download file.
- Once located, you can click on the “QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe” file.
- Select the “I Accept” button in order to accept the license agreement.
- Now, press the “Continue” button.
- Click on the “OK” button.
This is how you can perform the clean installation technique for QuickBooks software. This will help you to get rid of the error 15107 in QuickBooks.
To Sum Up
Update errors usually arise due to wrong internet settings. Your Windows system or QuickBooks data can also affect the network connection due to which you fail to download the new updates. However, if you correct the settings of Internet Explorer and your windows system, you can get rid of such update errors.
To solve other kinds of errors in QuickBooks, go through the following guides and find out the best repairing solutions.