The QuickBooks error 80070057 is come across while using the accounting software. In certain cases, it may generate an error on the display stating “Error Status: 80070057 the Parameter is Incorrect, or You Do Not have Sufficient Permissions”. For this, what would the ideal fix be?
We can supply you with numerous fixes to escape the 80070057 error in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Desktop. While implementing them, you’ll not encounter any difficulties as we’ll be providing you with every important direction required.
- What Does Error Code 0x80070057 Mean?
- How Do I Fix Error 80070057 in QuickBooks?
- Fix 1: Rename “.ND” File and Start QB Database Server Manager on the Server
- Fix 2: Delete or Edit the “.ND” File on Your System
- Fix 3: Scan Your File Again via QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Fix 4: Try Reconfiguring BitDefender
- Fix 5: Clean-install QuickBooks
- How to Troubleshoot the Error 80070057 in QuickBooks Desktop Version?
- Fix 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Fix 2: Launch QuickBooks by Implementing the Admin Permissions
- Fix 3: Correctly Run the QuickBooks Company File
- Fix 4: Shift the QuickBooks Company File to its Default Location
- Fix 5: Authenticate the Extension of the Company File’s Name
- Fix 6: Try Utilizing QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
What Does Error Code 0x80070057 Mean?
The QuickBooks error 80070057 is run-time errors. User come across the error code while running a QuickBooks company file. Over the network of server and host computers, in case any communication problem emerges with the file, then this error code is likely to be the consequence of it. It can indicate a lack of sufficient permissions for removing the software’s file in a particular folder.
Well-known Causes of Error 80070057 in QuickBooks
5 Causes of the QB error 80070057 have been shown as follows:
- This error can arise due to a damaged “.ND” file.
- Improper security settings of the firewall and internet.
- Unavailability of permissions to access the company file.
- Certain important ports may have been blocked by BitDefender in your system.
- Incorrect installation of the software may be yielding the error.
How Do I Fix Error 80070057 in QuickBooks?
The error 80070057 in QuickBooks can be repaired by implementing 5 measures. These are inclusive of renaming the “.ND” file, re-scanning your company file via QB Database Server Manager, reconfiguring BitDefender, and more. To grasp their details, please keep reading.
Fix 1: Rename “.ND” File and Start QB Database Server Manager on the Server
To begin repairing the error 80070057, we’ll rename the “.ND” file and run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server. You can find the “.ND” file in the company file’s location. Right-clicking on it will give you the Rename option. After renaming it, you can access the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You will find the Database Server Manager in the Network Issues option.
- Head to the QuickBooks Company File’s “Location”.
- Find the “.ND” file of this company file.
Point to Remember: The “.ND” file may be mentioned with a name similar to “MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd”, as for an example.
- When the “.ND” file has been found, right-click on it and choose the “Rename” option.
- Add “.old” at file name’s end.
Point to Remember: After executing the fourth step, the name should seem similar to “MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd.old”, as for an example.
- In case QB is running in the “Multi-user Mode”, download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” and finish its installation.
Tip: The detailed method to download, install, and implement the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” can be found in steps 1 to 9 of the sixth fix (numbered as “4.6”) in the next section .
- Run the “Tool Hub” of QuickBooks.
- Click on “Network Issues”.
- Locate the option “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” and click on it.
Point to Remember: In case the installation of the QB accounting software hasn’t been done on your server, you will be asked to install the same now.
- Press “Start Scan” in the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” if you can see the company file folder/folders. Alternatively, you can browse the file’s location and press “Start Scan”.
- Push the “Close” button.
Point to Remember: On the off chance that your system uses “BitDefender”, see to it that the “QB Folder” has been excluded from the scanning process.
Fix 2: Delete or Edit the “.ND” File on Your System
In this fix, we’ll suggest you delete or remove the “.ND” file. The file can be found by visiting the folder of QB Company. When no user has been logged in, you can turn off the software on all the systems and then sign in to it as the administrator to edit or remove the “.ND” file.
- Visit the folder of “QuickBooks Company”.
- Access the “.ND” configuration file’s new copy.
- Check that no user is signed in.
- On all the systems, exit “QuickBooks”.
- Next, sign in to your system as the administrator.
- Open the folder of “QuickBooks Company File”.
- Look for the “.ND” file.
Point to Remember: In the seventh step, the “.ND” file should be related to that company file that is generating the QuickBooks error 80070057.
- Rename or delete the “.ND” file.
After finishing the eighth step, a new file will be auto-created. Also, the QuickBooks error 80070057 will stop displaying on your system.
Fix 3: Scan Your File Again via QuickBooks Database Server Manager
For repairing the QuickBooks error 80070057, you can use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to re-scan your file. To do so, you can open it from the Taskbar. As you press Open, you will see the Scan option. Select it to re-scan your file.
- Launch “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” on the server/file hosting computer.
- Re-scan the folder of “QuickBooks Company File”.
- Click on the “Taskbar”.
- Select “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- Press “Open”.
- Tap on “Scan” and press “Add Folder'” if the company file already exists.
- Access the folder’s location. Choose the folder you prefer.
- Press “Ok”.
- Select “Scan”.
The “File Sharing Permission” of QB will be reconfigured in the scanning process. The systems will also be provided with the permission to access. Afterwards, you can open QB on the host PC as well as on the PC which had been displaying the error code.
Fix 4: Try Reconfiguring BitDefender
BitDefender reconfiguration can remove the error 80070057 in the accounting software in the quickest way possible. For reconfiguring it, you can select the Antivirus option from the menu of BitDefender 10.0. You can opt for Customer Level to start the reconfiguration.
- Open the menu of “BitDefender 10.0”.
- Click on “Antivirus”.
- Select “Custom Level”.
- Choose “Exclude Path from Scan”.
- Go to the tab of “New Item”.
- Click on “UNC Path”/”Mapped Drive”.
Fix 5: Clean-install QuickBooks
In case you suspect that the QuickBooks error code 80070057 is emerging due to the installation problems with the software, clean-installing it will be best. In this process, the software will be uninstalled and reinstalled. The technical problems in it will be cleared. Hence, the error code will stop emerging.
How to Troubleshoot the Error 80070057 in QuickBooks Desktop Version?
Now, we’ll be presenting the fixes for mending the error 80070057 in QuickBooks Desktop. You can try any of the 6 fixes given below. With complete confidence, we can say that the error code will stop bothering you.
Fix 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
To check whether the software is running with the latest updates available, you can navigate to the window of Product Information.
- Run “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Now, either tap the keyboard’s “F2” key or press a combination of “Ctrl” and “1” keys.
- In “Product Information”, view the version of the accounting software.
In case this version isn’t the latest one, you should prefer updating QuickBooks Desktop. To do so, you can automatically get the update by enabling the “Automatic Updates” option. Alternatively, you can also use the manual approach to get the latest release.
Fix 2: Launch QuickBooks by Implementing the Admin Permissions
When you use the admin permissions to access the software, the chances of coming across the QuickBooks error code 80070057 will be very low. You can completely close the software and then right-click on its icon. The option to run it as the admin will be available. Select it to open the software and the error code shouldn’t bother you again.
- First, exit “QuickBooks Desktop” in case it is open.
- You will see the icon of “QuickBooks”. Right-tap on it. Choose “Run as Administrator”.
- Wait for your company file to automatically open.
- In case your file doesn’t open, choose it and press “Open”.
Fix 3: Correctly Run the QuickBooks Company File
In QuickBooks Desktop, such an error can be seen when the company file hasn’t been correctly opened. Below, you can find the right way of doing it.
- Begin with running “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Choose your “QuickBooks Company File”.
- Press “Open”.
Fix 4: Shift the QuickBooks Company File to its Default Location
Here, you can check out how to fix the error code 80070057 in QuickBooks Desktop by shifting your company file to its default location. We’ll suggest that you close the software and enter your file’s location. This is followed by pasting the file in the default location. As you execute the remaining set of steps, this fix will reach completion.
- Exit the accounting software if it is presently running on your system.
- Visit the QuickBooks Company File’s “Location”.
- You will see the “.QBW” company file. Right-click on the same and pick “Copy”.
- Visit the default location mentioned as follows:
- Right-click in the default location and press “Paste”.
- Run “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Choose the option stating “Find a Company File”.
- Click on “Local Drives”.
- Find your file’s “Name”.
- After finding its name, opt for the correct file.
- Lastly, press “Open”.
Point to Remember: In case you are using the multi-user mode, see to it that the file is shared by you once it has been moved to the default location.
Fix 5: Authenticate the Extension of the Company File’s Name
This section carries a troubleshooting measure for this error that will authenticate the extension of your company file’s name. First, you can enter the Properties of your file and move to the QB tab. After entering the filename and software’s version, you can make a New Folder.
Let’s now go through the 21 steps of this fix to understand it well.
- Pick your “Company File”.
- Right-tap on the file to choose “Properties”.
- Visit the “QuickBooks” tab.
- In “Filename”, input the file’s extension.
- Next, enter QuickBooks’ “Version”.
- Press “Ok”.
- Right-tap on your screen to select “New Folder’.
- Copy your “Company File” and paste it in the new folder,
- Right-tap on the folder and opt for “Rename”.
- The extension has to be changed to “.qbm”.
- Press “Save”.
- Access “QuickBooks”. The “Portable Company File” has to be restored.
- In case any problem arises while opening the software, input “.qbb” to change the extension.
- Run “QuickBooks Desktop”. Then the backup needs to be restored.
- If the file doesn’t open, input “.qbx” for changing the extension.
- Select “QuickBooks Convert” for the accounting copy.
- Run “QuickBooks Desktop” and “Windows Explorer”.
- Click on “File”.
- Right-tap and pick “New Folder”.
- Via “Flash Drive”, copy “Companyfile.QBW”. Then go to the new folder to paste it.
- Finally, open the accounting software and the new folder once again.
Fix 6: Try Utilizing QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The final measure will show you the usage of the File Doctor Tool for escaping the QuickBooks error code 80070057. Running this tool requires you to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and access the Company File Issues option. The File Doctor Tool will be available here. You can opt for your Company File to start checking it via the tool.
Point to Remember: If your system contains the “QuickBooks Tool Hub”, verify that its version is the latest one. Click on “Home” or “About” for verifying the version. The information will be visible at the bottom. Install the latest version if not already installed. Then perform the steps 10 to 16. In case your system doesn’t have the tool hub, perform each of the steps shown below.
- Closing “QuickBooks” is the basic step.
- Look for the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” using your browser.
- Download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” with the version “22.214.171.124.”
- When the download is complete, save its file preferably on the “Desktop” or in the “Downloads” folder.
- Open this file. It will be named “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”.
- Use the guidelines visible on the display for installing the tool hub.
- See to it that the “Terms and Conditions” are accepted by you.
- After the installation is complete, visit the “Desktop”.
- Tap-twice on the tool hub’s icon.
Point to Remember: If the “Desktop” isn’t carrying the tool hub’s icon, search for the same in the “Start Menu” and run it.
- Click on “Company File issues”.
- Pick the option stating “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
Point to Remember: The tool will start after a moment. In case it doesn’t, “QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor” can be searched for and manually started.
- Go through the dropdown menu to pick the “Company File”.
Tip: Alternatively, you can press “Browse and Search” to pick the “Company File”.
- The “Check Your File” option has to be chosen.
- Press “Continue”.
- Input the “QB Admin Password”.
- Finally, press “Next”.
Let the scanning process run on your system to fix the problem.
Run-time errors like 80070057 in QuickBooks can emerge when the necessary permissions haven’t been enabled. For troubleshooting the error, as well as the message generated by it, we unfolded multiple fixes that you can make use of. These fixes will enable the necessary permissions to make no way for this QuickBooks error. Also, in case any other cause is contributing to the error, these fixes will ensure to remove them as well.
Read our post to find out how to reprint checks in QuickBooks.