Shipping address plays a major role in business as it sends products and services to a specific location of a client or customer. However, there can be instances when you have to edit or change the Ship To address for a particular customer in QuickBooks. If you want to know the same, learn with us how to change Ship To address in QuickBooks. Along with this, we will teach you to edit or change the default Ship To address in QuickBooks. So, let’s get straight to the guide.
How to Edit Ship To Address in QuickBooks?
There can be different reasons for which you may need to change the Ship To address However, now everyone is aware of the right procedure. If you want to learn how to change Ship To address in QuickBooks, we will teach you.
To change the shipping address on a purchase order, all you have to do is open the Vendor menu, select the Create Purchase Order, look for the Ship To option, and pick your customer whom you wish to edit the shipping address.
You can pursue these instructions to edit the Ship To address on a purchase order in QuickBooks Desktop:
- First of all, open the “QuickBooks” program on your computer.
- Then, go through the “Vendor” menu.
- After this, you have to click the “Create Purchase Order” menu.
- Here, you can find the “Ship To” or “Drop Ship To” fields. Make sure you locate them in the “Purchase Order” category.
- Once you found the shipping address, you can choose the relevant customer by clicking on the drop-down menu. Make sure you pick the customer to whom you are changing this address.
- After you pick your customer, move to the “Ship To” field and add the updated address.
After saving the new address in the Ship To field, you can close the tabs. Thereafter, you will be using the updated address and the orders will be shipped to that address only as long as you are not changing it.
How to Change Default Ship To Address in QuickBooks?
A lot of users prefer to add multiple addresses to one account. However, one of the addresses is usually being used the most. If it is required then you can set that address as the default one so that you don’t need to choose an address every time you send the product.
If you wish to change the default Ship To address, you have to navigate through the Lists menu. Thereafter, you can open the purchase order template. This can be found in the Templates section. After this, look for the Transaction and Company Information tab. Here, you are required to update the address in the Ship To Address section.
One has to ensure that the details you are entering are correct; the Ship To address should match your Company Information.
Now, in order to change the default Ship To address, you can follow these steps:
- Launch the “QuickBooks” program on your computer.
- Move to the “Lists” menu.
- Then, go to the “Templates” tab.
- Now, you can start looking for the “Purchase Order” template.
- After you spot the purchase order template, double click on it.
- Now, switch to the “Company and Transaction Information” tab.
- Here, select the “Update Information” option.
- At this point, you can choose the “Ship To Address” option. You can find it on the right side of the screen.
- After this, you can check if the “Ship To Address” detail is the same as your “Company Information”. If required then update the information.
- Once done, press the “OK” button to update the details.
As you follow these aforementioned steps, the default shipping address will be changed successfully. Now, you can continue using the updated address as your default address.
A shipping address is basically a location to where one sends the product or would like to get their order shipped. If you ever wish to change the address, you can do that easily. In this guide, we have shared easy steps for how to change Ship To address in QuickBooks. We also learned to change the default Ship To address in QuickBooks. Hope you find this blog useful.