When it comes to using the best accounting software, QuickBooks is the one that strikes our minds. It meets almost every expectation of a business owner. While QuickBooks Desktop is available for Mac and Windows users, there are some Chromebook users who want to use QuickBooks. However, most users have no clue how to make it work. Although QuickBooks for Chromebook can be possible, there are some pros and cons of using it specifically on Chromebook devices.
Furthermore, there are other important details that one should be aware of. If you are one of those Chromebook users who wants to take advantage of accounting software services on their device, we are here to enlighten you. Here, we will talk about the benefits of using QuickBooks for Chromebooks, system requirements, and the whole procedure to use QuickBooks on Chromebooks.
How Can QuickBooks Run on a Chromebook?
It is pretty easy to run QuickBooks Online on Chromebook devices. Once you meet the system requirements, you can proceed with the QuickBooks license. By receiving the license, you can activate QuickBooks. After that, you can get your cloud hosting service and bring your files there in the cloud. However, there are a number of pros and cons of using QuickBooks on Chromebook which we will discuss in further detail. If you are thinking about how does QuickBooks work on a Chromebook, here are the step-by-step details.
Step 1: Get the License to Use QuickBooks Online
By getting its subscriptions, you can access the company files from any device. All you have to do is take care of the internet connection and speed. If your system meets the requirements, you are eligible to use QuickBooks on Chromebook.
However, Chromebooks only support the online version of QuickBooks, and QuickBooks Desktop offers more features than this. So, there are chances that you may lack a number of features when using QuickBooks on Chromebook. In further detail, we will draw your attention to the pros and cons of using QuickBooks for Google Chromebook.
Pros of Using QuickBooks on Chromebook
- You will be able to access your company files from anywhere by using any device because QuickBooks Online only requires a browser that can be operated from a different device as well.
- Using an online version, you will not have to follow the long procedure of downloading a QuickBooks app and install it.
- You don’t have to worry about taking a backup of company files as QuickBooks Online does it automatically to Google Drive.
- QuickBooks Online is easy to use. All you have to get is a subscription. No contracts will tie you up.
Cons of Using QuickBooks on Chromebook
- Although QuickBooks Online requires a strong internet connection and speed, not having any of these, you might face problems accessing your QuickBooks company files.
- The features in QuickBooks Online version are limited as compared to QuickBooks Desktop. At this point, you might not perform certain tasks related to accounting and bookkeeping due to insufficient features in the online version.
Step 2: Get the Cloud Host
As specified earlier, QuickBooks Online doesn’t have much to offer in terms of smart features. To use QuickBooks on Chromebooks, all you need is to host the QuickBooks software along with a cloud provider. This way you can access all the smart features from the Chromebooks. Let’s follow these instructions to get the cloud host for using QuickBooks on Chromebooks:
- To use the QuickBooks hosted version on Chromebooks, you need to purchase the latest version of accounting software. This should be purchased from a trusted website or authorized seller.
- After that, you can select the cloud host. Make sure you look for a cloud host provider who provides dedicated and private cloud hosting services. This will make sure that your data remains safe and secure.
- Thereafter, the cloud host will upload QB software to the cloud and use the license that you bought for using QuickBooks. This will successfully license the software.
- Once the files are ready on your cloud, the provider lets you know how you can access your company field and work on them.
The hosting provider will also have an application to access the files in the cloud. You will receive your credentials as well so that you can make changes to access your files in the cloud. If required, you can use QuickBooks from your mobile as well.
Benefits of QuickBooks Online for Chromebook
If you are planning to use QuickBooks Desktop for Chromebook, you are going to get a number of benefits for your daily task in business. In the following details, you will find reasons why you should QuickBooks on Chromebook:
- By using QuickBooks on Chromebook, you can get instant access to the company files.
- It also provides a cloud accounting solution which means you can access the account from anywhere device that is connected to the internet.
- QuickBooks Online offers an automatic backup feature. As you use QuickBooks Online on your device, it automatically takes the backup daily. Hence, you don’t need to worry about creating backups of your company details. In addition, your account will be up to date.
- QuickBooks for Google Chromebook also allows you to create receipts and invoices fast which you can send in minutes.
System Requirements of QuickBooks for Google Chromebook
Chromebooks are designed to use online applications. That is why Chromebooks have less storage space and process power as compared to regular systems. Hence, QuickBooks Online is the best choice for Chromebook users.
However, to use QuickBooks for Chromebooks, users have to be aware of the system requirements. The requirements may differ depending on the software version you want to use. The basic minimum requirements to use QuickBooks on Chromebook are listed below:
- Internet Connection with at least 1.5 Mbps speed.
- RAM should be 2 GB.
- Windows, Mac, or Android along with supported web browser versions.
These are the minimum requirements to use QuickBooks Online on Chromebook. However, it is suggested to use 4 GB RAM and a 3 Mbps internet connection to make it function properly. Please note that QuickBooks Online cannot work on Linux Systems.
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software that can be accessed on your computers, mobiles, tablets, and laptops. If you are a Chromebook user and want to use QuickBooks, an online version can help you to do that. Here, we have discussed the whole procedure of using QuickBooks for Chromebook along with system requirements and benefits.
If you encounter any kind of error while using QuickBooks Online, we have prepared guides for you to solve such problems: