For the best user experience, Intuit releases new updates for QuickBooks accounting software. However, with such regular updates, you may confront QuickBooks error C 387 hopping on your screen. Such errors can have an adverse effect on your accounting software or company files. It may also hamper the important data stored on your computer. To avoid the risk of the error, executing the troubleshooting methods is the right way to follow.
Through our technical guide, we want our users to be aware of the causes of QuickBooks error C 387. By doing so, you can easily repair the error in QuickBooks.
- Key Reasons for QuickBooks Error C 387
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error C 387?
Key Reasons for QuickBooks Error C 387
Numerous reasons can cause certain error codes in QuickBooks. If you are wondering what are the main factors that lead to QuickBooks error C 387, read the following:
- Breakdown of Windows Firewall can cause the issue due to malware attack or virus.
- Important QuickBooks files have been mistakenly removed from your computer.
- QuickBooks installation is incomplete.
- Drivers may lead to invalid entries on your system.
- If you are not able to initialize or run the traditional operations by the system or the application is corrupted, you may encounter error C 387 in QuickBooks.
- Due to improper shutdowns, your system may bump into errors.
By resolving these problems on your Windows system, you can repair the errors in QuickBooks. For your help, we are going to provide a helpful solution that will be a helping hand in fixing the QuickBooks errors.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error C 387?
In QuickBooks, resolving the errors can be very tricky for certain error codes. However, QuickBooks error C 387 can be resolved easily with the basic troubleshooting methods. For instance, you can create invoices and delete them to refresh the system. In addition, you can check random templates for fixing the error and use the Reimage Repair tool. Besides that, users can run the Rebuild Data Utility and repair QuickBooks program. Read more to find the detailed steps:
Fix 1: Create Invoices in QuickBooks
The first action you should take is to create invoices in QuickBooks. After doing so, you can delete the invoice with the information you entered. This will help you to refresh the system and fix the error.
To generate and delete the invoices in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In the “QuickBooks” account, go to the “Customer” menu located on the top.
- Then, choose the “Create Invoices” option.
- Now, pick a template from the top right of the invoice.
- Here, you can enter the relevant details in the template such as Item, Customer, and Amount.
- Hit the “Save” button located on the top left.
- At this point, you are required to click the “Delete” button.
- Select the “OK” button to confirm your action.
Restart the QuickBooks program. After that, you can check if you find any QuickBooks error C 387. If so, then move to the next solution we have.
Fix 2: Use Repair Tool to Fix QuickBooks
QuickBooks errors can also be resolved if you run a repair tool on your computer. By doing so, you can fix the issues related to the installation on your system. All you have to do is download the Repair tool from the trusted source and scan your computer. Here are the steps for that:
- Visit the manufacturer’s website and start downloading the “Repair Tool”.
- Once the tool is downloaded, click on its download file to install it on your computer.
- After completing the installation, you can run the tool and hit the “Start Scan” button.
- As the tool starts scanning your computer for the errors affecting your QuickBooks program, you can wait for a while.
- When the tool detects the error, click the “Next” button.
- Press the “Repair Now” button. This will start repairing the error present on your system.
After running the scan for the errors and repairing them, you can start rebooting your computer to reflect changes. Once the system is restarted, you can continue using QuickBooks without conflicting any errors.
Fix 3: Manually Check the Templates to Fix the Error
QuickBooks error C 387 appears due to the fault of templates. By checking the random template, you can spot the error and edit the details manually. You can follow these steps to understand better:
- Go to the “Lists” menu.
- Click on the “Templates” and check each template by clicking on the “Open form”.
- Keep checking the templates until you spot an error. Then, you can close the form.
- After that, choose the template that has an error and edit it to fix the error manually.
Once you are done checking and spotting the error in templates, you can easily get rid of the unexpected errors in QuickBooks.
Fix 4: Download Reimage Repair Tool
Reimage Repair Tool helps you to scan your system and shows the damaged areas of your system. By using the same tool, you can repair the error in a few clicks. To proceed with this method, one has to follow the steps stated below:
- Visit the manufacturer’s website and download the “Reimage Repair Tool” on your computer.
- Make sure you save the download file in a location where you can locate it easily.
- Once the file is successfully downloaded, go to its location and click twice on it.
- Click the “Yes” button to run the file.
- As the installation completes, you will see the interface of the tool.
- Here, you are required to remove the checkmarks. This will start the “Automatic Scan” on your system.
- To proceed with this, users are required to click on the “Install” button to finish the installation process.
- As the tool installs on your system, make sure you download the updates on your system.
- Thereafter, the tool will start the preliminary scan.
- Once the procedure is done, the re-image repair tool shows the damaged areas on your system.
- After you detect the error, you can click on the “Start Repair” button.
This is how you can download and repair the errors by using the Reimage Tool. After performing all these steps, you can reboot your computer and continue using the QuickBooks program.
Fix 5: Run Rebuild Data Utility
Rebuild data utility helps you to spot the errors in QuickBooks. By detecting the errors, it becomes easy to repair them. Moreover, users can verify the errors after fixing the damaged data.
Here, you will see the procedure of both rebuilding data utility and verify data utility. Let’s have a look at the following steps:
Run Rebuild Data Utility
- Launch “QuickBooks” software on your Windows computer.
- After that, click on the “File” option from the top menu bar.
- Then, click on the “Utilities” option.
- At this point, press the “Rebuild Data” button.
- If you see the confirmation pop-up, press the “OK” button.
- Now, you may find another pop-up so that you can create a backup for your company file. To allow, you can select the “OK” option.
- Once you are done, click the “OK” button to end the rebuild process.
Run Verify Utility
- Select the “File” menu.
- Then, go to the “Utilities” option.
- Here, you will see the options for “Verify Data”.
- If you see no error in your data, hit the “OK” button. After this, you can attempt to open QuickBooks and access your company files.
- In case you find any errors in QuickBooks data then you are supposed to press the “Rebuild Now” or “View Errors” button.
When you are done repairing the damaged data, you can verify it later. This is one of the most effective methods to resolve QuickBooks error C 387.
Fix 6: Repair QuickBooks Program
If no method works on the error, you can simply repair your accounting software. By doing so, the errors will be repaired automatically. To repair the program, you can continue reading the following steps:
- Launch the “QuickBooks” program on your computer.
- Open the “Control Panel” using the Windows search bar.
- After that, click on the “Programs and Features” tab.
- Then, select the “QuickBooks Desktop” and click on the “Uninstall/repair”’ option.
- Here, you need to click on the “Next” button.
- Press the “Repair Now” button.
As your QuickBooks repairs, you can wait until the process is finished. Thereafter, you can reboot your computer and relaunch QuickBooks Desktop to verify the error.
To Wind Up
QuickBooks errors may interrupt business operations and affect productivity. Thus, repairing the errors in time is necessary. All you are required to do is scan your computer and find and repair the errors with the help of a repairing tool. We have also provided other methods that will help you to get rid of the error.
Those who are facing QuickBooks Error 6147 0 can read this guide and repair the error with resolving methods.