QuickBooks plays a significant role in transferring the data to the server or computer. However, in some instances, the data may get damaged due to which you may find a few details missing including names, accounts, or items. If you have stumbled upon the “QuickBooks error missing name list problem”, we are pleased to share this guide with you. Here, you will find numerous methods to eliminate the effect of QuickBooks errors.
In this detailed guide, we will discuss the “Missing Name List Problem” and its leading causes. To repair this issue, you will explore several solutions.
- What is QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem?
- Fix 1: Run QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem Repair Utility
- Fix 2: Restore Windows Computer
- Fix 3: Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
- Move the TLG File from Original Location to a New Location
- Open QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Folder to Move QBW.adr File
- Fix 4: Repair Files using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Fix 5: Restore the Backup
What is QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem?
QuickBooks uses specific lists to track business transactions and other activities such as vendors, customers, items, employees, accounts, etc. There can be a situation when the QuickBooks Desktop is missing a name from the QB list of names. Generally, the “Missing Name List Problems” occur in vendor or customer name lists. This happens due to the internal database error.
With the presence of this error, users fail to access the QuickBooks data file. In addition, you may not see the names in Transactions, Centers, and Reports. By executing the appropriate method, you can get rid of such problems.
What Causes “Missing Name List Problem”?
There can be numerous reasons behind the “Missing Name List Problem” occurring on your screen. If you are wondering what causes such an error, check out the following pointers:
- Windows system files have been corrupted or damaged.
- Incomplete installation of the QuickBooks Desktop can also affect the data.
- You improperly have removed hardware or application.
- Malware or antivirus services can make your system vulnerable which results in an unexpected error.
- Your system was not shut down properly.
Such reasons may harm your data more. Before it gets worse, you should troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop and bring back the missing data.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem?
The first and foremost method one can use is running the QuickBooks error missing name list problem repair utility. This will help you to scan the problem and resolve it immediately. If the file name is missing from your transaction folder, you can restore it by using the QB Auto Data Recovery tool.
If the problem is caused by your Windows computer then you can restore the operating system to the earlier state. Besides that, you can restore the backup or repair files using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
With no more delays, let’s have a look at each method one after one.
Fix 1: Run QuickBooks Error Missing Name List Problem Repair Utility
When the data of your system gets damaged, it is likely to encounter stubborn error codes on your computer screen. By running the QuickBooks error missing name list problem repair utility, you can fix this in a few simple clicks.
- To get started, you will have to download the “QuickBooks error missing name list problem repair utility”.
- Once it is downloaded, make sure you save it on your system where it can be located easily. Choosing the desktop for saving your download file will be easy to find the file later.
- After that, you can open the download file with a double click.
- Then, run the application.
- Here, you need to click on the “Scan” option.
As the tool starts scanning, you can wait for a few minutes. Once the scanning process is finished, make sure you restart the computer to reflect the applied changes.
Fix 2: Restore Windows Computer
This is also known as the Advanced Computer System method. To proceed with this method, you need to restore your computer to an earlier time. This will solve the issue by bringing the system to the earlier state having no error.
Have a look at the following steps to continue restoring the computer:
- Press the Windows “Start” menu.
- Select the “‘Programs” option.
- Click on the “Accessories” option.
- Go to the “System Tools”.
- Then, move to the “System Restore” option.
- In a new window, click on the “Restore my computer to an earlier time”.
- After that, press the “Next” button to proceed.
- From the “On this list, click a Restore Point” option, you can choose the latest time to restore the system.
- Click the “Next” button.
- When a confirmation pop-up appears, click the “Next” button.
As you perform these steps, the restoration starts processing. You can wait till the process is finished. After that, you can restart your computer and check if you can see the missing name.
Fix 3: Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
If the name from the transaction list cannot be found, you can restore it using the QB Auto Data Recovery tool. This will restive your recent transactions with the original files; .qbw.adr and .tif file.
To get started, we will first change the location of transaction files and then open the QB Auto Data Recovery tool. You can take help from the following instructions to understand better:
Move the TLG File from Original Location to a New Location
- Move to the “Desktop” screen and click right on it.
- Choose the “New Folder” option.
- Click on the name of the folder and type “QB Test” folder.
- After that, locate the folder in which you have saved the business files. To quickly access the business files, you can use the “F2” key or use the “Ctrl + 1” keys together.
- At this point, you need to locate the file with the “.TLG” extension.
- Click right on the business file with “.TLG” file and choose the “Copy” button.
- Once the file is copied, open the folder you created earlier named the “QB Test” folder.
- Then, click right anywhere on the folder and choose the “Paste” option.
Open QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Folder to Move QBW.adr File
- Once you move the business file from the original location to the new folder, you can launch the “QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery” folder. It should be located in the same place where your business file is located.
- From here, you can copy the file having the “.QBW.adr” extension.
- After that, open the “QB Test” folder and click right to choose the “Paste” button.
- At this point, you need to make sure that you have successfully moved “TLG” and “QBW.adr” files to the “QB Test” folder.
- Now, click right on the “QB Test” folder with the “QBW.adr” extension and select the “Rename” button.
- Then, remove the “ADR” from the file extension.
- Now, open “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Navigate to the business file and click twice on it. If it prompts you to enter the credentials, you can add them.
- Here, move to the “File” menu.
- Select the “Utilities” button.
- Click on the “Confirm the data” option.
If your business files are fine, you can now move them to the other site. After that, you can transfer the copied file from the QB Test folder to its original location.
Fix 4: Repair Files using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is the most trusted solution to repair QuickBooks and its damaged files. It automatically scans your QuickBooks data and repairs the files in time. Let’s have a look at the following steps to understand how to use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
- First of all, download the “QuickBooks File Doctor Tool” on your Windows computer.
- Then, go to the location where you have saved the download file.
- Double-click on the download file to open it.
- After this, switch to the “Diagnose File” tab.
- In the next window, add the login credentials. Make sure you enter the administrative sign in detail.
- Then, continue following the on-screen instructions.
Once you are done implementing these steps, reboot your computer. After that, you can check if you are able to see all your data.
Fix 5: Restore the Backup
By restoring the backup of your business file, you can fix the “Missing Name List Problem”. Make sure you restore the file with the correct extension. Let us show you how to proceed with this method.
- Go to the file list.
- Then, click on the file or press the “Restore the company file”.
- After that, click on the “Restore the backup” option.
- Press the “Next” button. Here, you need to ensure that you choose the local backup.
- Now, choose the backup file size from the list.
- Then, select the backup file with the “.qbb” file extension.
- When the file is opened, go to “Save the list”.
- After that, save your “Restored” file.
- Here, you can give the file a new name.
Once you save the file and respond to the on-screen prompt, the error should be fixed by now. To determine this, you can open QuickBooks and check if you can see the name in the transaction and other files.
To Sum Up
QuickBooks keeps showing technical errors. Some of them are hard to solve. However, the “Missing Name List Problem” can be fixed if you diagnose the leading cause. Once you find the main cause, it automatically becomes easy to repair the error. Here, we have given you the best ideas for solving the error. This will fix the damaged data and retrieve the lost file name for transactions, customers, vendors, and others.
What to do if QuickBooks automatic backup not working? Check out the reason behind it and solve the issue.