QuickBooks 6010 100 error is likely to hop up on your screen when the software installation has been modified. This suggests you reinstall the QuickBooks application. Moreover, the error indicates that your QuickBooks software is restricted to access the network. This may happen due to the installed firewall or antivirus services on Windows computers. If you are seeking help and want to get rid of QuickBooks error code 6010, we will assist you with this guide.
Through this guide, we will make you aware of the causes of the QuickBooks 6010 100 error so that you can perform the appropriate troubleshooting method.
- Why Do You See QuickBooks Error 6010?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010?
Why Do You See QuickBooks Error 6010?
There can be many reasons due to which you are facing QuickBooks error code 6010. Here we are specifying the most possible causes for your guidance.
- The Network Division (.ND) file is disconnected from your documents that end with TLG and QBW extension.
- Firewall services are not allowing your software to access the network.
- The framework of your system requires cleaning.
- Registry files related to your QuickBooks software are deleted by the registry -optimizing apps installed on your computer.
- You are unable to access QuickBooks Desktop due to antivirus services.
- Third-party apps that are downloaded on your Windows computer causing issues.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010?
To resolve the QuickBooks errors, effective troubleshooting methods are suggested. Here, we suggest you scan your company files using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service and using the No Company Open window. In addition, you can change the name of the ND file by adding OLD in the end. You can also end the QuickBooks-related running processes in Task Manager. If nothing works, you can simply reinstall the QuickBooks software.
These methods will help you to fix the error but make sure you follow each method carefully with proper instructions. To avoid any mistakes, we are explaining these methods with a manual procedure.
Fix 1: Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager
By restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you can scan the folders. This tool will help you to scan the company files and rectify the unexpected errors in QuickBooks. You can download this tool manually or use QuickBooks Tools Hub to access QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Download the “QuickBooks Tools Hub” on your computer.
- Save the download file on the system.
- Then, find the file with the name “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe” file from the Downloads folder.
- After that, double-click the file in order to run the setup.
- Hit the “Allow this app” option so that you can make changes on the computer.
- Once done, click the “Next” button to proceed with the installation.
- Press the “Next” button again to accept the agreement.
- Hit the “Install” button.
- Once the “QuickBooks Tools Hub” is installed successfully on your computer, you can launch this tool on your Windows computer.
- Now, switch to the “Network Issues” tab located on the left.
- Press the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” button.
- Here, switch to the “Scan Folders” tab and press the “Scan” button.
- At this point, you can click the “Browse” button.
- Then, select the folder or files that have the .QBW file.
- Click “OK”.
- Click on the “Start Scan” button.
This may take a few minutes to scan your company files. After this process is finished, you can sign in to the company files.
Fix 2: Repair Your QuickBooks Company Files
If your company files are damaged or corrupted then you should repair them. By doing so, you can prevent QuickBooks Desktop from unexpected errors. To repair the company file, you can carry out the following steps:
- First of all, open the folder that contains your company files.
- Then, search for the file with the “.QBW” extension in that folder.
- Once found, click the “Copy” button using the right-click context menu.
- Now, go to the desktop and click right to choose the “Paste” option.
- After that, open “QuickBooks Desktop” while holding on to the “Ctrl” key.
- As you see the “No Company Open” window, click on the “Open or restore an existing company” option.
From here, you can open the company file. This becomes easy for you to spot the error. If you still find any QuickBooks 6010 100 error then move to the next solution.
Fix 3: End the Running Process and Switch to Single User Mode
Running processes in the background can create conflicts due to which you fail to access QuickBooks Desktop. If you end these processes and then switch to the QuickBooks Single User mode then you can resolve the error. The following steps will show the whole procedure:
- Log in to your Windows computer with admin rights.
- Then, press the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys. This will launch “Task Manager”.
- After that, switch to the “Users” tab.
- Here, you can see the running process for all the users.
- Now, you can highlight the QuickBooks process such as “qbupdate.exe”, “QBDBM.exe” and “EXE”.
- Then, select the “End Task” button.
After you are done following these steps, you can try opening the QuickBooks company file. If it does not open or shows QuickBooks error code 6010 then you can move on to the next method.
Fix 4: Rename the .ND File
Renaming the .ND file can also be a helpful way to rectify QuickBooks 6010 error. All you are required to do is locate the file with the .ND extension, click right on it, select the Rename option, and add OLD at the end of the file name. Here are the detailed steps:
- To get started, open your company file that has an “ND” file extension.
- Then, access the file due to which you are facing an error.
- Once found, click right on it.
- Choose the “Rename” option using the right context menu.
- While editing the file name, add “OLD” at the file extension. Make sure you don’t remove anything. The ND file name should appear like this: “My company.qbw.ND.old”.
As you change the name of your .ND files, you can launch the QuickBooks Desktop. This way you can verify if you are viewing the error.
Fix 5: Stop the Hosting Multi-user Access
If you are receiving the same error repeatedly, we suggest you run QuickBooks in multi-user mode. You can set the multi-user mode from the File menu. Then, go to the Utilities option and select the Stop hosting multi-user access. You can follow these steps to disable the Hosting Multi-user Access in QuickBooks:
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Then, click the “Utilities” option.
- Here, you can click on the “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access”.
Thereafter, you can restart your QuickBooks software. In addition, you can disable the Internet Monitor feature. If you use the ESET NOD32 antivirus app then make you add OLD at the end of its file name. You can again close QuickBooks and start it to access the company files.
Fix 6: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes, your accounting holds the minor bugs due to which you are facing issues even after troubleshooting the error. In such cases, you can uninstall the software and install the latest version.
We recommend you to use QuickBooks Tools Hub as this makes it easy to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. Before getting started, you can remove the QuickBooks Desktop from the Control Panel. Thereafter, you can use QuickBooks Tools Hub to use the Clean Install Tool.
- Click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Search for the “Control Panel”.
- Switch to the “Uninstall or change a program” and locate the “QuickBooks” program.
- Select the “Uninstall” button.
- Once the software is removed successfully, you can launch “QuickBooks Tools Hub” to use “Clean Install Tool”.
- Make sure you choose the correct QuickBooks version that you wish to install on your PC.
- Press the “Continue” button.
- Click the “OK” button.
Now, you can continue installing the accounting software. After performing the clean install, you can easily access QuickBooks software without facing QuickBooks error 6010.
Fix 7: Use Quick Fix My Program
If you fail to access the company file then run Quick Fix My Program. This tool will help you to repair the error. You can use Quick Fix My Program directly from QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you don’t have QuickBooks Tools Hub on your computer then download it on your Windows computer.
After downloading and installing the tool on your computer, you can continue following these steps:
- Click on the Windows search bar and search for “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Once the tool is opened, you can go to the “Program Problems” tab. You can find it on the left.
- At this point, you can hit the “Quick Fix my program” option
After you run this tool, it starts scanning the issues. Thereafter, it repairs the problems automatically. You may need to wait for a few minutes. Once the process is finished, you can restart the computer and open the file.
QuickBooks Desktop is prone to errors. If you encounter a QuickBooks 6010 100 error, make sure you diagnose the main cause behind this error. Only after that, you can implement the fixation methods. In this guide, we have mentioned the best possible cause and troubleshooting methods to eliminate the error.
You may bump into other errors in QuickBooks. If you are facing any of the following error codes, check out these links to find the solution.