As you log into your QuickBooks Online account, the first page you see is your dashboard. On the QuickBooks dashboard or homepage, you get to see the overview of the company. This also gives quick access to business updates including expense, income, bank accounts, and more. However, for some users, the dashboard page keeps loading after logging into the QBO. Most users spot nothing but a blank page. If your QuickBooks dashboard not loading, the reason could lie between browser cache. Other technical glitches can also lead to such issues.
Therefore, we bring you this guide as a helping hand. Here, we will cover the main causes and repairing methods so you can load the QuickBooks dashboard properly to access your company data.
- Why QuickBooks Online Dashboard Won’t Load?
- Resolve QuickBooks Dashboard Not Loading Error using Troubleshooting Methods
Why QuickBooks Online Dashboard Won’t Load?
QuickBooks Online requires a strong internet connection to function properly. However, there can be other factors due to which your QuickBooks dashboard fails to load. Here, we are listing some of the possible reasons for the “QuickBooks dashboard not loading” error.
- Internet browser memory is getting full of cache, browsing history, and cookies due to which QuickBooks Online is unable to load properly.
- Your QuickBooks company files are probably containing special characters that are not acceptable.
- Keeping a dollar ($) sign on any of your list data can also lead to a “QuickBooks dashboard not loading” error.
- If the settings of your internet browser do not allow third-party cookies to function, it may also cause issues.
- Logging to your QuickBooks Online in multiple tabs on your web browser can also affect the loading process.
All these could be the reasons which result in unexpected QuickBooks errors. If your QuickBooks dashboard is unable to load properly, we are going to provide some helpful methods for you.
Resolve QuickBooks Dashboard Not Loading Error using Troubleshooting Methods
When you fail to load the QuickBooks dashboard properly, you should try opening your account in incognito mode. If it works smoothly then you should clear cache and cookies from the regular web browser to load QuickBooks. Besides that, you can remove the unaccepted special characters from your company file name, remove consecutive dollar signs from the transaction(Error Loading Transaction in QuickBooks) list and data. Here, we will explain these methods with detailed steps. Read and implement carefully.
Fix 1: Open QuickBooks Online in Private Browser
Logging into your web browser may cause certain issues. However, most websites open smoothly in an incognito mode. Hence, you should try opening the QuickBooks website if it fails to load the dashboard. To get into the incognito mode of your web browser, you can either use the shortcut key combinations or go through the browser’s settings menu.
In the following information, we will provide key combinations that can be used to open the incognito mode in your web browser:
- For Internet Explorer, you can press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Google Chrome users can use Ctrl + Shift + N
- In Safari Browser, you can use Command + Shift + N
- Mozilla Firefox users can press Ctrl + Shift + P
Alternatively, you can open your web browser, click on the browser’s settings icon (usually located on the top right corner), and select the New Incognito Window option. As you get into the incognito mode, browse the QuickBooks website and log in to your account. If you are easily able to load the page, it is a clear indication that you should clear the browser’s cache and cookies. Read the next fix to know more.
Fix 2: Clear Cache of Web Browser
The browser you use might have been storing cache, cookies, browsing history, and other temporary internet files for a long time. This type of data does nothing but takes unnecessary space due to which you fail to load certain pages. QuickBooks Online dashboard won’t load if you don’t clear temporary internet files on time. To clear cache and other browser data, you can perform the following steps based on the web browser you use:
Google Chrome Users
- Open “Google Chrome”.
- Click on the three vertical dots (located on the top right) to navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Locate the “Clear Browser Data” option.
- Then, get into the “Advanced” tab and mark the following options:
- Cookies and other site data
- Download history
- Browsing history
- Cached images and files
- Select the “Time Range” dropdown menu so you can pick a time period to clear the cache. The “All time” option can also be selected to clear the cache since the time you started browsing.
- Press the “Clear data” button.
- Once done, close the web browser and open it again to log in to QuickBooks Online.
Microsoft Edge Users
- Open “Microsoft Edge” and select the “Hub” icon. The icon can be found on the top right.
- After this, click on the “Clock” icon to open “History”.
- Then, select the “Clear all history” option.
- Click on the “Browsing history”.
- Now, select the “Cookies and saved website data”. Also, select the “Cached data and files”.
- At this point, you need to hit the ”Clear” button.
- As you see the “All Clear” popup, exit the browser and open it again to use QuickBooks Online.
Mozilla Firefox Users
- Launch “Mozilla Firefox” and open the “History” menu.
- Then, select the “Clear Recent History” option. You can also use the “Alt” key.
- Now, select the desired range by clicking on the “Time range to clear” dropdown. The “Everything” option can also be chosen to clear the cache.
- After this, click on the arrow placed next to the “Details” option and then choose the elements you want to remove. Choose all the items to clear items in bulk.
- Press the “Clear Now” button.
- Now start the “Firefox” browser to verify the error in QuickBooks Online.
- Mac users can click on the “Safari” menu.
- Click on the “Clear History and Website Data” option.
- Here, you can select the desired time period to clear the cache.
- Then, press the “Clear History” button.
- Now, select the “Safari” button and click on “Quit Safari”.
- Start the “Opera” browser on your computer.
- Then, select the “Menu”.
- Launch the “Settings”.
- Now, select the “Privacy & Security” option.
- Here, you can press the “Clear browsing data” option.
- After that, choose the “The beginning of time” option by clicking on the “Obliterate the following items from” drop-down menu,
- Once done, you can select the following:
- Cookies and other site data
- Download history
- Browsing History
- Cached images and files
- Hit the “Clear browsing data” button.
After following all these steps based on your internet browser, you can relaunch the browser and log in to QuickBooks Online. Now, your QuickBooks dashboard will load properly and you can use your account.
Fix 3: Remove Special Characters from File Name
QuickBooks does not allow every special character in the company file names. There are specific special characters that can be used. If your company file has characters that are not allowed by QuickBooks, you will surely have problems and the QuickBooks Online dashboard won’t load.
Here, we will show you what all special characters are allowed to use in company file names:
- Alpha-numeric: A-Z, a-z, 0-9
- At symbol: @
- Minus sign/hyphen: –
- Underscore: _
- Exclamation point: !
- Ampersand: &
- Plus sign: +
- Dot or period: .
- Number/pound sign: #
- Single quote: ‘
- Question mark: ?
- Comma: ,
- Tilde: ~
- Space: ()
- Semi-colon: ;
If your company file name contains any special characters other than this then you should edit the file name and remove unaccepted special characters from the file name. Let’s find out the steps for editing the file name.
- Login to “QuickBooks Online”.
- Then, select the “Gear” icon to open the settings.
- Now, click on the “Account Settings”.
- Select the “Company” option from the left side.
- From the “Company Name” section, click on the “Edit” icon.
- Remove the unaccepted special characters.
- Press the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Done” button.
As you edit the company file name taking care of the predetermined special characters, you can check if the QuickBooks dashboard is loading properly. If it does not help, make sure you check the transaction data and list. If it contains two consecutive dollars ($) signs then remove them from the list. Apart from this, you can enable third-party cookies in your web browser’s settings.
QuickBooks Online works via the internet and your web browser can bring up issues occasionally. If you are unable to load the QuickBooks dashboard, you should clear the cache as this is the gateway to solving the problem. Yet we have shared a couple of methods that will help you to fix the “QuickBooks Online dashboard won’t load” error
Do you have difficulties syncing your QuickBooks Online? If so, we have compiled a list of effective solutions. Read here how to fix the “QuickBooks Sync License Data Online” error.
Ans. Yes, QuickBooks has the dashboard. After logging into the account, you will be redirected to the dashboard from where you can access the business or company overview.