As is well known, QuickBooks users get a license and product number so they can register their account with the accounting software. The process also requires an internet connection (Internet Explorer) to sync the account. However, users may find it difficult to sync their QuickBooks account online which results in QuickBooks sync license data online error. Numerous factors can be the reason for such interruptions. Most users don’t even have any clue how to get this error repaired themselves.
Therefore, we have brought this guide to you. In this particular piece of writing, we will assist you to diagnose the causes. Along with this, you will discover a number of methods to solve the “sync license data online QuickBooks” issue.
- What are the Possible Factors of QuickBooks Sync License Data Online?
- Effective Ways to Get Rid of Sync License Data Online QuickBooks
- Fix 1: Verify the QuickBooks Product and License Number
- Fix 2: Find and Edit the EntitlementDataStore.ECML File
- Step 1: Locate the EntitlementDataStore.ECML File or Folder on Windows
- View Hidden Files from File Explorer
- View Hidden Files using the Windows Explorer (Windows 10, 8.1, & 8)
- Step 2: Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ECML File or Folder
- Fix 3: Configure the Internet Connection in QuickBooks
- Fix 4: Correct the Browser Settings
- Fix 5: Remove QuickBooks from Windows Firewall Blocked List
What are the Possible Factors of QuickBooks Sync License Data Online?
Poor Internet connections or misconfigured QuickBooks and Windows settings can bring complications. As a result, users get into unexpected errors while syncing their accounting software online. If you are bothered by QuickBooks sync license data online error, one should find out the what all factors causes the issue:
- QuickBooks Desktop is blocked by Windows Firewall.
- Internet Explorer settings are misconfigured.
- The connectivity of the internet connection is weak due to which the syncing process might fail.
- Users have not used the correct license and product number for registration.
Such reasons may not allow you to successfully sync the accounting details online. If you encounter any issues while syncing the QuickBooks Desktop, you can check the settings and implement the best possible solution to fix the problem. Let’s find out the solutions in further detail.
Effective Ways to Get Rid of Sync License Data Online QuickBooks
To recover this type of syncing error, you can implement a number of methods. First of all, check the product and license number of QuickBooks. After verifying it, you can rename the EntitlementDataStore.ECML file. By fixing the settings of Internet Explorer, you can solve the issue as well.
Make sure that your internet connection is working properly as a weak connection may interrupt the syncing process. Besides that, you can configure the Windows Firewall settings to make QuickBooks work properly. Let’s go through all these methods with a step-by-step guide.
Fix 1: Verify the QuickBooks Product and License Number
Before moving to the technical methods, you should check the product and license number of QuickBooks software. This will let you know if you are using the correct product and license number. To verify this, you are required to perform the following steps:
- Launch “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Then, use the “F2” key on your keyboard.
- When the “Product Information” window opens, you can check the necessary details such as product name, license number, and product number.
If required you can check the product release placed at the end of the product name. Then, go to the File menu and check the list including the earlier versions. Even after verifying the product and license number of your accounting software, if you are still bothered by the “sync license data online QuickBooks” error, move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Find and Edit the EntitlementDataStore.ECML File
EntitlementDataStore.ECML file often becomes the reason that you confront QuickBooks sync license data online. By changing the file name, you can resolve the error. Before proceeding, you should locate the hidden entitlement client files and folders and make sure that all the files are utilizing windows.
Step 1: Locate the EntitlementDataStore.ECML File or Folder on Windows
To locate these hidden files, you can opt for different ways based on the Windows version you are using currently. For example, you can either open File Explorer or use Windows Explorer to locate and view the files and folders.
View Hidden Files from File Explorer
- For Windows 10 Users
- Click on the “System Tray”.
- Then, select the “Folder” icon to open the “File Explorer”.
- After that, select the “View” tab.
- Click the “Hidden Items”. This will display all the hidden files and folders on your computer screen.
- For Windows 8 and 8.1 Users
- Use “Windows + E” keys on your keyboard.
- Once the “File Explorer” is opened, go to the “View” tab.
- Now, you can choose the file extensions and hidden products to view them.
View Hidden Files using the Windows Explorer (Windows 10, 8.1, & 8)
- Use the “Windows “E” keys together on your keyboard. This will open the “Windows Explorer” page.
- Now, you can press the two more keys together “Ctrl + F”. Doing so, you will be able to find the file directly by entering the file name.
- In case you are not aware of the file name, you can add a few keywords to make the result appear in searches.
This way you can find out the EntitlementDataStore.ECML file or folder on Windows computer. Now that you have found the file, editing the name of the file would be easier.
Step 2: Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ECML File or Folder
To change the EntitlementDataStore.ECML file or folder name, one has to perform the following steps stated below:
- Use the “Windows + R” keys to open the “Run” command.
- Here, you can copy the following path and paste it into the field.
- Press the “Enter” key to continue.
- Here, you can check for the “v8 folder” in the result.
- Once found, click right on it and choose the “Rename” option.
- After this, you can change the name to “v8(OLD)”.
As you rename the EntitlementDataStore.ECML file, you can check if your QuickBooks Desktop is successfully synced. If you are still facing sync license data online QuickBooks, we have other ways to fix it.
Fix 3: Configure the Internet Connection in QuickBooks
An improper internet connection can also bring difficulties to your QuickBooks Desktop. Therefore, you should check the internet connection and networks. To proceed with this method, one has to go through the QuickBooks Help menu. Users can follow these steps:
- Open “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Then, navigate to the “Help” menu.
- After this, select the “Internet Connection Setup” option.
- Here, you can choose the “Use my computer’s internet connections settings”.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- At this point, you can click on the “Advanced Connection Settings”. This will display all the internet options on the screen.
In case you detect any problem, you can correct the errors manually. This way you can find the issues in QuickBooks and fix the internet settings.
Fix 4: Correct the Browser Settings
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to connect to the browser. If the settings of your Internet Explorer are not correct, the accounting software may find it difficult to sync. To solve QuickBooks sync license data online problem, you can reset the browser settings.
- Launch “Internet Explorer” on your computer.
- Then, navigate to the “Tools” menu.
- After this, go to the “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Now, click on the “Reset Internet Explorer” settings.
- Select the “Reset” option.
- Once you are sure you want to reset the settings, hit the “Reset” button.
After applying the default settings, you can close the window. Then, restart your Windows computer to refresh the system and verify if you can successfully sync the account.
Fix 5: Remove QuickBooks from Windows Firewall Blocked List
Windows Firewall may not recognize the QuickBooks Desktop app and hence it adds it to the block list. If you find the QuickBooks Desktop app in Windows Firewall’s block list, you should remove QuickBooks from there and add this app as a trusted platform. Follow these steps to understand what all settings you should apply:
- First of all, add “Firewall Port” for the “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- After that, click on the “Windows” menu.
- Select the “Windows Firewall”.
- When a new window opens, click on the “Advanced” settings.
- Here, click right on the “Inbound Rules”.
- Select the “Port”.
- Click the “Next” button.
While applying Windows Firewall settings, make sure the TCP is selected. After adjusting the settings, you can launch QuickBooks. It will not sync properly online.
To Sum Up!
QuickBooks registration is important to make it functional. If you are having trouble syncing it online, there is something that must be wrong either with your internet connection or internet settings. Misconfigured Windows Firewall can also be the reason that you confront QuickBooks sync license data online error. To resolve this problem, we have shared some helpful solutions above.
QuickBooks may bump into other errors. If you are facing any of the following issues in QuickBooks, we have prepared curated guides for you:
- What to Do If QuickBooks Dashboard Not Loading?
- Fix EXEAdapter Error QuickBooks Install Issue!