QuickBooks error code 15215 mainly occurs during the maintenance release. However, such errors can also show up while you download payroll updates or update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. There can be several factors behind QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215. If you are seeking a helpful guide to fix the error, you landed on the right page.
In this guide, we will make you aware of the leading causes of QuickBooks 2014 maintenance release error 15215 along with fixation methods. Continue to read the guide to know more.
- Leading Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15215
- How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
Leading Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Users encounter QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 due to several reasons. In the following details, we will show you the best possible factor leading to unexpected error in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Incorrect configuration of Internet Explorer can bring issues to your QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks Desktop verifies the company files signatures. If you download any file during the update process fails to verify, the QuickBooks 15215 error may occur on your screen.
- Windows computers are malware-infected.
- QuickBooks installation is inappropriate or incomplete.
- The corrupted download of QuickBooks software or the setup is incorrect.
- The server is probably not responding.
The presence of this error affects your accounting software in a way that the programs will crash in between while running on your computer. Your system may also start freezing, mouse or keyboard stops responding to the commands, and so on. The QuickBooks 2013 error 15215 may pop up constantly on the screen that may get you in a frustrated mode. To avoid such issues, you can troubleshoot the error by implementing the required methods.
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 primarily appears due to the wrong internet settings. If you configure Internet Explorer and apply the necessary changes, you can get rid of such errors. For instance, you can enable Use TLS 1.0 in Internet Options and add inbound/outbound rules to Windows Firewall.
However, QuickBooks 2014 maintenance release error 15215 can also display when you do download the new updates. In such a situation, you can download the latest updates. Besides that, you can run QuickBooks as an administrator, restart Windows in a Selective Startup mode, reboot the computer, and correct the date and time.
If you are not a technical person, you can go through the following methods one by one and apply the steps manually.
Fix 1: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
QuickBooks Desktop should be run with administrative privileges if you want to access the accounting software properly. Logging in to the account without admin rights may restrict you to perform certain actions. If you are confronting QuickBooks 2014 maintenance release error 15215, the first thing you should do is to run QuickBooks as an administrator. Here are the steps for the same:
- First of all, make sure that the “QuickBooks Desktop” is not running on your computer.
- Then, spot the “QuickBooks Desktop” software icon and click right on the same.
- Here, you can select the “Run as Administrator” option from the right-click context menu.
- Once you do so, your screen shows a message stating if you are sure to make changes to the computer. Here, you can select the “Yes” button.
As you launch your QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator, it allows you to access the data and perform other actions without any restrictions. However, if you still encounter QuickBooks 2013 error 15215, we have more solutions for this.
Fix 2: Restart Windows Computer in a Selective Startup
Windows computers often become the reason for the inefficient functionality of the QuickBooks Desktop. As a result, you might fail to download payroll updates and confront other issues while accessing QuickBooks accounting software. Thus, you should restart your Windows computer in Selective Startup mode. This allows you to run your accounting software without any conflicts. Let us show you how to get into Selective Startup mode.
- Close “QuickBooks Desktop” if running on your computer.
- Open the run dialog box based on the following versions of Windows computer:
- Windows 10 and 8: Press the “Windows” icon key on your keyboard -> type “Run” in the search bar and open it once it appears in the result.
- Windows XP: Click on the “Start” menu and select the “Run” option.
- Windows Vista and 7: Select the “Start” button -> choose “All Programs” -> select the “Accessories” -> click on the “Run” button.
- When you see the “Run” dialog box opened, type “MSConfig” in the text field.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Now, once you get into the “System Configuration Utility” window, select the “Selective Startup” option. Be sure that the “Load Startup” option is not marked.
- After that, you can click on the “OK” button.
Once done implementing these steps, you can restart your Windows computer. Then, launch QuickBooks Desktop. When the latest tax table is successfully downloaded, you can go back to the System Configuration Utility and select the Normal Startup option this time. Make sure you restart the computer after switching back to the normal mode.
Fix 3: Enable the Use TLS 1.0
Incorrect settings may cause certain difficulties while running accounting software. Therefore, it is important to verify that the TLS 1.0 setting is enabled in Internet Explorer. To verify this setting through Internet Options, you need to go through the following steps:
- Make sure “QuickBooks Desktop” is not running on your computer.
- Then, launch the “Internet Explorer”.
- Go to the “Tools” menu from the top right.
- Click on the “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Settings” tab and find the following:
- Use TLS 1.0
- Use TLS 1.1
- Use TLS 1.2
- At this point, you need to make sure that the “Use TLS 1.0” option is checked. Please note, if “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” options are not marked.
- Once done, click on the “OK” button.
After performing these steps, you can close Internet Explorer and reboot the Windows computer. As your computer restarts, you can launch QuickBooks Desktop and check if the error still persists.
Fix 4: Reboot the Windows Computer
When no solution works, you can simply reboot your system. This allows your Windows operating system to work properly and run every program efficiently. All you have to do is restart the PC on which you access QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. Alternatively, you can reset the settings to repair the blocked connection.
Fix 5: Check Date and Time
Incorrect system date and time might affect the functionality of Windows computers. We suggest you correct the date and time settings on the Windows computer to make the program work effectively. Have a look at the following steps:
- Click on the “Start” menu.
- Then, open the “Date and Time settings”.
- Select the “Settings” app by clicking on the gear icon located above the power icon.
- Click on the “Time and Language” option.
- Select the “Date & Time” tab.
- At this point, you need to make sure that the time and date of your system is correct.
- If you find the time wrong then you can click on the “Set time automatically” option. This will set the time depending on the state you have set.
- To change the date, you can click on the dropdown menu and check the current month in your calendar and pick the current date from the “Date” column.
- After this, you can go to the “Time” section and select the right seconds, minutes, or hours that you wish to change.
- Based on your current location, you can slide the value until you get the correct one.
- Once done, click on the “OK” button.
As you apply the correct time and date on your Windows computer, you can restart the computer and run QuickBooks Desktop to verify if the error has been resolved.
Fix 6: Configure Firewall Settings
Users have to make sure that Windows Firewall settings are not blocking the QuickBooks program otherwise you will confront the “QuickBooks error 15215 server not responding” error message. In this method, we will show you to add required ports; inbound and outbound rules in Windows Firewall. Check out the following steps to understand better:
- Go to the “Start” menu.
- Then, search for the “Control Panel” using the search bar.
- Now, select the “System and Security” option.
- Click on the “Windows Firewall” option.
- Switch to the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Then, highlight “Inbound Rules” from the left.
- Click right on the “Inbound Rules” option.
- Select the “New Rule” option.
- Now, from the “Rule Type” option, you can select the “Port”.
- Here, you will see the two radio icons. The first icon is to choose the “TCL” setting which is recommended whereas the other icon is for “Specific local ports”.
- Make sure you separate them by adding a comma.
- Once done, click the “Next” button.
- When you see another window, click the “Next” button.
- Click the “Allow the connection radio” icon.
- When you wish to apply the rule, choose the “Network Type”.
- In case you keep switching from one network to another, it is suggested to check all the options before you click on the “Next” button.
- At this point, you can add the rule and click the “Finish” button.
Once you add the Inbound Rule, the same procedure can be followed for the Outbound Rule. After adding these necessary rules, you can continue using QuickBooks Desktop.
Fix 7: Download the New QuickBooks Updates
Intuit often releases new updates for the better performance of your QuickBooks Desktop. Most users keep the update pending and don’t install it. Not installing the new updates may cause certain errors while running programs on your computer. If you encounter error 15215 in QuickBooks 2014, make sure you check the updates and install them if you find any. You can go through the following instructions to check and install the updates:
- Go to the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Here, you need to make sure that the product has been chosen.
- Then, click on the “Change” tab.
- Choose the “QuickBooks” product.
- Click on the “Update” option.
- Select the location where you need to save the file.
- After performing these steps, select the “Save” button.
- Now, you need to locate the file that you downloaded in the earlier steps.
- Click twice on the downloaded file to proceed with the installation.
Once the installation is completed, you can restart the computer. Then, launch QuickBooks Desktop to run the software with the updated version. It will help you to remove QuickBooks 15215 error.
To Sum Up
QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215 can be seen at the time of maintenance release. Even if you update QuickBooks software or download payroll updates, you may confront error code 15215 on your screen. The wrong configuration of Internet Explorer can cause such issues that can be resolved easily. Here, we have given you enough methods to troubleshoot the error in QuickBooks. Try these methods and get rid of unwanted QuickBooks errors.
Are you bothered by other error codes in QuickBooks? If so, check out these guides you may be in the quest of: