When accessing QuickBooks Online, you may confront 502 Bad Gateway errors on your screen. Such types of error codes usually occur when the QuickBooks web application is running on the Google Chrome web browser. The error can be spotted when the response is not valid from the server. 502 bad gateway in QuickBooks Online can also appear when the cache memory of your internet browser is full. There can be many more reasons due to which the server fails to connect with QuickBooks Online. Therefore, we bring you this guide that can be a savior for you.
The blog posts explain the leading causes of 502 bad gateway in QuickBooks apps and the helpful methods to fix the error.
- What Does 502 Bad Gateway Mean on QuickBooks?
- Effective Methods to Fix the 502 Bad Gateway in QuickBooks Online
- Fix 1: Clear Cache and Cookies of the Web Browser
- Fix 2: Add Intuit as Trusted Website
- Fix 3: Clear QuickBooks App Cache
- Fix 4: Manually Download the Transactions
- Fix 5: Verify the Active Script Settings in Internet Explorer
What Does 502 Bad Gateway Mean on QuickBooks?
When the HTTP status code server receives an invalid response from the server on your internet, it displays 502 bad gateway in QuickBooks Online. Along with this, users may accept cookies and cache while visiting several websites. When this cache memory gets full, it may not load QuickBooks Online on your browser. However, by clearing the cache and cookies, you can resolve this issue.
Leading Causes of 502 Bad Gateway Error in QuickBooks Online
Before you resolve the QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error, it is important to be aware of the cause. Here, we are listing a number of causes that can be the reason for facing unexpected errors in QuickBooks Online.
- Browsing history has not been cleared for a long time.
- Virus or malware attacks can also bring QuickBooks bad gateway 502 error.
- The Intuit website is not marked as a trusted website in Internet Explorer.
- Cache memory if the browser is full.
- QuickBooks cache memory has not been cleared.
- Active Script is not enabled in Internet Options.
Such reasons can be the major factors that lead to QuickBooks app 502 bad gateway error. The presence of this error affects your QuickBooks Online in a way that you won’t be able to log in to the account. However, you can resolve this issue by performing troubleshooting methods.
Effective Methods to Fix the 502 Bad Gateway in QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online 502 bad gateway error is related to the internet browser. If you configure your regular web browser or apply the necessary settings, you can easily remove the error message. With the help of this guide, we will show you how to fix the error by clearing cache and cookies based on different browsers. In addition, you can add QuickBooks as a trusted source in the internet browser, clear QuickBooks cache, download the transaction manually, and enable the Active Script feature.
In the following blog, we will explain each method with detailed steps. Follow these methods carefully and get rid of 502 bad gateway in QuickBooks Online.
Fix 1: Clear Cache and Cookies of the Web Browser
When you visit any web page, it saves the data in the cache memory so that it can load the site swiftly when you visit it next time. With the period of time, the cache memory may get full and this leads to QuickBooks Online 502 bad gateway error. To resolve these problems, you are required to clear the cache and cookies on your internet browser. In the following detail, we will show you to clear cache for different web browsers.
- Launch “Google Chrome” web browser.
- Then, click on the three dots located on the top right of the browser window.
- Here, you can go to the “More tools” option.
- Click on the “Clear browsing data”.
- Once done, make sure you have selected from the “Time range” list.
- At this point, you can select the following options:
- Cached Images and Files
- Other Site Data
- After that, hit the “Clear data” option.
- Open the “Internet Explorer” on your system.
- Then, select the “Tools” option.
- Click the “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Delete” tab from the “General” tab.
- Now, click on the option that has the temporary internet files.
- Once done, press the “Delete” button.
- As you open the “Firefox” browser, click on the three bars located on the top.
- Then, select the “Options”.
- Click on the “Privacy and Security” tab.
- Select the “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Web Content” options.
- Click on the “Clear” option.
You can use these steps depending on the web browser you are using to run QuickBooks online. Once you are done clearing cache and cookies, be sure to verify if there is still any presence of QuickBooks error 502 error.
Fix 2: Add Intuit as Trusted Website
In some instances, QuickBooks fails to run if it is not added as a trusted website in the internet browser. Hence, you should go to the Internet Options and add the Intuit website as a trusted page. In further detail, we will guide you to perform this method on Internet Explorer on Windows and Safari on Mac.
Internet Explorer on Windows
- Launch “Internet Explorer” on your computer.
- Move to the “Tools” menu.
- After this, you can click on the “Internet Options”.
- From here, you can switch to the “Security” tab.
- At this point, you can choose the “Trusted sites” option.
- As you see a new window opens, type “Intuit.com” in the field.
- Make sure you remove the checkmark for the server.
- Once done, press the “Add” option.
- Click on the “OK” button.
Safari on Mac
- Open the “Safari” browser.
- Then, type “com” in the address bar.
- Now, hit the “Enter” key.
- Click on the “Bookmark and Add Bookmarks” option.
- After this, click on the “Top sites” using the “Add this page” drop-down menu.
- Select the “Add” button.
When you are done adding Intuit QuickBooks to the internet browser settings, you can continue using QuickBooks Online. This will allow you to load the web application uninterruptedly.
Fix 3: Clear QuickBooks App Cache
Besides the web browser, it is also important to clear the cache of your QuickBooks account. This will allow you to load the data properly in time and avoid QuickBooks Online bad gateway 502 error. To do so, you are required to pursue the following steps:
- Launch “QuickBooks” on your computer.
- Then, select the “Help” tab from the top menu.
- Now, click on the “Reset App Data”.
- Select the application.
As the cache gets cleared from your QuickBooks account, you can check if you are still facing the QuickBooks Online Desktop app 502 bad gateway.
Fix 4: Manually Download the Transactions
When you have implemented enough solutions for your internet browser to run QuickBooks Online, you should try downloading the transaction manually. This will help you to get rid of the QuickBooks Online error message 502 bad gateway. Here, we will guide you to update the accounts and exclude duplicate entries.
- Click on the “Banking” menu.
- Then, select the accounts that you want to update.
- Once selected, you can click on the “Update” option.
In case you find duplicate entries then your bank must have sent them twice. This happens usually after the maintenance updates. However, you can exclude transactions from your download transactions page. This can be done by following these steps:
- Go to the “Banking” menu.
- Switch to the “Review” tab.
- Here, you are supposed to mark all the duplicate entries.
- At this point, you can select the “Batch actions” tab.
- Then, select the “Exclude selected”.
As you update the transactions and exclude the duplicate ones, you can continue working with QuickBooks.
Fix 5: Verify the Active Script Settings in Internet Explorer
Most users prefer to run QuickBooks Online using Internet Explorer. Thus, it is important to configure the browser and implement the correct settings to successfully access QuickBooks Online. In this method, we want you to verify the Active Script settings to reduce the risk of QuickBooks Online error 502 bad gateway. As a helping hand, we are providing these steps stated below:
- Launch the “Internet Explorer” on your computer.
- After that, click on the “Tool” menu.
- Select the “Internet Options”.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Select the “Internet” icon.
- At this point, you need to select the “Custom Level”.
- Click the “Enable Active Scripting” option.
- Once done, click the “OK” button.
This way you can enable the Active Script settings in Internet Explorer. After performing these steps, you should check if QuickBooks Online is running efficiently.
If you are still finding problems using QuickBooks in your browser, we suggest you open QuickBooks in another browser. Apart from this, you can connect with the QuickBooks Help support to get the QuickBooks Online login 502 bad gateway error resolved.
To Wind Up
Due to an invalid response from the server, you may confront 502 bad gateway in QuickBooks Online. However, if you clear the cache and correct the settings of your browser, you can resolve the error. We have given some helpful solutions to troubleshoot the gateway error so that you can run QuickBooks Online efficiently.
If you are bothered by other error codes, we have prepared more such guides for you. Have a look at the following links: