Generally, OL and OLSU errors occur when there is a problem with the bank feeds. Moreover, users spot different kinds of error codes on the screen. Such bank feed errors also take place due to incorrect internet settings. Your banking website can also be responsible for such problems. If you have stumbled upon QuickBooks error OL 232 and want to know the leading factors, stick through this guide. We will also share some of the best methods to remove the bank feeds errors. Let’s read ahead!
The detailed guide wraps up the major reasons due to which you encounter OL 232 QuickBooks errors. Along with this, you will find several resolving methods to fix the QuickBooks error.
- What are the Main Causes of QuickBooks Error Code OL 232?
- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error OL 232?
- Fix 1: Verify the Internet Security Protocols
- Fix 2: Check the File Extension
- Fix 3: Create a Test File and Download the Bank Feeds Transactions
- Fix 4: Create Accounts and Merge with the Existing One
- Fix 5: Refresh the Bank Connection
What are the Main Causes of QuickBooks Error Code OL 232?
Bank feeds errors can be caused due to several reasons. With the impact of QuickBooks error OL 232, you may fail to access the bank website. This happens because of the following reasons:
- Your internet connection is interrupting the bank connection.
- There is an issue with at least one of the bank accounts in the company file.
- The bank file is not compatible with your QuickBooks software.
- Using outdated Internet Explorer to browse bank websites can also cause issues.
- If you are using the unsupported QuickBooks version, you may find the bank feeds error.
- Another reason could lie with your bank as well. For instance:
- There are pending alerts on the bank account you have to acknowledge.
- Your bank has probably changed the service offering to Direct Connect or Web Connect.
- There is an inactive bank account in your QuickBooks account.
- Problems with the servers can also cause issues.
- If the bank details are not updated on the Financial Institution Directory in QuickBooks then you may encounter issues.
All these problems could lead to bank feeds or bank errors(QuickBooks Banking Error 324 or 106) due to which you encounter QuickBooks error code OL 232.
What Things to be Noted Before Fix the Issue?
To make the procedure easy, we recommend you go through the following guidelines:
- Make sure you backup the company files.
- Users should match the pending transactions that have been downloaded.
- It is also suggested to open the bank website outside of the QuickBooks program and be sure that you don’t have any pending alerts in your account that are supposed to be acknowledged by you.
- Your internet connection strength should also be strong so that you can browse and access the bank account efficiently.
- Make sure the Windows firewall is not blocking your QuickBooks program.
- The current version of QuickBooks you are using should be supported. In case it isn’t then make sure you update your QuickBooks program to the latest version.
- Update the Internet Explorer through which you browse your bank website or perform banking operations to avoid conflicts.
- Also, check if you are seeing the error in the Bank Feeds Classic Mode. If not then this justifies that your file works fine in Classic Mode.
After you meet these requirements or improvements, you can continue following the troubleshooting methods provided in further detail.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error OL 232?
To fix the Bank Feeds error, users are required to set the correct security protocols for QuickBooks. It is also necessary to open the bank file with a supported file extension (.qbo). You can also try creating the test file so that the Bank Feeds can be downloaded easily. By creating the account and merging them with the old one can also solve the Bank Feeds errors. In addition, you can refresh the bank connection or set up online banking for other accounts.
Have a look at the following fixes and read each step carefully. These methods will help you to repair QuickBooks error OL 232.
Fix 1: Verify the Internet Security Protocols
Internet Explorer browser uses the TLS 1.2 security protocol to secure the data when you connect to the bank. If you have not set TLS 1.2 as your security protocol, you will face problems. Hence, it is important to check the internet security requirements and apply the required changes.
- Open the “Internet Explorer” on your computer.
- Then, navigate to the “Tools” icon located on the top.
- After this, click on the “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Advanced” option.
- Scroll down and find the “Security” section.
- In case you don’t find the “TLS 1.2” option marked, you can click on the checkbox to mark it.
- Once done, click the “OK” button to confirm the action.
After fixing the internet security protocols, you can close all the opened windows. Now, you can restart your PC and try downloading the transactions. If the OL 232 QuickBooks
error still on your screen, move to the next solution.
Fix 2: Check the File Extension
QuickBooks supports the .qbo file extension for opening the downloaded transactions. In case your bank uses some other file extension, QuickBooks might not open the file due to which you may find errors on your screen.
To find out if the issue is with the file type or bank, you can try downloading the transactions from the bank website directly to QuickBooks. Here are the steps for that:
- Log in to the bank website. Make sure you do that outside of QuickBooks.
- Now, search and download the bank transactions. The file extension should be “.qbo”.
- Then, start importing the transactions to QuickBooks.
If you are unable to open the .qbo file, then the problem is with the bank for which you can contact them and get the solution. But, if you can import and view the transactions but see the QuickBooks error code OL 232 then move to the next solution.
Fix 3: Create a Test File and Download the Bank Feeds Transactions
If you have issues downloading the bank feeds transaction then you can try to do the same with a test file. This will help you to identify if your file has some sort of issue or with the bank.
- Launch the “QuickBooks” program.
- Then, click on the “File” menu.
- Click on the “New Company” option.
- Choose the “Start Setup” or “Express Start” option.
- Once done, you can set up the “Bank Feeds” for the accounts that are affected.
After setting up the bank feeds, you can try downloading the transactions in a new file. In case you are still viewing the error, this justifies that the problem is with your bank. You can get help from the bank support and make sure you provide them with a copy of Bank Feeds logs.
Fix 4: Create Accounts and Merge with the Existing One
Company files might also have some issues because of which QuickBooks fails to open the files. In such a situation, you can make a copy of your account and then merge QuickBooks account with the existing. Here are the steps one should follow:
Deactivate the Online Services and Create the Account
- Click on the “Chart of Accounts” menu.
- Then, click right on the affected account and choose the “Edit Account” option.
- After this, select the name of your account and then copy the name.
- Here, you can add the asterisk (*) at the end of your account name.
- Click on the “Bank Feeds Settings” tab.
- Then, click the “Deactivate All Online Services” option.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Hit the “Save & Close” button.
- Now, you can create a new account through the “Chart of Accounts” option. Make sure you add the account name you copied earlier while setting up the account name.
Merge the Accounts
- Navigate to the “Chart of Accounts” menu.
- Click right on the account available with the asterisk sign.
- Now, click on the “Edit Account” button.
- From here, you can remove the (*) sign and press the “Save & Close” button.
- Then, hit the “Yes” button to merge your accounts successfully.
Once you are done merging your account, set up the Bank Feeds and check if you can easily download the transactions. In case you are unable to edit or merge the account, it indicates your company file is damaged. Make sure you repair the files.
Fix 5: Refresh the Bank Connection
If you have an online bank or a bank account that is inactive, turn them off. After that, you can refresh your bank connection for the accounts that are affected. To get started, you will have to check if there is an inactive account with online banking. For that, you can do the following:
- Click on the “Company” menu.
- Then, click on the “Chart of Accounts” option.
- Click on the “Include Inactive” box. Here, you can check the inactive account with the lightning bolt sign.
In case you find the account then deactivate it. Or, you can set up the Bank Feeds and try downloading the transactions. To deactivate the online service, we have these steps:
- Click right on the inactive account.
- Then, click on the “Edit Account.
- Press the “Bank Feed Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Deactivate All Online Services” option.
- Hit the “OK” button.
- Then, click on the “Save & Close” button.
While refreshing the bank connection, if you don’t find any error, then the problem lies with your bank connection. For this, you can connect with the bank support team.
Bank Feeds errors can occur due to wrong internet settings. A fault from your bankside or company files can also cause such issues. By following the aforementioned methods, you can fix the OL 232 QuickBooks error easily. All you have to do is make sure that you read the guidelines first (that was provided above) and implement the repairing solutions given above.