While you attempt to access the bank account, you may encounter QuickBooks error 324 or 106. This online banking error can appear in different scenarios. For instance, when you log in to the bank website, QuickBooks Online fails to find your account. This may happen when the bank account has been closed and QuickBooks is not able to show up in the records. However, you can fix this problem by reconnecting your bank account. If you are in the quest for the best solutions, we will take you through the most relevant and effective solutions through this guide.
The following guide demonstrates the major causes of QuickBooks Online error 324 or 106. In addition, you will find the repairing methods to eliminate the effect of bank errors in QuickBooks.
- What Could Cause QuickBooks Online Error 324 or 106?
- How to Resolve Error 324 or 106 in QuickBooks?
What Could Cause QuickBooks Online Error 324 or 106?
Banking errors can be caused due to several reasons. Moreover, the error can show up in different circumstances while performing banking operations. The major causes of this QuickBooks error 324 or 106 are listed down:
- The bank server is probably down because of which you fail to access the website due to under maintenance of the bank website.
- QuickBooks is not able to establish a connection with the banking servers.
- The company file that has the containing transactions is damaged or corrupted.
- Corrupted company files can also cause issues to the bank server.
- Internet connection strength is weak.
- Misconfigured internet settings.
To resolve the bank server issue, you should configure the internet settings and implement the best possible method which we will discuss in further detail.
How to Resolve Error 324 or 106 in QuickBooks?
Before getting started, one has to make sure that the bank account is successfully updated. However, there are a few things you need to consider for which we will talk about later. Users should also try signing into the bank account using the URL given by the bank. Besides that, you can disconnect the bank account and correct the LAN settings.
If it is required, you can set up a bank connection with Well Fargo online banking. This will help you to set the bank account as default. To avoid conflict with the bank website, you can continue reading the following methods.
Fix 1: Update the Bank Account Manually
To fix error code 324 in QuickBooks, the first action you should take is to update the bank account. For this process, a Multi-Factor Authentication number is required. Check out the following steps to manually update the bank account.
- Launch “QuickBooks Online”.
- Navigate to the “Banking” menu from the left.
- Here, you will see the selected or not selected accounts. At this point, you need to make sure that the accounts you don’t want to update are not selected. To recognize it well, you can check the Blue and Grey signs. The Blue sign indicates the account selected where the Grey color shows your account is not selected.
- As you choose the account, hit the “Update” button to continue.
- If you are prompted to enter the “Multi-Factor Authentication” number (MFA) then enter it.
When the update process finishes, you receive a notification. You can also check if this method works effectively or not. To verify that, you can check the total number of bank transactions and the date of the last update.
Things to Consider for Manual Bank Account Updates
- There are a few credit card companies and banks that post the transactions for download the next morning (or after a day). In such a scenario, you should wait at least for a day and then update the account manually.
- In case any transaction is missing then it is recommended to wait for 24 hours so that your bank can make it available for you.
- You will be able to view the transactions on your bank website but might not download them until your bank posts them.
2: Log in to the Bank Website using the URL provided by the Bank
QuickBooks provides an URL that lets you redirect to the bank website. If you are unable to access the bank website or are facing QuickBooks error 324 or 106, we suggest you log in through the URL provided by your bank. This way you can determine if you can log in to the bank account using this provided URL or not.
- To do so, launch QuickBooks and move to the “Banking” menu located on the left.
- Then, click on the “Add Account” button located on the top right.
- After this, locate the name of your bank or financial institution.
- Now, select the bank from the list.
- Here, you can select the “URL given by the bank” from the top. This will open a new window.
- At this point, you can check if all the functions are working properly or not.
- To verify the bank website, you can check your account details, account history, and account summary. If you can view all the details properly without conflicting the error, it indicates that the bank URL is working fine.
QuickBooks supports the bank connection if you are using the link provided by your bank account. You can continue using this URL to use the bank website.
3: Disconnect the Bank Account
By disconnecting the bank account, you can resolve the bank error. By doing so, you can remove the link and download the transaction that takes place in your account. To avoid such bank errors, you can pursue the following steps:
- Search for the “Transactions” option.
- Then, go to the “Banking” tab.
- Now, look for the “Bank Account” section.
- Here, click on the “Edit” option.
- After this, you can click on the “Account” section.
- Press the “Disconnect” option to remove this account.
- Save the applied changes.
- Now, you can confirm your action to delete the link and delete the downloading operations occurring currently.
Once done performing these steps, you can run the program again. This time you will not encounter error 324 or 106 in QuickBooks.
4: Enable the LAN Settings
Bank errors can be caused due to wrong internet settings. Hence, you should check your LAN settings. If it is not enabled, you can enable it. Follow these steps to fix the internet settings:
- First of all, reboot the computer and your WiFi router.
- Then, you can check if there are any fault switches or wire connections.
- Open any website via Internet Explorer on a Windows computer.
- Make sure you check the LAN settings. This can be done via “Control Panel”.
After ensuring the internet connectivity, you can log in to the QuickBooks and check if there is any issue related to the error code 324 in QuickBooks.
5: Set Up the Bank Connection with Wells Fargo
When you set up the connection to the Wells Fargo internet banking (business or personal account), you may confront QuickBooks Online error 324 or 106. To successfully connect the account, you can set it as default. For better information, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the “Wells Fargo internet banking”.
- From the “Account Summary”, select the business account using the drop-down menu.
- Press the “Go” button.
- Click on the “Set as Default View” option.
- After this, log in to the “QuickBooks Online” and set up your connection with the “Well Fargo online banking”.
This should be noted that you will not be able to see both business and personal simultaneously as a default view. Thus, you will be required to switch between these two on the website. Also, make sure that you upgrade the personal and business account for the non-default account in QuickBooks.
It is common to confront QuickBooks error 324 or 106 while logging in to the bank website. Misconfigured internet settings can cause such interruptions. Your banking institution can also put the website under maintenance due to which you fail to log in to the account. Hence, we suggest you wait for at least 24 hours and try downloading transactions the next day. If you are still unable to reconnect the account then implement the methods we have provided above.
If you have stumbled upon other bank error codes, you can check the following guides with resolving methods.