While using QuickBooks Online banking, it is common to confront server issues. QuickBooks 101 error is one of the common errors that users face when the bank account is unable to access the server. Windows components such as .NET Framework can also affect your QuickBooks program which as a result restricts you from connecting with the bank.
To resolve such errors, you are required to find the cause and troubleshoot the error immediately. To learn about QuickBooks Online error code 101 in detail, read this guide carefully.
- What is QuickBooks 101 Error?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Online Banking 101 Error?
- Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connectivity
- Fix 2: Make Sure Internet Explorer is Set as Default Browser
- Fix 3: Update Bank Accounts in QuickBooks
- Fix 4: Connect the Bank Account
- Fix 5: Enable TLS 1.2 in Internet Options
- Fix 6: Add Intuit as a Trusted Website
- Fix 7: Reset the Pop Settings of Internet Explorer
- Fix 8: Enable the ActiveX Controls
- Fix 9: Update Windows Components
- Fix 10: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Fix 11: Perform QuickBooks Database Server Manager
What is QuickBooks 101 Error?
This banking error with 101 error code also known as scripting errors that occur when your Windows system fails to execute the command that is required to perform web-based applications.
Windows components such as Java, Flash, and .NET Framework should work effectively so that QuickBooks can perform properly. If you are having issues in any of these Windows applications, it is likely to encounter QuickBooks Online error code 101. Such issues may also have a direct impact on QuickBooks Online.
In addition, users may not be able to connect their bank account and import bank transactions to QuickBooks Online. Thus, resolving the error is important to avoid any kind of problem with your QuickBooks Online banking account.
Leading Causes of QuickBooks Online Error Code 101
When you receive errors in QuickBooks, there must be some strong reasons that affect your programs. Here, we are jotting down some of the probable factors that may cause online banking errors.
- Incompatible programs are running on your computer at the same time.
- The settings of Internet Explorer are misconfigured.
- ActiveX, Java, and .Net Framework are not updated.
- Your bank account is not active.
- Third-party programs such as antivirus services are blocking QuickBooks due to which QuickBooks cannot communicate with the server.
There can be other problems with the bank server that leads to QuickBooks Online banking 101 error.
Symptoms of Online Banking 101 in QuickBooks
On receiving online banking errors, your system may respond sluggishly. To spot the error, your QuickBooks program and Windows system may show the following symptoms:
- You may find dialog boxes repeatedly on your screen.
- While using QuickBooks, you may not see the company files.
- It may get difficult to connect QuickBooks with your banking errors.
- The internet connection will run slow.
Such symptoms are a direct indication that your accounting software is infected with some error. If you constantly see bookkeeping 101 in QuickBooks, it is time to solve the error before it has a direct impact on your QuickBooks data.
How to Fix QuickBooks Online Banking 101 Error?
To fix online banking errors, the first thing you can do is to configure your internet setting and make the necessary changes. It includes several methods such as internet connection configuration, set Internet Explorer as a default browser, update bank accounts, connect the right bank account, enable USE TLS 1.2, and add Intuit as trusted websites in internet settings.
Apart from this, you can reset the internet settings, enable ActiveX plugins, update Windows components including Java, Adobe Flash Player, and .NET Framework.
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connectivity
Banking errors often appear due to poor internet connection. Thus, you should always check your internet connection before implementing any hard technical methods. When using QuickBooks, if you spot error code 101 then you should verify and reconfigure the internet connection.
Verify the Internet Settings on Windows Computer
- Launch “Internet Explorer”.
- Browse any website so that you can check your internet connection.
- If you can easily open websites, it indicates your internet is working perfectly fine.
- Then, you can download the new version of “Internet Explorer” to avoid errors in the future.
However, if you find problems connecting with the internet or fail to access any website then you should configure your QuickBooks internet connection.
Reconfigure Your QuickBooks Internet Connection
- In QuickBooks, switch to the “Help” menu.
- After this, you can switch to the “Internet Connection Setup” option.
- Click on the “Use my Computer’s Internet Connect Setting” button.
- Now, press the “Next” button
After allowing your computer to use internet settings, you need to reset your QuickBooks updates. Once done, make sure you go to the banking website to verify if you still see QuickBooks error 101.
Fix 2: Make Sure Internet Explorer is Set as Default Browser
QuickBooks uses the settings of the Internet Explorer browser by default. If you have not set Internet Explorer as your default web browser then it is likely to throw errors on your screen. Thus, you should set Internet Explorer as the default internet browser. To do this, you can do the following:
- First of all, open the “Run” box. This can be launched by using the “Windows + R” keys on the keyboard.
- Once the “Run” dialog box is opened, type “INETCPL.CPL” in the text bar.
- Now, click on the “Ok” button.
- At this point, you should switch to the “Programs” tab.
- Then, select the “Make Internet Explorer the default browser” option.
- After that, you will see default apps in the “Web browser” section. Here, if you find the “Internet Explorer” not set as a default app then add it.
After you set Internet Explorer as the default web browser, open a QuickBooks account and check if you can use your bank account without seeing any QuickBooks error 101.
Fix 3: Update Bank Accounts in QuickBooks
If your bank accounts are not updated, you should update them to avoid conflicts. This can be done from the Banking section in QuickBooks Online.
- In “QuickBooks Online”, click on the “Banking” tab located on the left menu.
- Then, select the unwanted bank account to deselect.
- Go to the “Update” button located on the top right.
- At this point, add your “Multi-Factor Authentication” (MFA) details, if prompted. Make sure you instantly add the MFA credential before it disappears.
- Now, hit the “Continue Update” button.
You will get a notification once the bank accounts are updated successfully. Thereafter, you are supposed to check that your last update transaction and date must have been modified too.
Fix 4: Connect the Bank Account
It is important to make sure that you are connected to the right bank. Hence, in this method, we will show you to verify the bank name and get connected to your bank website.
- In “QuickBooks Online”, click on the “Banking” tab. This should be located on the left menu.
- Now, click on the “Add Account” option from the top right.
- Here, you are required to verify the name of your banking institution.
- Click on the respective bank name using the drop-down menu.
- After that, click the link to the connected bank’s website.
Once you connect your bank with its website, you can check using QuickBooks Online banking. If you still spot QuickBooks Online 101 error then you should move to the next solution.
Fix 5: Enable TLS 1.2 in Internet Options
By fixing the internet settings, you can easily repair server errors. In this method, we suggest you enable the TLS 1.1 option. This can be done from Internet Options. In addition, modify the encrypted page settings.
You can jump to the following steps:
- Before getting started, make sure all the windows are closed on your Windows computer.
- Now, run “Internet Explorer” on your PC.
- Go to the “Tools” option from the top right menu options.
- Then, select the “Internet Options” option.
- After this, you can switch to the “Advanced” tab.
- Make sure you open the “Advanced Settings”.
- At this point, you are required to select the “Use TLS 1.2” box.
- Once done, search for the “Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk” option and make sure it is unchecked.
- Then, click on the “Apply” and “OK” buttons respectively.
After you set the Use TLS settings, restart your Windows computer. You can now use the QuickBooks banking account through the server.
Fix 6: Add Intuit as a Trusted Website
Banking websites will not be accessed if you have not added Intuit as a trusted website. If you are receiving a QuickBooks 101 error then you open the Internet Option and click on the Trusted Sites option from the Security tab. After that, add Intuit and QuickBooks as the trusted website so that your system does not block these platforms.
You can go through these steps to find the detailed steps:
- Launch “Internet Explorer”.
- Click on the “Gear” icon located at the top right.
- Then, select the “Internet Options”.
- Now, click on the “Trusted Sites” option from the “Security” tab.
- Hit the “Sites” button and add the “Intuit” website (for example: https://intuit.com). After that, press the “Add” button. Similarly, you can add “https://QuickBooks.com.
- Go to the “Close” button.
- From the “Custom Level” option, scroll down and find “Miscellaneous”.
- Now, turn on the “Allow Cross-Domain Requests” option.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Once done applying these settings, click the “Apply” button.
- Click the “OK” option.
After following these instructions, you can relaunch Internet Explorer and try accessing QuickBooks Online.
Fix 7: Reset the Pop Settings of Internet Explorer
- Open the “Internet Explorer” web browser.
- Go to the “Settings” icon located at the top right.
- Then, click on the “Internet Options”.
- Now, select the “Advanced” option from the “Privacy” tab.
- At this stage, you are supposed to place a checkmark for the “Override Automatic Cookie Handling” option.
- In the browser’s settings, ensure that “First Party Cookies” and “This Party Cookies” options are accepted.
- After that, you can place the checkmark for the “Always Allow Session Cookies” option.
- Press the “OK” button to save changes.
Once you save your changes, close the window and relaunch the web browser. If you are still finding bookkeeping 101 in QuickBooks then you should ensure that ActiveX controls and plugins are enabled.
Fix 8: Enable the ActiveX Controls
Users should enable every service associated with the Active Controls to access banking websites using Internet Explorer. To find out what all components are supposed to be enabled, go through the following steps:
- Open the “Internet Explorer” browser.
- Navigate through the “Settings” located at the top right.
- From the “Security” tab, click on the “Internet Options”.
- Press the “Custom Level” option.
- Now, go to the “Internet Zone” screen and find the “ActiveX Controls and Plugins”.
- After this, you can enable “Binary and Script Behaviors, Download Signed ActiveX controls, Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins, and Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting” options.
- Hit the “OK” button.
Thereafter, you can close the Internet Explorer and connect with your bank website. This should be opened without receiving any error.
Fix 9: Update Windows Components
Windows components such as ActiveX, Java, and .Net Framework are required to perform certain programs. If these components are outdated, users are supposed to update them immediately. Java can be downloaded from Java Download Center. Make sure you install the latest release of Flash Player. Talking about Microsoft .NET Framework, make sure you download the framework 4.5.
Fix 10: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
By running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, you can resolve online banking 101 in QuickBooks. This tool will also help you to fix issues related to your company files.
Tip: You can download QuickBooks Tool Hub. With this tool, you can run multiple tools to repair internet issues, network problems, company files, and more. QuickBooks File Doctor tool can also be used from QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- To get started, download and launch “QuickBooks Tool Hub” on your computer.
- Then, switch to the “Company File Issues section. This should be located on the left.
- Now, you can hit the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” button.
- After that, you can press the “Browse” button.
- Select your company file that needs to be repaired.
- At this point, you are required to check the “Check your file” option.
- Then, press the “Continue” button.
- Once done, you can log in to your company file. Make sure you log in with admin rights.
- Now, the “Continue” button has to be selected.
If these steps don’t work, you can switch to the Network tab and follow the instructions given on your screen. This is how you can fix QuickBooks Online banking 101.
Fix 11: Perform QuickBooks Database Server Manager
By running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service, users can easily scan QuickBooks company files. In addition, this tool will also help you to repair the Windows firewall permissions automatically.
To use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service, you can launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub. All you are supposed to do is open the Network Issues tab and press the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
- Run the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” by hitting its app icon.
- Then, move to the “Network Issues” tab. This should be available on the left.
- Here, you can select the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” option.
- Thereafter, you will receive the prompt to install the QB program on a server (in case it is not installed).
- Now, hit the “Start scan” button. Alternatively, you can press the “Browse” button to open the file. Then, browse the file on your PC and click the “Start scan” button.
- As you follow these steps, “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” will start repairing Windows firewall permissions.
Once done scanning the QuickBooks company files and repairing Windows firewall permission, click the close button. After that, you can verify if the script error has been resolved. For that, you can open QuickBooks Online and access the bank website on a server.
In a Nutshell
Accessing the bank website and facing server issues are very common problems. By adjusting the internet settings, you can get rid of QuickBooks 101 errors. For your better understanding, we have provided different types of methods that you can implement. These methods will surely help you to repair the online banking error.
Follow this guide to fix the other errors in QuickBooks: