At the end of the year, it is important to make sure that your employees and you are having copies of the W-3 form. If you are filing the SSA/IRS manually, you may also have to print the W-2 or W-3 form or send the copies to the employees. In addition, by inviting the employees to access QuickBooks Workforce, your employees can view or print the W-2 copies for the previous or current year. To get more information, learn with us how to print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
How to Print W3 in QuickBooks Online Payroll?
The procedure of printing W-3 forms totally depends on if you are filing the form yourself or you are using the automation feature to pay and file the state and federal payroll taxes. In the following discussion, we will talk about both scenarios while providing the helpful steps to get your W-3 form printed. Continue reading how to print W3 in QuickBooks Online:
Scenario 1: Automate Taxes and Forms Enabled
If you let QuickBooks pay and file the state and federal payroll taxes then you must have turned on automated taxes and forms features. Although they will send W-2 forms to the employees from 20th to 31st January, you can still reprint them. The W-2 form can be printed for the previous or current year as well. Find out how to print W2 and W3 in QuickBooks Online Payroll:
- Go to the “Taxes” column.
- Then, select the “Payroll Tax” option.
- Click on the “Filings” option.
- After this, choose the “Annual Forms” option.
- At this stage, you need to choose to print employee and employer copies of the W-2 and W-3 forms.
Note: Users can receive a prompt if your employees or you have contributed to the retirement plan other than QuickBooks Online. You can press Yes or No according to your answer.
- Now, repeat the first 3 steps to get your W-3 form.
- Here, you can click on the drop-down option to select the filing period.
- Once done, click the “View” button. This will open an “Adobe Reader” in a separate window.
- Click the “Print” button here.
- Now, click the “Print” button again.
With these steps, you can easily print the W-3 forms. If your employee has lost the form or did not receive the form then you need to type REISSUED STATEMENT when reprinting the form. Also, make sure that you add a W-2 instruction copy.
Scenario 2: Automate Taxes and Forms Disabled
In case you pay as well as file the form yourself (manually or electronically), you must not be using automated taxes and forms functions. Remember you will have to print and email the W-3 form to the employees by the 31st of January.
Important Note: It is recommended to buy W-3 paper when printing the W-3 form. Then, adjust the print preferences so you can print the W-3 forms efficiently.
Once you are ready with all the printing requirements, you can continue following the instructions given above to print current year W-3 forms through QuickBooks Online. To print the previous year W-3 forms, you can pursue the following instructions in QuickBooks Online:
- Go to the “Taxes” menu.
- Select the “Payroll Tax” option.
- Click the “Filings” tab.
- Choose the “Archived Forms” option.
- Click the appropriate year using the “Select the Period” option.
- At this point, you need to choose “Employee Copies” or Employer Copies”.
- Then, click the “View” button.
- When the “Adobe Reader” screen appears, click the “Print” button.
- Hit the “Print” button again.
These instructions are quite helpful to print W-3 forms in QuickBooks Online for the current and previous year. Make sure you get yourself the W-3 form kit arranged to avoid any issues.
How to Print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted?
Printing the W-3 form depends on if you print and send the form yourself or you let Intuit do it for you. In further detail, you will see both scenarios. If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, the previous and current year W-3 form can easily be printed. Let’s dig more for how to print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted:
Scenario 1: If Intuit Prints For You
If you choose Intuit to print the W-3 form for you, the employees will get the W-2 via email from 20th to 31st January. Although you can still reprint the form on plain paper through 13 January, if needed. Have a look at the following steps:
- Click on the “Employees” menu.
- Click the “Payroll Center” option.
- Switch to the “File Forms” section.
- Here, choose the option to view or print W-3 forms.
- Then, add the payroll “PIN”.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Switch to the “W-3s” tab.
- Choose the year for which you want to print off the form.
- Also, select the employees.
- Now, click the “Open/Save Selected” option.
- You can also choose the valid reason for which you are printing the form.
- Then, click the “File” menu on Adobe Reader.
- Hit the “Print” button.
If your employee has lost the form or did not receive the form then you need to type REISSUED STATEMENT when reprinting the form. Also, don’t forget to add a W-2 instruction copy.
Scenario 2: If You Print Yourself
Those who print and send the forms themselves can mail the W-3 form to the employees through 31dt January. All you have to do is prepare the prerequisites. For instance, you need to buy the W-2 paper so you can correctly print the forms.
Once you are prepared with the print paper, you can continue printing the W-3 form for the previous or current year in QuickBooks Desktop. The aforementioned steps will help you to get your W-3 form printed.
How to Print W2 and W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard & Enhanced?
One has to print and send the W-3 form to the employees through the 31st of January. To print the W-2 or W-3 form in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard and Enhanced, you will have to buy the W-2 paper to avoid any problem when filing the form. The W-2 form kit along with envelopes can be ordered through QuickBooks.
After you arrange the form kit, you need to make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest version. The payroll tax table should also be updated.
Thereafter, you can start creating and printing the W-3 forms. Let’s learn how to print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced & Standard:
- Go to the “Employees” option.
- Then, choose the “Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s” option.
- After that, press the “Process Payroll Forms” option.
- Go to the “File Forms” section.
- Here, you can scroll down and choose the “Annual form W-3 (Wage & Tax Statement/Transmittal)”.
- Click the “Create Form” option.
- Now, select the employees for filing the form.
- Add the year.
- Click “OK”.
- Now, choose the employees for printing the form.
- Click the “Review” button. In the “Reviewed” section, you will also see the checkmark for “Reviewed W-2s”.
- Now, click the “Submit Form” option.
- Pursue the on-screen instructions to file and print the form.
In this way, you can create and print the W-3 form in QuickBooks Desktop. If your employee has lost the form or did not receive the form then you need to type REISSUED STATEMENT when reprinting the form. Also, don’t forget to add a W-2 instruction copy.
Printing the W-2 or W-3 form is one of the important keys at the end of the year. If you are using the automation feature to pay and file the state and federal payroll taxes then they will send the copies to you and your employees. On the other hand, if you file the tax manually then you just need to create and print the form yourself by purchasing the W-2 kit. We hope you have successfully learned how to print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
To get print for reconciliation report or previous reconciliation report in QuickBooks, the following guides may help you: