A runtime error is usually spotted while you open or close the QuickBooks Desktop. This kind of problem can be seen after you update the version of QuickBooks accounting software. Other applications installed on your PC can also be the reason that you are facing runtime error R6025 in QuickBooks. To get rid of such interruptions, you can implement some troubleshooting methods. For your help, we are going to list some of the possible causes along with the fixation methods. Depending on the severeness of the error, you can execute the troubleshooting methods. Let’s know more in further detail!
- Main Causes of R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call in QuickBooks
- Resolve Runtime Error R6025 in QuickBooks
Main Causes of R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call in QuickBooks
When you encounter a runtime error, it shows a message stating R6025 Pure Virtual Function call in QuickBooks. There can be numerous reasons behind such errors. Here, we are listing the possible factors that cause runtime error in QuickBooks:
- The name of the company, vendor, and customer is larger than the 32 alphabets.
- Microsoft Visual C++ components are either corrupted or missing on your system.
- Internet browsers may include script errors due to which it is unable to exchange data between platforms.
- Other programs are conflicting on your system that leads to runtime errors.
- The list of items may contain special characters such as &%$#.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not repaired.
There can be other problems that can be caused by your Windows computers such as outdated operating systems and incorrect settings. If you implement the right settings and perform the troubleshooting methods, the error can be fixed.
Resolve Runtime Error R6025 in QuickBooks
Some errors are very stubborn and hard to resolve. However, the R6025 Pure Virtual Function call in QuickBooks can be resolved easily if you correct the company files names. Besides that, you can add Intuit as a trusted source in your browser, repair company files using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, repair QuickBooks Desktop, and disable the script debugging service in Internet Explorer.
Starting your Windows computer in Selective Startup mode can also be very helpful to avoid QuickBooks errors. For your convenience, we are explaining each method with detailed steps. Let’s fix the runtime error in QuickBooks.
Fix 1: Limit Alphabets and Remove Special Characters
As per QuickBooks rules, you can create the file name using 30 characters maximum. If you exceed the limit of characters, unexpected issues are likely to appear especially when you close or open the company files. Besides that, using the special characters such as &^%$# in the list items can also create conflicts due to which you may find runtime errors.
Therefore, users should limit the alphabet and keep the file name within 30 characters without using any special characters. To edit the file name, you can go through the following steps:
- Launch “QuickBooks Company File” on your computer.
- Then, click right on the company file.
- After this, open your file in the text editor of your choice.
- Now, select the “Find” option.
- At this point, you need to search for the special characters.
- Once you spot any special characters, remove them from the file name.
- Now, go to the “File” menu.
- Click on the “Save” option.
After you follow these steps, you can refresh QuickBooks Desktop and Windows computer. Thereafter, you can launch QuickBooks software and check if you face any runtime errors.
Fix 2: Add Intuit as Trusted Website
If Intuit QuickBooks is not added as the trusted website, your internet browser may not recognize it. As a result, there may be unexpected issues while accessing the QuickBooks company files. To fix this problem, you can simply open the Internet Options and add the Intuit website in the Security tab. Check out these steps to understand better:
- Open the “Internet Explorer”.
- Then, switch to the “Tools” option from the main menu.
- Move to the “Internet Options” section.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Now, add “Intuit.com” as a trusted website.
Once you add the QuickBooks as a trusted source in your default internet browser, you can easily access QuickBooks company files. However, if you are still facing a runtime error in QuickBooks, you should try other methods.
Fix 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Damaged company files may not allow you to open the file. In such a scenario, one is advised to run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. By using the tool, you can repair the company files in QuickBooks. Continue following the steps to download and run the tool on your computer:
- Download “QuickBooks Tool Hub” on your computer.
- Once downloaded successfully, install it to perform.
- As you launch the tool, click on the “Company File Issues”.
- Choose the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” button. It may take a while for the tool to open.
Note: You can open the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from your Windows search bar if the tool does not open automatically.
- Once the tool is opened, you can choose the company file using the drop-down menu. If you are unable to see the file, click on the “Browse” button and start finding your file.
- Then, choose the “Chak your file” option and press the “Continue” button.
- Enter the admin password if prompted.
- Click the “Next” button.
The scanning process might take some time depending on the company file size. Usually, it takes 5 minutes to complete the scan. Once the process is finished, you can launch QuickBooks and open the company file.
Fix 4: Disable the Script Debugging in Internet Browser
Incorrect browser settings may cause R6025 Pure Virtual Function call in QuickBooks. If you reset the setting to your internet browser or disable the script debugging, you can easily get rid of runtime errors. Let’s have a look at the following steps to disable the script debugging in Internet Explorer.
- Launch the “Internet Explorer”.
- Then, go to the “Tools” option from the main menu.
- Click on the “Internet Options” section.
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Search for the “Disable Script Debugging” option.
- Click on the “Radio” icon.
- After this, remove the checkmark placed for “Display a Notification about Every Script Error”.
- Then, click the “Apply” option.
- Press the “OK” button.
Once you reset the internet browser settings, you can open QuickBooks Desktop and try accessing company files. If you find any error while closing or opening QuickBooks, we suggest you repair the program.
Fix 5: Repair QuickBooks Software
With the period of time, your accounting software can be buggy and thus QuickBooks needs repair. By repairing the QuickBooks Desktop, you can fix a number of errors. runtime error R6025 in QuickBooks can also be solved if you perform the following steps:
- Make sure no other QuickBooks window is opened on your computer.
- Now, restart your computer.
- After this, go to the Windows “Start” menu.
- Then, open the “Control Panel”.
- From the “Control Panel” window, click the “Program and Features” link.
- Once done, locate “QuickBooks”. Then, select the “Uninstall/Change” option.
- Press the “Continue” button.
- Then, click on the “Repair QuickBooks”.
- After this, you can let your software be repaired.
- Once done, click the “Finish” button.
After executing all these steps, you can restart your system. Now, you can easily open company files without confronting any runtime error R6025 in QuickBooks.
Fix 6: Start Windows in Selective Startup Mode
Selective Startup mode allows you to fix several issues bothering your accounting software. If you are facing a runtime error in QuickBooks, we suggest you run your computer in a selective startup mode. By doing so, QuickBooks will perform smoothly and let you open the company files.
- Click on the Windows “Start” menu.
- Then, select the “Run” option.
- Enter the “MSConfig” option.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Go to the “System Configuration Utility” option.
- Switch to the “General” tab.
- Press the “Selective Startup” window.
- Here, you need to remove the check for the “Load Startup Items” option.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Restart the computer.
Once you adjust this setting, you can restart the Windows system. In the selected startup mode, you will not find any issues.
To Wind Up
QuickBooks runtime error is one of the common errors that can be found due to incorrect settings or corrupted data. In fact, using alphabets more than 30 characters can cause runtime error R6025 in QuickBooks. Here, we have explained what all methods can be performed to fix runtime errors in QuickBooks. If needed, you can perform the clean boot on your system and download Windows updates.
To fix other types of QuickBooks errors, don’t forget to read the following guides. These guides cover some hopeful solutions for you.
- EXEAdapter Error QuickBooks Install
- How to Fix QuickBooks PDF Viewer Error?