QuickBooks Web Connector makes your work easy by transporting the data between online and desktop versions. However, it is possible to encounter errors while using QuickBooks Web Connector. This may happen due to several reasons such as corrupted files and misconfigurations. If you are bothered by the QuickBooks Web connector error, we will help you to fix this. Continue reading our guide to find more information related to the Web Connector and its error.
In this guide, we will draw your attention to the QuickBooks Web Connector log file error code. In addition, we will discuss its major causes and fixation methods to repair the error.
- What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error Codes?
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error?
Web Connector, developed by Microsoft, is an application that allows you to share the data between QuickBooks Online and Desktop without any hassle. This becomes easy for you to operate data hosted on the internet.
However, you may encounter technical issues and certain QuickBooks Web connector error codes. QBWC1085 Error Code is one of the most common errors you may encounter while using the QuickBooks Web Connector. Such error occurs when your log files (QWCLOG.TXT) corrupts. By repairing log files and Net framework, you can get rid of QuickBooks Web connector log file errors.
Why Do You Confront QuickBooks Web Connector Log File Error?
Receiving an error is common while operating some technical software. The QuickBooks error is no wonder. If you ever confront a QuickBooks Web connector error, you need to understand the reason behind it so that you can repair the error accordingly. Here, we will let you know about the best possible factors behind the QBWC1085 error code.
- When the Web Connector QBWCLOG.TXT file is damaged.
- QuickBooks Web Connector failed to write log files.
- Due to certain reasons, you are unable to access the QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- There are some issues with your log file.
- QuickBooks Web Connector will start without a log file.
There can be other reasons that affect the performance of QuickBooks Web Connector. Due to the presence of this error, your software may not function properly. In addition, your system starts freezing which leads to frustration. If your web connector is showing any specific error code, you can implement the troubleshooting steps accordingly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error Codes?
To repair the errors, one has to understand the main reason behind them. As you are already aware of the causes, you can fix the issue effortlessly. For instance, you can rename the QWCLOG.TXT file if it is corrupted. In addition, you can enable the QuickBooks Web Connector service on the startup menu. However, if you are still facing issues opening the web connector on the Windows startup menu then you can remove it.
If required, you can reinstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale, rename the POS folders, and restore your company files. Let’s have a loop at the following fixes and see the detailed step-by-step.
Fix 1: Change the Name of QWCLOG.TXT File
If the QWCLOG.TXT file is corrupted or damaged, you may confront problems while using the QB Web Connector. However, if you modify the name of this file, you can solve the issue. All you have to do is to add OLD at the end of the file name. Here are the complete steps for the same:
- Launch Windows “Taskbar”.
- Then, you can locate the “QuickBooks Web Connector” icon and click right on it.
- Hit the “Exit” button.
- Now, open the Windows “File Manager”.
- Here, you can navigate through the following path:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\ QBWebConnector\ log folder
- At this point, you can click right on the “QWCLOG.TXT file”.
- Select the “Rename” option.
- Thereafter, add “old” at the end of the file name. Your file name should become like the “QWCLOGOLD.TXT” file.
- Press the “Save” button.
- Once done, you can open the “QuickBooks Web Connector” program to verify the issue.
- Later, you can reboot your system.
As you save the QWCLOG.TXT file with a new name QWCLOGOLD.TXT, you will not receive any problems when using Web Connector. In case you are facing the same issue even after renaming the file, you can move on to the next method.
Fix 2: Remove QuickBooks Web Connector from Startup
Some users set QuickBooks Web Connector to open on the Windows startup menu. If that is the case, we suggest you remove it from the startup menu. All you have to do is make sure that you run a Windows computer as an administrator.
You can follow these steps to remove QuickBooks Web Connector from the Windows Startup menu:
- Log in to your Windows computer as an administrator.
- Then, follow this navigation: “C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup”.
- After that, you can delete the web connector file.
Once you are done following these steps, reboot your system and relaunch QuickBooks to check if you encounter any errors.
Fix 3: Configure QuickBooks Web Connector
Those who are constantly facing QuickBooks Web connector Net framework error can manually configure the problem. All you are required to do is open the Configuration window, open the Startup tab, and place the checkmark for the Web Connector. This can be done through the Run dialog box.
- Press the “Windows + R” keys together. This will open the “Run” window on your computer.
- Then, type “MSConfig” in the search bar.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Now, move to the “Startup” tab.
- At this point, you need to place a checkmark for “QuickBooks Web Connector”.
- Press the “Apply” button.
- Click the “OK” button.
As you follow these steps, restart your Windows computer. After this, you can check if you encounter any QuickBooks Web connector error.
Fix 4: Remove QuickBooks Point of Sale
Even after implementing these methods if you could not solve the error then you may perform an alternate method. By uninstalling the QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can fix the QuickBooks Web connector Net Framework error.
- On your Windows computer, search for the “Control Panel”.
- Then, you can select the “Program and Features” option.
- From the list of programs, you need to locate the “QuickBooks Point of Sale” program.
- Once found, select it and uninstall it.
If you receive any prompts, you can continue following them to finish the installation process. Thereafter, you can restart your Windows computer and try using the QB Web Connector.
To Wind Up!
It is natural to confront technical issues while using a third-party application or QB Web Connector. If you stumble upon an error related to the QWCLOG.TXT file then you can repair this file to solve the error. Along with this, you can perform other methods that we have already discussed on this blog.
The Windows system may also cause other issues to your QuickBooks program. If Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks, read this guide to set the right preference.