QuickBooks software is used widely to manage businesses and accounting records. However, despite its smart features, it brings stubborn errors at times. QuickBooks error 1402 is one of those. This error code typically occurs due to inappropriate or incomplete installation of QuickBooks. However, there can be other factors that cause such inconveniences. When you encounter this error on your screen, it also shows the message stating “couldn’t open key”. If you don’t understand the error, read this guide till the end. Here, we will talk about the major causes along with the troubleshooting methods to fix the error.
- Why Do You Confront QuickBooks Error 1402?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1402?
- Fix 1: Update Windows System
- Fix 2: QuickBooks Desktop Reinstallation
- Fix 3: Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
- Fix 4: Add QuickBooks Program to the Bitdefender Exclusion List
- Fix 5: Use Selective Startup Mode
- Prepare Your Data
- Start Your System in a Selective Startup Mode
- Enable the Microsoft Services
- Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- Start the PC in Normal Startup Mode
- Fix 6: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Why Do You Confront QuickBooks Error 1402?
QuickBooks error 1402 arises while you install or open the QuickBooks program or its company files. There can be other factors that cause such an error which are listed below:
- Required components to run QuickBooks are missing.
- Damaged windows files can also cause the issue.
- If the QuickBooks installation is corrupted, it may also bring such an error.
- Partial or inappropriate installation of the QuickBooks Desktop can cause QuickBooks error 1402.
- Outdated Windows could also be the reason.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1402?
If you perform the right method, the installation can be easily fixed. However, there are some precautions one should take before resolving the error. For instance, create the backup of company files regularly, clear junk files, keep your QuickBooks Desktop updated, and don’t interrupt the installation process in between.
To fix the QuickBooks error 1402, first, you have to make sure that the Windows computer is updated to the latest version. Thereafter, you can implement some helpful methods such as reinstalling Adobe Flash Player, adding QuickBooks to the Bitdefender exclusion list, starting the system in selective startup mode, and then switching back to the normal startup mode. If no method works effectively, you can also run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to repair errors.
Fix 1: Update Windows System
When you don’t update your Windows system on time, it might seem ok initially but create conflicts later while installing certain programs. Thus, you should always make sure that your Microsoft Windows has no pending updates. If there is, you should download and install them immediately.
- Go to the Windows “Start” menu from the bottom left.
- Then, search for the “Windows Update” using the search bar.
- As the “Windows Update” page opens, click on the “Check for updates” option.
This will show you if there is any update for your PC. If it finds any updates, you can immediately install them on your computer. Make sure you restart the computer to reflect changes.
Fix 2: QuickBooks Desktop Reinstallation
Besides a Windows computer, one should also update the QuickBooks software application. Outdated accounting systems may also cause QuickBooks error 1402 due to which you are unable to access QuickBooks properly. Let’s follow the instructions to reinstall the accounting software:
- Click the “Start” menu.
- Search for the “Control Panel” using the search bar.
- After this, go to the “Programs and Features” button.
- Here, you can select the “Add or Remove Programs” option.
- From the list of programs, you need to spot “QuickBooks”. Then, select it and click on the “Uninstall” option.
Once the program is removed from your computer, you can download and install QuickBooks Desktop from a trusted source. Make sure you download the compatible version of your software and install the program properly on your PC.
Fix 3: Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
If you have installed Adobe Flash Player on your system, you should uninstall it. Thereafter, you can reinstall it to see the changes. Carry out the following steps to understand better:
- Download and run the “Install Diagnostic Tool” on your computer.
- Then, select the “Start” menu.
- Here, you can type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- After that, select the “uninstall a program” option.
- From the list of programs, you need to select the “Adobe Flash Player ActiveX” program.
- Then, click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Pursue the instructions given on your screen and complete the uninstallation process.
After removing the Adobe Flash Player, you can download and install it again on your computer. You should perform this method when you encounter errors during the Adobe Flash Player installation.
Fix 4: Add QuickBooks Program to the Bitdefender Exclusion List
Those who are using Bitdefender can perform this method. Here, you will need to add your QuickBooks Desktop to the exclusion list of Bitdefender service. Pursue the following steps to do so:
- For 32-bit Windows Users: You have to put the following navigation to the exclusion list.
- C:\Program\Common files
- For 64-bit Windows Users: You have to put the following navigation to the exclusion list.
- C:\Program Files\ Intuit (C:\Program files (x86)\Intuit)
Based on the Windows version, you can put the aforementioned details on the exclusion list of the Bitdefender service.
Fix 5: Use Selective Startup Mode
Sometimes, third-party applications block the QuickBooks installation. Thus, using a Selective Startup mode is the best way to resolve QuickBooks error 1402. All you have to do is prepare your data and start your system in a selective startup mode. Later, you can hide all Microsoft services, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop, and start your computer in a Normal Startup mode.
Prepare Your Data
- First of all, take a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Then, note down the important information such as QuickBooks license and product information.
Start Your System in a Selective Startup Mode
- Press the “Windows + R” keys together to launch the “Run” command.
- Then, start typing “msconfig” in the text field and click the “OK” button.
- When the “System Configuration” window opens, move to the “General” tab and click on the “Selective Startup” option.
- Also, select the “Load system services” option.
- Moving on the “Services” tab, click on the “hide all Microsoft services” option located at the bottom left.
- Then, select the “Disable all” option.
- Click the “OK” button.
Enable the Microsoft Services
- From the “Services” tab, click on the “Hide all Microsoft services” option to enable it.
- Then, select the “OK” button.
- Now, click the “Restart” button.
Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- If you have already installed QuickBooks Desktop then you can remove it and install it again on your computer.
Start the PC in Normal Startup Mode
- Launch the “Run” dialog box by using the “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard.
- Then, start typing “msconfig” in the text field and click the “OK” button.
- In the “System Configuration” window, click on the “Normal Startup” option from the “General” tab.
- Press the “OK” button.
Once done performing these steps, you can restart your computer to apply the changes successfully.
Fix 6: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
When QuickBooks is affected by error messages, you can run a diagnostic tool. This will help you to repair the error effortlessly. QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can be used from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Let us take you through the following steps and repair QuickBooks error 1402:
- Download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” and save the file on your PC.
- Later, you can run the downloaded file and follow the instructions given on your screen.
- Now, open the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” and go to the “Installation Issues” tab on the left.
- After this, select the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” button.
As you run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, this will automatically start scanning your program and fix the error.
QuickBooks accounting system is prone to errors. If you receive QuickBooks error 1402, there can be several reasons behind this. Here, we have discussed its major causes while providing troubleshooting methods to repair the error. Make sure you perform these methods carefully. Also, do not forget to take a QuickBooks backup before implementing any technical solution.
Besides QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online may also create problems. If QuickBooks not working in Chrome, read this guide to find out the best solution.