To successfully install QuickBooks accounting software, it is important to register the program. In addition, one has to be sure that the version of QuickBooks software matches the requirements of your system. If the QuickBooks software version you are installing is not compatible with your system then it may restrict your software during the registration. As a result, QuickBooks crashes when registering the software. There can be other factors that cause such failed registration issues. To find out the cause, we prepared this guide for you. It also compiles a list of troubleshooting methods that will help you to fix the error. Let’s dive in.
In this guide, you will discover the main causes of QuickBooks registrations errors. After diagnosing the cause, we will help you to fix the error using the following methods.
Why QuickBooks 2011 Crashes When Registering?
During the process of registration, users often find the QuickBooks program crashing in between. There can be several reasons that may interrupt your registration. We have recorded the following reasons that may cause QuickBooks registration errors:
- If your screen has been inactive, registration may interrupt if the process expires due to security reasons.
- Damaged or corrupted components such as MSXML can also affect QuickBooks.
- Poor internet connection can also lead to registration errors in QuickBooks.
- While activating your QuickBooks program, if you enter the wrong license number or item code, you may have issues.
- If a QuickBooks item has been stopped by Intuit, you may have trouble registering it.
- Using the company file with a long name is not acceptable.
- Having the corrupted QBWUSER.INI file may affect the QuickBooks registration.
- Due to a corrupted hard drive, QuickBooks 2010 crashes when registering.
- If QuickBooks updates are pending, a registration error is likely to appear.
- A damaged Windows operating system can interrupt any program to be installed properly.
Because of these reasons QuickBooks crashes when trying to register the program. However, if you repair the QuickBooks program and execute the troubleshooting steps, the registration error can be resolved.
How to Fix “QuickBooks Crashes When Registering” Error?
When registering the QuickBooks program, if you confront any kind of issues, make sure your QuickBooks version is compatible with your Windows system. Your Windows operating system should also be upgraded to the latest version. Speaking of registration errors, you should configure the Windows firewall setting by creating inbound/outbound rules and TCP settings.
In addition, you can run Quick Fix My Program to repair the program. By fixing the Microsoft components such as MSXML files, you can resolve the issue. We also suggest you give administrative rights to different users to prevent QuickBooks registration errors.
Fix 1: Configure Firewall Settings
Windows Firewall often sets restrictions for certain programs. If the QuickBooks program is blocked by your system Firewall, it may create conflicts when registering the software. Thus, you should check the firewall settings and apply the necessary changes such as inbound/outbound rules and correct TCP.
- Use the “Windows + I” keys to open the Windows “Settings”.
- Then, click on the “Update & Security” section.
- After this, select the “Windows Security” tab which is located on the left pane.
- Then, click on the “Firewall and Network Security” section.
- From here, you can switch to the “Advanced Settings” option from the list.
- Select the “Inbound Rules” option in the next window.
- After this, select the “New” Rule” button.
- Once done, you can click on the “Port” option.
- Press the “Next” option.
- Now, moving ahead to the “TCP” option.
- Click on the “Specified Local Ports” option.
- At this point, you will see the port numbers. Based on your QuickBooks version, you can select the port.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- Then, select the “Allow the Connection” option.
- Press the “Next” button.
- At this point, be sure that all the 3 options are selected.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Add a name for creating a new rule.
- Once you select the“Next” button, press the “Finish” button.
The same steps can also be followed for creating the outbound rule in Windows Firewall. As soon as you create inbound or outbound rules and configure the TCP settings, you can check if you are facing the QuickBooks registration error.
Fix 2: Launch Quick Fix My Program from QuickBooks Tools Hub
If QuickBooks 2011 crashes when registering, running the Quick Fix my Program will be really helpful. To access this tool, you can use QuickBooks Tools Hub. By doing so, you can fix several errors affecting the QuickBooks registration. Before getting started, one has to be sure that the QuickBooks Tools Hub is already downloaded on your computer.
- Launch the “QuickBooks Tools Hub” on your computer.
- Move to the “Program Problems” option located on the left menu.
- Then, select the “Quick Fix my Program” button.
As you perform these steps, the tool will automatically shut down the QuickBooks-related processes running in the background. After a couple of minutes, the tool repairs the error. Thereafter, you can check if you can easily register for the QuickBooks program.
Fix 3: Run User Account with Admin Privileges
In some instances, QuickBooks 2010 crashes when registering due to insufficient authoritative rights. Therefore, it is important to give managerial rights to users. This may help you to register for QuickBooks successfully.
- First of all, you need to modify the settings of installation index security.
- Then, go to the file location- “C:\Program Files\Common Files”.
- Once reached, click right on the “Files” organizer.
- After this, switch to the “Properties” tab.
- Now, select the “Edit” button from the “Security” tab.
- Here, you need to choose the “Users” located under the “Usernames” section.
- From the “Consents for users” section, you can start selecting the accompanying authorizations such as Peruse & Execute, Change, Rundown Folder Contents, Compose, and Peruse.
- Once done, click on the “Apply” button.
- After clicking the “OK” button, you can finish the process.
When you give administrative rights to different users, there will be no restrictions. After that, you can attempt registering the QuickBooks program.
Fix 4: Repair Microsoft MSXML Manually
By repairing the MSXML 4.0, you can get rid of QuickBooks errors on your Windows computer. If QuickBooks 2011 crashes when registering the program, you can continue reading this method. If you are installing the QuickBooks software with the help of a CD then choose the installation type for this entire process.
- To get started, insert the “CD” into your Windows PC.
- After doing so, if you see the “QuickBooks” software on your computer screen, close the tab.
- Now, you can follow the on-screen instructions. Doing so, “MSXML” will start installing.
- Navigate to the “Windows Taskbar”.
- At this point, you need to locate the “msiexec.exe /forum “d:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi”. You can use the search bar.
- Once done, the “Enter” key has to be pressed.
- If the file has not been stored in Local Disk D then you can replace the drive name with some other name.
After you repair the MSXML, make sure that you restart the computer. This should be noted that the steps we have revealed above can only be used on Windows 10.
To Wind Up
QuickBooks crashes when registering the software and there can be numerous reasons behind this such as outdated accounting software, incompatible version of QuickBooks, corrupted files, and more. By determining the effect of the error, you can perform the troubleshooting methods. For your help, we have offered a number of fixation methods that will help you to move the QuickBooks registration errors.
If you have stumbled upon other types of errors in your QuickBooks account, check out these links to fix the errors.