QuickBooks accounting software provides tremendous features to ease your company’s work. It can be installed on Windows and Mac systems. In fact, QuickBooks offers some features exclusively for Mac. In addition, there are different ways to install QuickBooks. For instance, you can use USB Drive, CD Drive, or download QuickBooks directly from the internet to install on your device. If you want to use accounting software on your Mac system without using a CD Drive, this guide is for you. All you have to do is take care of prerequisites for installation. For more information, learn with us how to install QuickBooks on Mac without CD Drive.
- Important Points to Consider
- How to Install QuickBooks without CD Drive on Mac?
- Step 1: Basic System Requirements and Limitations for Installing QuickBooks on Mac
- Step 2: Note Down the Product and License Number of QuickBooks
- Step 3: How Do I Install QuickBooks without a CD Drive on Mac?
- Step 4: Upgrade and Convert the QuickBooks Company File
- Step 5: Set Up the Multi-User
Important Points to Consider
Before learning how to install QuickBooks without a CD Drive on Mac, it is important to prepare yourself with certain information regarding QuickBooks installation. The following are the information you need to look after before installing the QuickBooks program on your computer:
- Make sure your system is ready on which you want to run QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check the minimum requirement for a Mac system to download and install QuickBooks successfully.
- If you have purchased the QuickBooks software for a Windows system then you should return your product and get the appropriate one for the Mac computer.
- Besides that, you should get the product and license number prepared. The product details can be found on the software package you purchase or in email. If you have the CD of QuickBooks installer then you can scratch off the label on its packaging to see the license product number.
Once you prepare the aforementioned requirements ready, you can go ahead to install accounting software on your Mac PC or laptop. Find out how to install QuickBooks on Mac without CD Drive in further detail.
How to Install QuickBooks without CD Drive on Mac?
To install QuickBooks Desktop on Mac without using any CD Drive, you can download the program through the internet and then install the file on your Mac computer or laptop. However, you need to meet the system requirements first. Once you prepare your system and the product or license number, you can start downloading the QuickBooks from the internet.
After doing so, make sure that you convert or upgrade your company file. If you want to share your company files with your team, you can enable the multi-user mode in QuickBooks. Although you need to be aware of certain limitations for installing QuickBooks on Mac. To know the entire process, learn here how to install QuickBooks without CD Drive on Mac.
Step 1: Basic System Requirements and Limitations for Installing QuickBooks on Mac
As you proceed with the QuickBooks installation for Mac, you need to make sure that you meet the basic system requirements. Not meeting the system requirements can bring conflicts during the QuickBooks installation. However, there are certain limitations of using QuickBooks on Mac. To learn how to install QuickBooks on laptop without CD Drive, you can go through all requirements and limitations you need to be aware of.
- To successfully install QuickBooks, one should have macOS 10.14 supported version.
- Your system should have an Intel processor, Core 2 Duo. A higher Intel processor will be more beneficial.
- Besides that, you should have a multi-user server. For this Intel Core 2 Duo is required to run the server.
- RAM of at least 2 GB is a must. However, it is recommended to use 4 GB RAM.
- Make sure that your product is registered.
- Also, make sure your Mac system is using Intuit checks for printing checks.
- You also have to be sure that your printer is 100% Macintosh-compatible so that you can print checks, lists, invoices, deposit slips, mailing labels, purchase orders, etc.
- It should also have disk space of at least 250 MB.
- Internet connection should also be strong to download QuickBooks installation.
Limitations of using QuickBooks for Mac
- Maximum 3 User License: Mac users get a two-user license for using QuickBooks. Only one more license can be added later. Hence, you can use a maximum of 3 user licenses.
- No Access Company Data through Mobile: When you use QuickBooks on the Mac system, you are restricted to access the data using your mobile phone. This feature is only available in QuickBooks Online that allows you to access data via mobile phones.
- Limited Tech Support: Another limitation of using QuickBooks on Mac is that you get very limited support for technical help. Although Mac users can use the unlimited technical help for 30 days, after that, you will have to purchase the new plan for tech support.
Once you ensure the aforementioned system requirements and be aware of the limitation, you can continue proceeding with QuickBooks installation.
Step 2: Note Down the Product and License Number of QuickBooks
As you install QuickBooks, it is necessary to get your product number ready. This product number will be used when you activate the QuickBooks after the installation. If you are wondering where do you get this product number from, here are the different ways:
- Browse Emails: When you purchase QuickBooks software, you receive an email containing necessary information related to products. If you downloaded the digital copy, you should browse your emails and note download your QuickBooks license and product numbers. However, not every user receives an email on time. In such cases, you can connect with your tech support team and know your details.
- Scratch the Label on Packaging: If you receive a physical copy then you will see a label on its packaging. You can scratch off this label to reveal your product or license number of QuickBooks.
Now that you have prepared your system with the requirement and other necessary details, you can now download the QuickBooks Desktop on Mac. Know more about how to install QuickBooks on Mac without CD Drive in further detail.
Step 3: How Do I Install QuickBooks without a CD Drive on Mac?
If you don’t have the CD Drive or you no longer wish to use it, you can choose other options to install QuickBooks on Mac. For instance, you can download the QuickBooks application via the internet or use a USB drive to copy the installation files and paste them on another system to install QuickBooks on Mac. As a workaround, you can even use CD Drive of other networked computers so that you can continue installing the setup using that computer.
Here, we will use the online formula by downloading QuickBooks Desktop from the internet. Let’s learn how to install QuickBooks on Mac without CD Drive:
- First of all, download the QuickBooks program for your Mac PC.
Please Note: In case you find issues while downloading the installer then make sure you clean the cache and cookies of your browser or try using a different browser.
- After downloading the QuickBooks, make sure all the windows or applications are closed on your computer.
- Then, click twice on the downloaded installer. This will open an installation window of QuickBooks.
- You can now drag the software icon to the application folder. As you do so, the application folder automatically opens.
- Now, click twice on the “QuickBooks” software icon to run the application.
This is how you can download and install the QuickBooks Desktop on the Mac system. Since the software has been installed properly, you can prepare the company files.
Step 4: Upgrade and Convert the QuickBooks Company File
If you upgraded from the older version of QuickBooks for Mac then you should upgrade your company files and convert them into a newer version. To do so, the following steps can be followed:
- To get started, launch the QuickBooks company file in a newer version.
- When your QuickBooks app prompts you to convert or update the company file then you can choose the “Upgrade” button.
- Press the “OK” button when you see a pop-up on your screen.
After upgrading or converting your file, you can check the reports, account, and balance to ensure that you converted a correct company file.
Step 5: Set Up the Multi-User
As we stated earlier, you can use 3 user licenses on Mac. If you have more than 1 use license then you can set up your QuickBooks software in multi-user mode. This will let multiple users access the same company at the same time. This step is optional but if you want to set up the multi-user mode, the following steps can be used:
- Launch the “Multi-User” folder.
- Then, you can drag the “QuickBooks server” icon to the “Applications” folder.
- After this, you will have to click on the “Authenticate” option. This will help to change the “Applications” folder if prompted.
- Now, you can add the username and password for the admin and hit the “OK” button.
- Once done, you can open the “QuickBooks Desktop” and launch the company file.
- Here, you can click on the “File” menu.
- Now, select the “Enable multi-user mode” to share your QuickBooks company file.
As you enable the multi-user mode in QuickBooks, multiple users can work on the same file at the same time. This feature is useful when you and your team want to work on the same company file.
In a Nutshell
QuickBooks serves some features exclusively for Mac systems. There can also be scenarios when you want to move your QuickBooks account from Windows to Mac. If you are willing to do so, we have explained here how to install QuickBooks without a CD Drive for Mac. If required, you can use a USB drive to copy data from another system and paste it to the Mac system.
Do you have duplicate checks in your account? Or do you want to create a cash disbursement journal? Read the following guides to get the right knowledge: