Users confront QuickBooks install error 1712 when they install the QuickBooks program into the primary, main, server, or host computer. As you install the QuickBooks program, it shows up an error message stating that the files that are required to restore your PC cannot be found. Due to this, you cannot proceed with the restoration process.
If you are facing this error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop, this guide has come up with plenty of solutions. Also, remember the error 1712 in QuickBooks can occur in different versions of QuickBooks software for which you can use the same methods which we will discuss later.
- What are the Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Install Error 1712?
- Best Ways to Rectify QuickBooks Update Error 1712
- Fix 1: End Processes in Windows Task Manager
- Fix 2: Track Your Application in the Registry
- Fix 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Fix 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Fix 5: Use Quick Fix My Program
- Fix 6: Update Windows System
What are the Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Install Error 1712?
As the error message states, you encounter error 1712 when installing QuickBooks 2017, 2018, or 2019. There can be numerous reasons behind it. Some of the probable reasons are listed below:
- The data files are damaged in QuickBooks Desktop.
- You have made a few changes to the same system.
- Installing QuickBooks in a damaged or coded folder can also cause errors.
- Malicious programs such as spyware, virus attack, or adware.
- Registry errors or corrupted software programs can also cause QuickBooks install error 1712.
There can be a few more reasons that may be affecting your QuickBooks program due to which you keep seeing the error message on your screen.
Symptoms of Error 1712 When Installing QuickBooks 2019, 2018, or 2017
Due to unexpected errors in QuickBooks, your computer may behave in a peculiar manner. Here we are making you aware of what kind of symptoms you may notice on your computer.
- Output or input error.
- Blue screen displays.
- The QuickBooks program starts freezing.
- Your computer keeps shutting down.
- You may receive an HTTP error.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not installed properly.
- Your system will not work properly.
If you notice such types of issues, start taking action before your computer becomes a victim of major issues. Let’s know what we can do to resolve this error.
Best Ways to Rectify QuickBooks Update Error 1712
If you are viewing the error 1712 when installing QuickBooks 2018, 2017, or 2016 then you should first try with the basic methods. For instance, you can restart or reboot your Windows computer, end QuickBooks tasks in the Task Manager, or reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
If you are still facing QuickBooks 2019 error 1712 then you can continue following our guide and discover several troubleshooting methods. Here we will show you how to track the application in the Registry, use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, update Windows PC, or run Quick Fix My Program to repair the error.
Fix 1: End Processes in Windows Task Manager
There can be instances when a number of services running in the background due to which you are facing unwanted errors. To resolve this, you can simply open the Task Manager and end the running process.
- Use “Ctrl + Delete” keys on your keyboard.
- Then, click on the “Processes”.
- Here, you can hit the “End Process” button in the Task Manager.
As you end the process, make sure you reboot your system. Thereafter, you can access QuickBooks and check if you find any errors. If no then it indicates that the processes you ended were causing you the error. To prevent such errors in the future, you can delete those problematic programs.
Fix 2: Track Your Application in the Registry
To prevent QuickBooks error 1712, users are required to locate the regedit.exe file in the Registry Editor. Then, edit the original value using the local profile path.
You can check out the following steps to understand better:
- Open the “Registry Editor” on your computer.
- Locate the “regedit.exe” file.
- Then, use the following path: “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUSer Shell folders”.
- Now, click twice on the “Entry AppData”.
- After that, edit the original value using the local profile path.
Once you are done following these steps, you can relaunch QuickBooks Desktop. If you still encounter QuickBooks update error 1712, move to the next fix and to fix 15106 update error follow the given guide.
Fix 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a tool that can be used directly from QuickBooks Tool Hub. Using this tool, you can scan the company files and the QuickBooks program. Then, it will detect the errors and repair them automatically.
To use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, you can pursue the following steps:
- Make sure you end all the programs running in the background.
- Launch “QuickBooks Tool Hub” on your computer.
- Go to the “Installation Issues” located on the left.
- Then, click on the “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” button.
As you press the button, it starts scanning and detecting the error. The process will take up to 20 minutes. When it is completed, you can reboot your computer and access QuickBooks to verify if the error has been resolved.
Fix 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
If you are constantly facing problems when using the QuickBooks program then you can try reinstalling it. All you have to do is uninstall the QuickBooks program and download the compatible version for your computer.
This can be done through the Run dialog box. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Press the “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard to launch the “Run” dialog box.
- Then, type in “appwiz.cpl”.
- Click on the “Enter” key.
- Here, you need to search the “QuickBooks” program from the list.
- Then, double-click on the “QuickBooks”.
- Select the “Uninstall” button.
- Now, follow the instructions given in your instructions.
- After uninstalling the program, you can install it by visiting the “QuickBooks download page”.
- Here, you need to select your country and the QuickBooks version.
- Then hit the “Search” button.
- Go to the “Download” link.
- Save the download file on your PC.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
During the process of QuickBooks reinstallation, you may need the product registration details to activate the program. Once you enter the details correctly, restart your device and verify if there is an error while using QuickBooks.
Fix 5: Use Quick Fix My Program
Quick Fix My Program helps you to fix numerous QuickBooks errors effortlessly. You can find this component in the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you encounter error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop then you can use this tool.
All you have to do is download the QuickBooks Tool Hub, open the Program Problem, and click on the Quick Fix My Program button. Let’s show you how to use this tool.
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close all the programs running in the background.
- Then, download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” file on your system.
- Now, keep the “QuickBooks tool hub .exe file” saved on your computer.
- After that, open the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file from the location you have saved.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
After the tool is downloaded to your computer. Then, you can open it to perform. All you to double-click on the tool icon.
Repair System Files
- Go to the “Program Problems” located on the left.
- Then, click on the “Quick Fix my program”.
Once done performing these steps, the tool will start checking the system files. If it comes up with any issue, the tool will repair it automatically. The entire process may take a few minutes to fix your problem.
Fix 6: Update Windows System
An outdated version of Windows can create problems between other programs. If you see QuickBooks 2019 error 1712 on your screen then you should try the Windows operating system. Here, we will show you the procedure of updating Windows for different versions.
- Click on the “Windows” key.
- Type “Settings” in the search bar.
- Now, go to the “Settings”.
- Choose the “Update and Security” option.
- Then, click on the “Windows Update” option.
- Select the “Check for Updates” option.
- Hit the “Restart Now” button. When your computer restarts, it starts with the update installation.
- Move the cursor to the right of your desktop screen and click on the “Settings” option.
- Then, click on the “Change PC settings” option.
- Choose the “Update and Recovery” option.
- Hit the “Windows Update”.
- Select the “Check Now” button.
- If you find any updates, click on the “View Details” option.
- Now, click the “KB 2919355”. You will find it in the list of files.
- Click the “Install” button.
- Add “Administrator password” if required.
- Once the update is installed, restart your computer.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Then, choose the “Control Panel”.
- Click on the “System and Security”.
- Choose the “Windows Update”.
- Hit the “Check for Updates” button.
- If you find any updates, hit the “Update Now” button.
Once the new Windows updates are successfully installed on your computer, you can restart your PC and access QuickBooks Desktop.
To Wind Up
Receiving an error while installing or updating the QuickBooks Desktop is pretty common. This may happen due to the outdated version of the QuickBooks program or the corrupted files. To repair such errors, we have provided plenty of solutions. Here, you can repair the QuickBooks or company data file in order to rectify error 1712 when installing QuickBooks 2017, 2018, or 2019.
If QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped in between, perform these methods to repair it.