When opening the accounting software or company file, you may encounter error 80029c4a in QuickBooks. The error message may indicate two types of errors. Either the error message states that DLL can’t load a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) or Error loading type library. Such errors may hamper your screen due to the corrupted or damaged company file. There can be other reasons behind such a run time error. If you have stumbled upon the QuickBooks error message 80029c4a, we will help you to sort this out.
- What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Message 80029c4a?
There can be different reasons for viewing the errors in accounting software programs. Your Windows system can also cause such issues. Let’s find out why you see this error on your screen while opening the company file.
- QuickBooks files are missing or corrupted.
- The company file is either damaged or unable to find the file when users open the QuickBooks program.
- Antivirus programs may have marked QuickBooks as infected with Malicious or Trojans.
- Windows Registry is corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation is not properly followed.
- Necessary components do not start properly.
- DLL files might be corrupted or missing.
- QuickBooks error message 80029c4a can also be seen during the Windows shutdown or startup.
- Upgrading the Windows operating system may also cause QuickBooks errors.
QuickBooks code 80029c4a can appear on different versions of QuickBooks including 2015, 2016, and 2017 on Windows 7 or 10. However, following the right method, you can resolve the issue.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Code 80029c4a
When receiving error 80029c4a in QuickBooks, you may observe unusual activities on your Windows computer. These are as follows:
- Your Windows computer runs slowly.
- Programs start crashing in between.
- Your system may freeze for a couple of minutes.
- Windows system starts showing an error code 80029c4a.
- Mouse or keyboard input may not react.
- You may encounter errors while installing the program.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
To fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a on Windows 7 or Windows 10, you can execute the most effective methods. For instance, running the Reboot.bat file will be really effective to solve the QuickBooks errors. Besides that, you can update the QuickBooks program, run System File Checker, and repair the QuickBooks program.
In addition, you can update the Avast service if you use it on your computer and allow quarantined files on Firewall. For more details with step-by-step instructions, you can jump to the following solution.
Fix 1: Use Reboot.bat File
Reboot.bat file helps you to solve a number of errors in QuickBooks. If you are facing error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks 2017, 2016, or 2015, you can run the reboot.bat file. By running this file, you can easily re-register the QuickBooks-related files.
To run the reboot.bat file on a Windows computer, you can pursue the following steps:
- First of all, close the “QuickBooks Desktop” if opened.
- Here, you can locate the folder that contains the “reboot.bat file” on your Windows computer.
- After that, click right on your “QuickBooks” program icon.
- Now, click on the “Properties” option.
- Choose the “Open file location” button.
- Here, you can click right on “reboot.bat file”. Depending on the folder options settings, you may see different file names, e.g., reboot or bat.
- Press the “Run As System Administrator” option so that you can run the file with admin rights.
Note: Make sure that you don’t close the window when the reboot.bat file process is running. Doing so may discard your actions.
After performing these steps, you will see a black screen with rapidly scrolling names. As the process of the bat file ends, you can restart your Windows computer. This is how you can solve the Running the error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks 2015, 2016, or 2017. However, if you are still having issues, you can use another fix.
Fix 2: Upgrade Avast Program
If you are using the Avast Virus service to protect your PC, you should make sure that you are running the latest version. Here, we suggest you check the new updates of your Avast and Virus Definition.
Important: If you are using some other antivirus programs, make sure you update them first to avoid error 80029c4a in QuickBooks 2017 and other versions.
- To get started, perform the Avast Virus definition and update all the programs.
- Now, click right on the “Avast” icon.
- Then, choose the “Update” button.
- Switch to the “Program” tab.
- After that, you can continue following the prompts to update the Avast program.
- Once done, repeat the above steps and choose the “Engine & Virus” option.
As you follow these steps, your Avast program, and virus definition updates successfully. Thereafter, you can open QuickBooks company files and see if you find QuickBooks error 80029c4a on Windows 10.
Fix 3: Update QuickBooks using Clean Install Utility
By performing a clean install utility, you can fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a on Windows 7 or Windows 10. For this process, you will have to reinstall QuickBooks. Thereafter, you need to install new updates for QuickBooks Desktop.
Important Note: While uninstalling QuickBooks, you have to prepare a QuickBooks installation CD or downloaded file along with the license key.
To update QuickBooks Desktop, you can continue following these instructions:
- Go to the “File” menu in “QuickBooks Desktop” software.
- After that, click the “Exit” button.
Remember: In case multiple QuickBooks company files are opened then you are supposed to follow the same step for each firm.
- Then, click on the “File” option.
- Press the “Exit” button.
- Make sure that you use a Windows computer as an administrator.
- Along with this, “No company Open” should not be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the “Help” button.
- Select the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Go to the “Options” menu.
- Click on the “Mark all” icon.
- Press the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Update Now” option.
- Here, you can press the “Reset Update” button.
- Now, hit the “Get Updates” icon.
After you update the QuickBooks program, you can close the windows. If you see any prompts to install the update then you can press the Yes button to allow it. When the process of the update is finished, you can start rebooting your system. This way you can solve error code 80029c4a in QuickBooks 2016 and other versions.
Fix 4: Check Windows System Files
Corrupted Windows system files can cause trouble. Due to this, you fail to open the QuickBooks company files and encounter error 80029c4a in QuickBooks. Thus, you should check and repair the files stored on your system. Here, we will use the SFC command from Command Prompt in order to clean the system files.
You can follow these steps to open Command Prompt and run the SFC command:
- Press the “Windows” key on the keyboard.
- Enter “Command Prompt” using the search bar.
- When you see the “Command Prompt” in results, click right on it and press the “Run as administrator” option. This will open the “Command Prompt” utility as an administrator.
- At this point, you can type the “Sfc /scannow” command
- Then, press the “Enter” key.
The scanning process might take a few minutes. Once it finishes, you can reboot your Windows computer. Once the command starts scanning your system files, it helps to repair the QuickBooks Enterprise error code 80029c4a.
Fix 5: Repair QuickBooks on Windows
After repairing system files, you should repair the QuickBooks program on a Windows computer as well. To do so, you are supposed to go to the Control Panel, open the list of programs, click on the QuickBooks, and select the Uninstall/Change button to repair.
Before performing these steps, make sure that QuickBooks Desktop is not running on your computer.
- To start, press the “Windows” button on the keyboard.
- Open the “Control Panel” service.
- Move to the “Uninstall or change” tab.
- Select the “QuickBooks” program from the programs list.
- Press the “Uninstall/Change” button.
- Select the “Next” button.
- After this, you are supposed to press on the “Repair Radio” option.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Move to the “Repair” option located at the bottom.
- Once the process is completed, click the “Finish” button.
This is how you can follow these steps to repair the QuickBooks program on a Windows computer. After you implement these steps, you can restart your PC. Later, you can start the QuickBooks program and make sure it starts normally.
Fix 6: Check Antivirus Program Settings
The antivirus programs you are using on your computer may block the QuickBooks program. Due to this, you fail to load or open essential files. Thus, it is important to check the antivirus settings and verify the files that have been quarantined.
Quarantined files are basically blocked files. You can check out the following list of the quarantined program and find out if you locate any file in the list:
If you spot any of the files in the quarantine list, you are required to allow these files through the Windows firewall. After doing so, you can continue working with QuickBooks uninterruptedly.
QuickBooks errors are likely to appear if there is an issue with your Windows system or company files. This directly affects your company files due to which you fail to load the file. Through this guide, we have helped you to find the cause as well as fixation methods so that you can repair the error and open the company files normally.