QuickBooks lets you enter the credit card refunds and process them for your customers. However, there can be instances when you enter incorrect details regarding your customer payment. Issuing such credit card refunds can show up as pending deposits in the Uncleared Transactions in QuickBooks section on the Reconciliation Detail Report. Thus, it becomes necessary to delete credit card refund in QuickBooks.
In this era, Errorgenie provides several methods that will help you to remove credit card refunds from Quickbooks. Let’s learn with us how to delete a credit card refund in QuickBooks.
How to Delete a Credit Card Refund in QuickBooks?
To delete the credit card refund, you can opt for different ways. For instance, you can remove the credit card refund directly from your credit card account. Besides that, you can delete credit card refund in QuickBooks from the undeposited funds, customer menu, and if required you can remove them from the print checks too.
Here, we will take you through each method with a detailed description. Learn how to delete a credit card refund in QuickBooks.
Method 1: Delete Credit Card Refund from Credit Card Account
The first method to delete credit card refund in QuickBooks is to open the credit card account from the Chart of Accounts. After this, you can change the details for the selected credit card refund, and delete the credit card. Read the detailed steps:
- Select the “Lists” option from the top menu.
- Then, choose the “Chart of Accounts” menu.
- Here, you need to double-click on your credit card account.
- After that, choose the credit card refund.
- At this point, press the “Edit” option from the top menu.
- Click “Delete Credit Card Credit”.
- Press the “OK” option.
Instead of deleting, you can also void the credit card refund. All you have to do is choose the Void Credit Credit and press the OK button.
Method 2: Delete Credit Card Refund from the Undeposited Funds
This is another method to delete credit card refund in QuickBooks. Here, you will have to go through the Undeposited Funds to open the customer’s payment. Thereafter, you can delete it easily. Have a look at these steps:
- Click on the “Lists” menu from the top menu.
- Select the “Chart of Accounts” option.
- Choose the “Undeposited Funds” option.
- After that, click right on the “Customer’s payment”.
- Press the “Delete” option to delete the refund.
This is how you can remove the customer’s payment from the Undeposited Funds. Similarly, you can delete the other refunds from the list.
Method 3: Delete Credit Card Refund from the Customer Menu
If you are not willing to reflect your canceled invoice of the customer as the income then you can simply delete it from your records. All you need to do is find out the customer from the transactions list. Thereafter, open your invoice and remove it from the QuickBooks account.
- Navigate through the “Customer’s” menu.
- Then, click on the “Customer Center” option.
- Now, start selecting the name of the appropriate customer. It will show the transactions list.
- After this, find the invoice that you prefer to remove.
- Once you find the invoice, open it with a double click.
- Choose the “Delete” option.
- Press the “OK” option to confirm the action.
After performing the aforementioned steps, open the Customer Center menu again. Then, remove your credit memo that was created earlier. Doing so will not generate credits from your customers.
Also, the downloaded credit card refund can be excluded from the Bank Feeds Center page. If needed, you can use certain types of reports to find out where your business stands. By doing so, you can find out better details for the business and finances.
Method 4: Delete Credit Card Refund from the Print Queue
When you refund the credit card after matching it with the refund receipt, it might appear in the print checks later. In such instances, you can simply edit the details and remove the refund receipt from your print queue. Let us help you with detailed instructions:
- Click on the “Accounting” menu.
- Go to the “Chart of Accounts” section.
- At this point, you need to locate your account.
- Then, choose the “View Register” button from the “Action” option.
- Here, you can open the refund transaction.
- Hit the “Edit” button.
- Here, you need to remove the check for the “Print later” option.
- Select the “Save and close” button.
As you execute these steps, the refund receipt will not appear in the print queues. If you cannot find the Print Later button then you can perform the workaround. For instance, you can modify the payment method to cash or bank. After that, uncheck the Print Later option. After doing so, go to the credit card to verify if it is showing up on the print checks page.
If you want to delete credit card refund in QuickBooks, you can remove them easily. Instead of deleting the credit card refunds, you can void them too. If you void the refund, your transaction amount will turn to zero. Also, it does not appear in the transaction records. Here, we have already shared numerous methods to delete the credit card refund for clarification.
Do you want to delete journal entries or scheduled payroll in QuickBooks? Read these blogs to get your answer: