As the name suggests, QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool allows you to sync contacts between QuickBooks and Outlook apps. As you download and install this tool, you can allow Outlook contacts to sync with QuickBooks Desktop. All you have to do is set the company preferences after installing the tool. However, it is suggested to create a backup of QuickBooks company files and Outlook contacts. Also, make sure your QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest version. Now, let’s read ahead to know the process of the QuickBooks Outlook contacts syncing process.
- What is the QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool?
- How to Sync Outlook Contacts using QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool?
What is the QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool?
Most users connect Outlook with their QuickBooks accounts for email services. If you have connected to Outlook, you might need to sync your contacts. QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool is used to sync your Outlook contacts with QuickBooks Desktop. Even by using QuickBooks Integration Manager Tool, you can let the app access the QuickBooks data such as customer credit card details, social security numbers, and other personal data.
The process of QuickBooks sync with Outlook contacts is pretty easy. By syncing the contacts, you don’t need to enter the contact details manually. However, it is suggested that once you sync the contacts using the tool, you should match the Outlook contacts in QuickBooks. If you are willing to know more, read for further discussion.
How to Sync Outlook Contacts using QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool?
As stated earlier, QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool is used to sync your Outlook contacts with QuickBooks. This tool is beneficial as you don’t have to enter the contact information manually for each customer. To sync the Outlook contacts with QuickBooks desktop, you just have to download and install the tool and run it on your computer. Thereafter, you need to set some preferences for syncing the contacts and import QuickBooks contacts to Outlook. Let us show you in detail with step by step instructions:
1: Download QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool
- First of all, download the “QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool” by clicking on this link.
- Then, enter the appropriate email address in order to confirm your download of the tool. This will also help you in registering the tool.
- When the tool is successfully downloaded, go to the download folder to install and run the .exe file.
Please Note: Before you install and run the QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool, it is suggested to update your QuickBooks program to avoid any kind of conflicts during the process.
2: Start Installing the QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool
- Make sure your QuickBooks Desktop and company files are closed before running the tool on your computer.
- From the “Downloads” folder, double click on the “ContactSyncSetup.exe” setup file.
- Now, click the “Next” button to continue with the installation.
- Switch to the “License Agreement” screen and press the “Next” button.
- Select the location to start installing the tool and click the “Next” button.
- Then, click on the “Install” button to proceed with the installation.
- Once the process is finished, you have to be sure that it allows you to access user data and customers from QuickBooks.
3: Enable Contact Sync Feature to Access QB Data
- Launch “QuickBooks” and ensure that the QuickBooks is in the “Single-User Mode”.
- Then, go to the “Edit” menu.
- Choose the “Preferences” option.
- Click on the “Integrated Applications”.
- Switch to the “Company Preferences” tab.
- Click on the “Contact Sync” option.
- Select the “Properties” button.
- At this point, you need to enable the option that states “Allow this application….”.
- After this, you have to ensure that you allow the app to read and modify the company file by selecting its option.
- Select the “OK” button.
Important Note: It is recommended to create a backup of your company files. This will help you to avoid modifying the changes to the file that cannot be reversed. Creating a backup for Outlook contacts is also recommended so you don’t lose any contact if the process is failed.
4: Import QuickBooks Contacts to Outlook with Contact Sync Tool
- Launch “Outlook” and “QuickBooks Desktop” apps.
- Then, open the “QuickBooks Contact Sync Setup Assistant” from your QuickBooks app.
- After this, click on the “Get Started” option.
- Now, wait until the tool synchronizes the Outlook Contacts as well as QuickBooks Customer Details with QuickBooks.
- Click the “Finish” button.
This is how you can sync the Outlook contacts with QuickBooks Desktop. By using the QuickBooks Integration Manager Tool, you can access the QuickBooks data including customer credit card details, social security numbers, and other personal data.
Once you sync the contacts, make sure you match the Outlook contacts with customers, suppliers, jobs, and other names in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Winding Up
The process of entering the contacts manually can be a daunting task. Thus, QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook Tool is created so you can sync the contacts between the apps effortlessly. By downloading this tool, you just need to enable the contact sync feature. This will allow the app to access your Outlook contacts in QuickBooks and prevent the manual contact entry.
Do you want to know about other features of QuickBooks? If so, check out the following guides you may be interested in:
- How to Use QuickBooks Credit Card Protection Feature?
- How to Print Journal Entries in QuickBooks Desktop?