There can be instances when you want to search for the transactions immediately. However, the long list of transactions makes it difficult for you to get the appropriate one. This is where the search bar comes into play. You can use the Find icon to locate the desired transactions in QuickBooks Online. In addition, QuickBooks transactions can also be found by entering the details in the search bar such as transaction amount, customer or vendor name, description, and so on. This will show you the most suitable result. For more information, you can learn here how to search transactions in QuickBooks Online using a number of ways.
The guide explains how to search for transactions in QuickBooks Online by customer name, supplier name, transaction type, and more.
- How to Search for Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
How to Search for Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks transactions can be searched in different ways. For instance, you can search for the transactions with the help of the magnifying glass or manually by the transaction type, supplier name, or customer name. Here, we will show you how to search transactions in QuickBooks Online using a magnifying glass icon or manually.
Find Transactions using the Magnifying Glass
Find icon (magnifying glass) allows you to search for the transactions in QuickBooks Online. All you have to do is to apply the filters to get the accurate result of your desired transactions. Let’s know how to search transactions in QuickBooks Online using the magnifying glass icon.
- Click on the “Magnifying Glass” icon.
- Then, enter at least one detail related to the transaction. It could be the amount, transaction number, or date. Once you see the transactions in the result, you can select the one you were searching for. In case you are unable to find the transaction in the results, you can click on the “Advanced Search” option.
- Now, you can adjust the filters to locate the data you are looking for. You can use the following filters to search the transactions:
- Change the “Reference Number” to “Last Modified Date”.
- Then, modify “Today” to “Past 30 Days”.
- After this, click on the “Search” icon. This will show you a list of transactions based on the filters you have used.
- Now, narrow down the transaction list by modifying the “Last Modified Date” to “Amount”.
- Then, select the “Equals” using the down arrow.
- After this, type “100”.
- Click on the “Add Filter” option.
You can also customize the results by clicking on the “Gear” icon located above the results. After that, select the columns you wish to show. This way you can search for the transactions based on the filter you choose.
Manually Search for the Transactions in QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online enables its users to locate the transactions directly by entering the name of the supplier or customer. You can also choose the type of transaction for both Sales and Expenses(Delete Expense Transaction in QuickBooks) to view the relevant results of QuickBooks transactions. Let’s find out how to search transactions in QuickBooks Online manually.
Search for the Transactions by Supplier Name
- Click on the “Expenses” menu.
- Then, click the “Suppliers” option.
- Now, select the supplier name and view your transactions.
Locate the Transactions by Customer Name
- Navigate to the “Sales” menu.
- Then, click on the “Customers” option.
- After this, choose the customer to see the transactions.
Find the Transactions by Transaction Type (Expense)
- Click on the “Expenses” option.
- Then, click on the “Expenses” option.
- Now, choose the “Filter” drop-down menu.
- Once done, click on the “Type” drop-down menu and select the desired transaction type.
- After this, click the “Apply” button.
Search for the Transactions by Transaction Type (Sales)
- Navigate to the “Sales” menu.
- Then, click on the “All Sales” button.
- Here, use the “Filter” drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the “Type” drop-down menu.
- Select the desired transaction type.
- Once done, hit the “Apply” button.
You can also choose the column header to sort your transaction list by date, amount, and type for each of the transaction types. Now, you have learned the whole procedure of how to search for transactions in QuickBooks Online. If required, you can locate the transaction by Amount and Description.
To Wind Up
Business owners may require any transaction on board at any time. However, at the time of finding the transaction, we often find it difficult to search for the relevant transaction. Hence, we have suggested to you a number of ways that will help you to locate the desired transactions. You can use the magnifying glass icon, advanced search, filters, and enter details manually to view the transactions. Hope you have understood how to search transactions in QuickBooks Online.
To find QuickBooks company ID or reconciliation discrepancies, you can check out the following guides: