Salesforce and QuickBooks are cloud-based software programs. Both the programs are widely used by small and huge companies. By using Salesforce and QuickBooks integration, you can save time in migrating the data manually. It also gives information regarding your business and how it is being operated and where your business can be optimized.
With the best salesforce QuickBooks integration, you can share details among sales, accounting, sales orders, client data, invoicing, and costs. If you are planning to integrate Salesforce with QuickBooks, we want you to know the best information about two cloud-based software. So let’s dig in.
- What is Salesforce and QuickBooks.
- Important Considerations for Salesforce QuickBooks integration
- Types of QuickBooks Integrations
- Significant Features of Salesforce and QuickBooks Integration
- Why Should You Integrate Salesforce with QuickBooks?
- How to Integrate Salesforce with QuickBooks?
What is Salesforce and QuickBooks.
Before you proceed with Salesforce and QuickBooks Desktop integration, we would like to draw your attention to the instruction of these two. Have a glance at the following details:
- Introduction to QuickBooks: QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software developed by Intuit. It is widely used by small business owners to manage expenses and sales. QuickBooks also helps you to keep track of your business transactions in day-to-day life including paying bills and invoicing customers.
- Introduction to Salesforce: Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) software. This cloud-based software is the best solution for sales, marketing, service, building customized applications, and check analytics.
- Salesforce for QuickBooks-Intuit: If you proceed with Salesforce and QuickBooks integration, the Group will automatically sync your QuickBooks lists with the Salesforce accounts. This way you can view clients’ information such as sales history, open balance, credit limit, sales orders, existing estimates, and invoices in Salesforce without even thrusting QuickBooks.
Account and Client syncing can also be set up to follow directly from your Salesforce to QuickBooks, from QuickBooks to Salesforce, or in both directions. The newly created Intuit App Center can be accessed through QuickBooks Premier or Pro 2011 or later, QuickBooks Online, or QuickBooks Enterprise 11.0 or later.
Important Considerations for Salesforce QuickBooks integration
Before learning how to integrate QuickBooks with Salesforce, you need to keep a few things into considerations such as:
- Check the QuickBooks and Salesforce: When you integrate Salesforce with QuickBooks, you need to make sure that you check the version of your QuickBooks and Salesforce. It is because both the programs are available in desktop and cloud versions.
- Pre-built Integrations: Some businesses may not have adequate time, resources, and support for QuickBooks and Salesforce integration. Hence, it is best to select the pre-built integrations to meet the business demands.
- Verify the Salesforce Edition: Salesforce.com Enterprise Edition and Unlimited Edition provide reconciliation APIs. On the other hand, professional release operates but only if the product is certified by QuickBooks. Moreover, the professional release does not support integration techniques right out of the box.
- Measure ROI: You can check how much time it will take for the integration. On the basis of this, you can calculate the hourly wage of your employee. By comparing these two results, you can find out which process is taking less time.
Types of QuickBooks Integrations
There are different types of QuickBooks versions that users may use. Let’s check them out one by one.
- QuickBooks Premier: QuickBooks Premier is a great choice for growing your business. It lets your business change reports based on the business type, e.g., retail, non-profit, and contractor. Your business can also create bills, track the inventory, produce profitability reports, and calculate the cost in order to complete the on-going project.
- QuickBooks Pro: QuickBooks Pro can be a good option for startup businesses. This version lets you import contacts from your excel file or email account. In addition, up to three employees can use the version at the same time. You can even export the reports to Excel and download bank transactions. Instant reports save time for the new users.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions: This version can be an ideal option for the highly developed business that demands advanced inventory management, the ability to make complex reports, and an additional option for permission for employees within this QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions. Although it is a costly version of QuickBooks, its services and features cannot be found in other QuickBooks versions. The Enterprise version meets all your requirements for growing your business.
Significant Features of Salesforce and QuickBooks Integration
There are a lot of advantages one can experience by integrating Salesforce with QuickBooks. We are listing some of the key features below:
- It becomes easy to synchronize the updated lists of QuickBooks with Salesforce items.
- If a new client gets added in QuickBooks, you can see the record in Salesforce as well.
- The synchronization of Salesforce and QuickBooks can create payments, transaction billing, invoices, etc., automatically.
- It also facilitates email notifications and event logging.
- Salesforce and QuickBooks Desktop integration help to visualize every aspect of cash flow and your business. It provides a 360-degree real-time view of QuickBooks data and Salesforce from one place.
Why Should You Integrate Salesforce with QuickBooks?
Some organizations use Salesforce with QuickBooks as an integral part of a business. However, business owners have to make additional efforts in order to manage all the important tasks.
Users may encounter some of the challenges that we are discussing below:
- When you set up both accounts and sales teams separately, it may cost high for the infrastructure.
- The sales teams will have to be in contact with their account team for the customer’s cash management. This may lead to more stress and a hectic schedule.
- They spend more time managing QuickBooks customers and Salesforce data individually.
- In addition, users have to put extra effort into the invoice preparation of accounts that are created in Salesforce.
Such challenges make your work schedule more hectic than usual. Hence, users switch to integration tools for Salesforce and QuickBooks. This combines your QuickBooks account with Salesforce data which results in a more convenient work schedule.
How to Integrate Salesforce with QuickBooks?
To integrate Salesforce with QuickBooks, you need to use a third-party tool. There are tons of services to combine Salesforce and QuickBooks. You can avail the appropriate Salesforce connector app from the web. Make sure it is compatible with your QuickBooks version.
Sales Connector by QuickBooks is considered the best salesforce QuickBooks integration app.
If you are using this tool then carry out the following instructions:
- Firstly, you need to make a connection between QuickBooks and Salesforce. Make sure you sign in to your QuickBooks Online account with admin rights.
- Then, locate the “Salesforce Connector by QuickBooks” app.
- Click on the “Get App Now” button.
- Now, check how the opportunities will display in QuickBooks.
- Here, you can connect the Salesforce products and services with your QuickBooks account.
- Also, combine your Salesforce data to the fields on your QuickBooks sales form.
- See the opportunity at QuickBooks. Every time you flag the opportunity “Closed Won” in Salesforce, it automatically transfers the same opportunity to your QuickBooks account. Whenever you do so, you will find the sales draft form created already.
What Are the Advantages of Salesforce and QuickBooks Integration?
By integrating Salesforce with QuickBooks, you can easily connect your sales data with account data by performing tasks in sync. This becomes helpful to observe the sales pattern and track product analytics. You can even forecast your business decisions.
Here are some of the great advantages of integrating Salesforce with a QuickBooks account.
- Easy to manage time as the data flow is the two-way post-integration.
- Create transactions such as estimates, invoices, and sales receipts in just one system.
- Analyze sales histories for each customer or prospect.
- Real-time view for orders, invoices, sales history, and expenses.
- Powerful help in tracking customer’s requirements with the help of Salesforce.
- Single data entry in the system saves a lot of time and also prevents errors.
- Automated workflows can also be implemented by writing any code.
- Provide an in-depth analysis of your sales patterns within the Salesforce account.
- You can see customized reports with real-time insights.
- You can easily access the credit limits and open balances.
What All Data Can Be Synced?
With the Salesforce and QuickBooks Desktop integration, your business can sync the data of Salesforce with QuickBooks. Below are the following subfields that can be synced:
- Opportunities Closed
Below are the following fields you may sync from QuickBooks to Salesforce:
- Purchase Orders
What Happens When You Combine Salesforce and QuickBooks?
By connecting Salesforce with QuickBooks, you can take advantage of several activities. For instance, you can share sales, develop market strategies, share data, and organize customer data. Let’s know more in detail.
- Sharing Sales: Salesforce and QuickBooks integration provides the ability to analyze and access sales data when it is required by the sales representatives. Businesses find it easy to increase sales opportunities. The cloud computing solutions provided by Salesforce provide users with the ability to keep in touch with their customers in order to improve customer loyalty, increase profitability, and retention.
- Develop Marketing Strategies: By gathering and analyzing customer feedback and knowing their preferences, you can gain the advantage better for your customer. By knowing what your customer wants, your business can develop in an effective way. That is the best way to develop marketing strategies. It also includes customer loyalty programs, special sale promotions, and advertising campaigns that help your business to grow efficiently.
- Sharing Data: By integrating Salesforce with QuickBooks, users can have a practical way to connect customer details with their business financial aspects. This process enables businesses to share their data such as sales information. If you integrate these two applications, your business has the ability to access customer information and all kinds of finances. This makes it easy to track orders, create invoices, account receivable, and manage inventory.
- Organizing Customer Data: As is well known, Salesforce provides Customer Relation Management (CRM) applications. It is an essential business tool that provides businesses the advantage to strengthen and maintain customer relationships. In addition, CRM applications that focus on marketing, sales, and support, allow your business to organize the customer data and keep their histories in one place. This does not require you to add the data more than once.
Benefits of Using Salesforce CRM for the accounting Business
Using Salesforce CRM for accounting business provides numerous advantages such as right customers, improves your sales efficiency, increases the productivity of your employee, improves customer service, and makes customer relationships better.
- Meeting the Right Customers: When you expand the small-scale accounting business, this may take time for making most of the marketing tools. However, if you connect the marketing teams and sales in one place using Salesforce CRM ten you can easily make and target the most engaging conversations in order to turn leading prospects into customers.
- Improve Sales Efficiency: With the help of Salesforce CRM, you can give priority to leads and opportunities. However, it is based on the choice to convert and close (depending on the interaction of your customer with your company).
- Increase Productivity of Employees: When you plan to scale the small scale business then enthusiastic and productive employees can willingly run the show. Using Salesforce CRM, you can easily enhance your relationships with the customers via automation of sales and marketing.
- Improve Your Customer Service: Even if your business is growing well or a popular brand, you still have to plan the best for your customer service. This is what users admire. If your whole team is under the Salesforce CRM then you can have access to the information and history of your customer. This is great for customer interaction and building trust in the heart of your customers for your company.
- Help to Scale One to One Relationships: Running a small-scale business, your customers will surely like to interact with your company on a one-to-one basis. Therefore, the Salesforce CRM service comes in handy as it provides email templates and sets up task reminders. It also lets you connect with your customers via phone calls which is quite easy and fast.
Integration between Salesforce and QuickBooks for the small-scale accounting business can really help in scaling to another level.
Salesforce and QuickBooks integration helps to sync your contact data, automate sales pipelines, and manage deal flow in Salesforce. You can easily create invoices and process payments automatically in QuickBooks Online. So choose the best integration tool and grow your business effectively.
In this guide, we have explained the best possible information regarding Salesforce and QuickBooks. It includes types of QuickBooks integrations, key features of Salesforce and QuickBooks integration, advantages of using Salesforce, syncing data, benefits of using CRM for the accounting business, and more. To know more, drop your queries in the comment box.
If you are planning to go with QuickBooks and Stripe integration, read this guide and learn the important details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. Yes. Salesforce can be integrated with QuickBooks to make your tasks convenient and organized in one place. You can share sales, develop market strategies, share data, organize customer data, and much more.
Ans. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a type of process followed by companies so that they can execute best practices, technologies, and strategies to manage their interaction with the customers.
Ans. There are different types of QuickBooks versions that users may use for Salesforce and QuickBooks integration. For instance, you can use QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, and QuickBooks Pro. These QuickBooks versions provide different services and tools. You can choose your version depending on your requirements.
Ans. Salesforce is not the accounting application but the IT platform. However, it provides access to accounting software.
Ans. Yes. This is true. To combine Salesforce and QuickBooks, you are required to add a third-party tool to your program. You can avail the appropriate Salesforce connector app from the internet. Salesforce Connector by QuickBooks can be used to make things work.