Users may encounter QuickBooks error code 102 when their banking website is under maintenance. Server issues can also be the reason due to which it fails to establish a connection between QuickBooks Online and banking websites. To avoid such errors, you must detect the cause and resolve the online banking error. Hence, we bring you this guide where we will be explaining the easy ways to fix QuickBooks Online bank account error 102.
- Causes and Symptoms of Error 102 in QuickBooks Online
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 102?
Causes and Symptoms of Error 102 in QuickBooks Online
Before you fix error code 102 in QuickBooks Online, one should know the leading factors and how you can identify the error on your Windows computer.
- If the banking website has some technical faults or is under maintenance, QuickBooks error code 102 is likely to appear.
- Network connection problems with the operating system can also cause unwanted issues.
- Entering wrong login credentials for banking websites can trigger error 102.
- You may also find errors if the online bank account has not started yet.
Due to such reasons, error code 102 takes place on your computer screen. With the impact of this banking error, you cannot update or download bank transactions in QuickBooks or you will not be able to connect with the banking institution.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 102?
To fix QuickBooks error 102, you are required to perform several methods. First of all, you should update the bank connections manually. If you still find any issues with online banking then you can verify the bank website and review login details. Also, make sure that your bank account is not new as this will not work effectively.
Now, we will discuss these methods one after one to resolve QuickBooks Online bank account error 102.
Fix 1: Update the Bank Connection Manually
When you confront errors on an online banking website, your bank may not take immediate action. You will need to wait for 24 hours at least. In the meantime, you can try refreshing your bank connection. By doing so, you may resolve QuickBooks error 102.
Bank connections can be updated manually in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Self-Employed. Here are the steps for that:
Refresh Bank Connection in QuickBooks Online
- First of all, sign in to your “QuickBooks Online”.
- Then, go to the “Transactions” or “Banking” menu.
- Select the “Update” button.
Refresh Bank Connection in QuickBooks Self-Employed
- To get started, log in to your “QuickBooks Self-Employed” account.
- Once logged in, select the “Profile” icon.
- Go to the “Bank accounts”.
- Hit the “Refresh all” button.
QuickBooks updates the bank account automatically around 3 am. However, if you find errors even after refreshing the bank account manually, you need to wait for at least 2 hours and update the QuickBooks account again.
Note: In case you wish to verify the definite time of update then you can go to the Banking option and select the Update option. From the Last Update column, you can check the date/time of your last update.
Fix 2: Visit the Credit Card or Bank Website
In some instances, your credit card or bank’s website remains under maintenance due to which you encounter QuickBooks Online bank account error 102. After a few hours, the error can be resolved by itself. However, if it does not, you can visit the website of your bank or credit card to verify or check the notifications.
- Open the web browser and browse your bank website to log in to your account.
- If you are unable to log in, you can reach your bank directly.
- In addition, check every message, alert, and notification if there is any information related to the error.
Apart from this, you should verify the account history, transactions, and account pages. If you are unable to do so then this must be an error of your connection.
Fix 3: Delete the Unwanted Websites
Websites that you visit may often conflict with your online bank connection. This may prevent you from visiting your banking website. In such a scenario, you can remove the website that no longer requires.
- Open your “Internet Explorer” browser.
- Click on the “Favorites”.
- Select the “Filter” option by marking history.
- Now, right-click on the result and click the “Delete” button.
As you delete the websites from your list, you may access your bank website. If you are still finding QuickBooks error code 102 then make sure you are adding correct login credentials.
Fix 4: Check the Bank Login Details
Logging in to your bank account with the wrong login credentials can also cause QuickBooks Online error 102. Hence, you should verify if you are using the right login details so that you can successfully sign in to your account.
- On your banking website, you can search for the name of your banking institution (in case you have not linked the bank to your QuickBooks account).
- But, if you have already linked it then click the “Add Account” option. This should be located at the top right. After that, you can look for the banking institution’s name.
- Now, select the banking institution from the list.
- Enter the login credentials.
- Hit the “Continue” button.
- You can enter the additional steps for verification if required.
- After that, click on the “Connect securely” option.
- Now, choose the “Bank symbol” that you wish to connect. This can be found at the top left.
- At this point, you can click on the “Account Type” dropdown and choose your credit card or bank type account.
- After you link your bank account, QuickBooks will start downloading your online transactions for the past 90 days. Along with this, it will download credit card and banking transactions.
- Once done, select the “Connect” button. The process may take a couple of minutes.
As your download process completes, this will take you to the bank page. Here, you can review the tabs that contain the bank transactions which were downloaded from the banking institution.
Fix 5: Ensure Your Bank Account is Not New
If you have recently created a bank account or it has not started working yet, you may confront error 102 in QuickBooks Online. Hence, this is important to make sure that your bank account is not very new because new accounts don’t work effectively with QuickBooks Online banking. However, you can still get connected with your banking institution.
Online banking errors can be temporary if they occurred due to website maintenance. In the meantime, you can implement the best possible solution to solve the banking error. In this guide, we have provided a few simple ways through which you can rectify QuickBooks online banking errors. However, if the error does not get resolved after 24 to 48 hours then you should connect with your bank so that they can help you out.
What to do if you view QuickBooks error 12031 on your screen? Read here to know in detail.