QuickBooks Condense Data error can throw a different type of error codes such as QuickBooks error 80004005 or 80004003. This generally happens when your QuickBooks company file is corrupted or damaged. QuickBooks Condense Data error may also arise when a user tries to condense the company file to archive company data to make space or compress the company file size.
If you are frustrated by QuickBooks error code 80004005 and want to fix it immediately, we will help you with all the best solutions.
- What is QuickBooks Error Code 80004005/80004003 or Condense Data Error
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80004005?
- 1: Repair Company Files Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- 2: Restart Windows in Safe Mode
- 3: Verify and Rebuild Data
- 4: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Build
- 5: Correct the Negative Entries in Company Files
- 6: Change the Name of QBWIN.LOG File
- 7: Perform QuickBooks Clean Installation
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80004005/80004003 or Condense Data Error
QuickBooks company file size may grow after a while due to which it starts taking more space. This may affect the performance of your QuickBooks Desktop. To make some space, a user may attempt to reduce the company file size by using QuickBooks Condense Data Utility. This tool helps users to reduce the size of QuickBooks company files and improve the functionality of QuickBooks errors.
However, condensing data can bring errors to your computer if not followed by proper instructions. It comes up with QuickBooks error code 80004005 or 80004003. To resolve this error, one should be aware of in-depth knowledge of the Windows operating systems and QuickBooks Desktop.
Key Reasons of QuickBooks Error 80004005/80004003
Corrupted company files are the primary reason for viewing QuickBooks error code 80004005. However, there can be other reasons that you are causing issues to the QuickBooks Condense Data utility. We have mentioned them below:
- Your QuickBooks company file is saved on some other system in the network.
- The QuickBooks company files are corrupted or damaged.
- There is insufficient storage in your system.
- QuickBooks company files have negative inventory or quantity.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop or Condense Data feature is outdated.
- QuickBooks log files have been damaged.
When you find these problems with your QuickBooks Desktop or company files, the probability of the error is high. But, you can fix it if you follow the right methods.
Important Points to Remember: Before you proceed with solving an error that appears while condensing the company files, it is important to keep a few things into consideration.
- Make sure your QuickBooks software is updated to the latest version. Once updated, you can run the QuickBooks condense data utility to verify if there is an error.
- Your system should have 10 GB of free disk space before you compress the company files with the help of the QuickBooks condense data tool.
- If your company files are saved on another computer in the network then you should copy the QB company file to the local storage of your system. Later, you can condense the company files.
- Before implementing any troubleshooting method, make sure you create a backup of your QuickBooks company files. After condensing the data, you cannot reverse your actions so if you mess up with the process and lose any file, you can restore them using the backup.
Once you determine these steps, go ahead to solve the errors with the methods we are going to discuss in the following guide.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80004005?
QuickBooks company files may be corrupted due to which you are unable to access the files. To repair the files, you can use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. In addition, you can verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks. If nothing helps then you can try running Windows computer in Safe Mode, update QuickBooks software, fix the negative entries in QB company files, rename QBWIN.LOG file, or perform the clean installation of QuickBooks.
These methods are effective and help you to remove the QuickBooks Condense Data error. To make it convenient for you, we are providing a step-by-step guide.
1: Repair Company Files Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool helps you to scan your company files, detect errors, and correct them in minutes. If you are receiving QuickBooks error 80004005 or 80004003 or fail to access the QuickBooks company file because the files are corrupted or damaged the company files.
To repair the damaged company files, we recommend you download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This tool repairs the corrupted company files automatically.
Tip: If you have the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer you don’t need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool separately. You can use the QuickBooks Tool Hub as it offers multiple QuickBooks diagnostic tools.
Once you download the QuickBooks Tool Hub successfully on your computer, you can follow these steps to repair company files:
- Open the “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Click on the “Company File” Issues tab located on the left.
- Then, click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option.
- Now, hit the “Browse” button.
- Select your QuickBooks company file that needs to be repaired.
- Ensure that the “Check your file” button is selected.
- Select the “Continue” button.
- Now, sign in to your QB company file. But make sure that you sign in to the file with admin rights.
- Hit the “Continue” button.
This is how you can access the company files without any conflicts. By running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, you can also prevent other errors as well.
2: Restart Windows in Safe Mode
By entering in Safe Mode on a Windows computer, you can get rid of several issues that are harming your computer. It allows your system to work efficiently without confronting any QuickBooks error 80004005. To enable Safe Mode on Windows, you can follow these instructions:
- On Windows 10 PC login screen, press the “Shift” key.
- Then, in the “Shutdown” options, click on the “Restart” option.
- You will find “Advanced Boot Options” on the startup screen.
- Select the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Click on the “Advanced Options”. This will provide you some advanced options.
- Go to the “Startup Settings”.
- Click on the “Restart” option.
- When your Windows PC restarts, you will see the active boot options list. At this point, you can press the F4 key. This will enable the “Safe Mode”.
After you get into the Safe Mode, your computer will automatically start preventing the third-party application from performing. It also helps you to prevent QuickBooks software from unexpected errors. Then, you can open your QuickBooks company files uninterruptedly.
3: Verify and Rebuild Data
QuickBooks offers you to run verify utilities and rebuild them. This helps you to get rid of QuickBooks error code 80004005. To do this, you can go through the QuickBooks Desktop Utilities. All you have to open the File, go to Utilities, and verify/rebuild them.
Run Verify Utilities
- Open “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Go to the “File” option.
- Click on the “Utilities” button.
- Choose the “Verify Data” option.
- Click the “OK” button.
- If QuickBooks Desktop does not find any issue with your company data then click on the “OK” button. However, if QuickBooks detects any problem with your data then you should click on the “Rebuild” option.
Run Rebuild Utilities
- Go to the “File” option.
- Click on the “Utilities” option.
- Choose the “Rebuild Data” option.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Hit the “Save” button to take a backup.
- Once the process is finished, select the “View Results” button.
This is how you can verify and run a rebuild. By performing these steps, you can detect the error. If you find any problem with the data then you can rebuild the data or ask for assistance from some experts.
4: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Build
By upgrading your QuickBooks system to the current version, you can resolve several bugs affecting your company files. If you are bothered by QuickBooks error 80004005 or 80004003, you can try updating the software. To download the new QuickBooks update, you can follow these steps:
- Close the QuickBooks program if running.
- Press the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard until QuickBooks is opened on your device.
- Now, click on the “Help” button.
- Click on the “Update QuickBooks” option.
- Then, click on the “Update Now” button.
- Click on the “Get Updates” option.
- Select the “OK” button if prompted.
- Close “QuickBooks Desktop” and launch it again
- Click “Yes” if prompted to install new updates.
When done performing these steps, the update will start downloading and installing on your system. After the process is completed, you can try opening your company files.
5: Correct the Negative Entries in Company Files
QuickBooks company files may have negative inventory or quantity due to which you keep confronting QuickBooks error code 80004005 or 80004003. To prevent this error, you can fix such negative entries in your QuickBooks company files.
All you have to do is open the QB installation folder to open the QBWIN.LOG file, find negative values, and make the required changes to the file. Follow these steps to understand better.
- Go to the “QuickBooks installation folder”.
- Then, open the “QBWIN.LOG” file.
- Scroll down and check for the error and the type of error.
- As you search for the error, it shows the entries and transactions that have a negative value.
- Once you detect the error, write down the invoice number and look for the same in your company file.
- Now, make the changes to the negative value of the entry and transaction.
- Save the file.
When done correcting the negative values, you can try condensing the company file. If you are still finding errors when condensing files then you can jump on to the next method.
6: Change the Name of QBWIN.LOG File
Even after correcting the QBWIN.LOG file, if you are facing issues condensing the company file then you should try renaming this file. All you have to add OLD in the file extension and then condense the company file.
- Open the “QuickBooks folder” in Drive C.
- Then, click right on the “QBWIN.LOG” file.
- Select the “Rename” option.
- Add “.OLD” at the end of the file name.
After renaming the file, you can launch the QuickBooks program and try condensing your company files. This should be working well now.
7: Perform QuickBooks Clean Installation
The clean installation process requires you to uninstall and install QuickBooks again. This helps you to repair QuickBooks and company files. To get started with the QuickBooks clean installation, you can use the following steps:
Uninstall QuickBooks from Control Panel
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing the “Windows” + “R” keys.
- In the “Run” box, type “Control Panel”.
- Click the “Ok” button. Alternatively, you can hit “Enter”.
- When the “Control Panel” displays, go to the “Programs and Features” option.
- Select the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- All the programs that are installed on your system will be displayed in a list. You can find the “QuickBooks” program on this list.
- Click twice on “QuickBooks”.
- Select the “Change” button or click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Then, again press the “Uninstall” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to continue uninstalling the program.
- Make sure that the hidden folders and files can be seen.
Rename the Installation Folders
- Use “Windows” + “E” keys. This will open the “Windows File Manager”.
- In order to find the “QB Installation Folder”, you can use the following locations:
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Users(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Once the folder is found, right-click on it.
- Click on the “Rename” and add “OLD” at the end of the name.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Download the “QuickBooks Tools Hub” now.
- Save the downloaded file on your PC.
- From the “Downloads” folder, open the “QuickBooks Tools Hub”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- When the license agreement will pop up, click on “I Accept”.
- Go to the “Desktop”.
- Click the icon of “QuickBooks Tools Hub”.
- Select the “Installation Issues” component located on the left.
- Now, select the “Clean Install Tool”.
- Select the QuickBooks version and click “Continue”.
- You will find the message “Please Install Your Copy of QuickBooks to the Default Location”.
- Hit the “OK” button.
- The “Clean Install Tool” will delete QuickBooks completely.
When the Clean Install Tool is done with QuickBooks reinstallation, you should restart your computer. Thereafter, you can install the QuickBooks software on your system.
By performing troubleshooting methods, you can resolve QuickBooks error 80004005 or 80004003. Make sure you implement these methods only after taking a backup of QuickBooks data. Some methods cannot be reversed so if you lose any kind of data, it can be retrieved from the latest backup. We hope you find his guide useful to rectify the QuickBooks Condense Data error.
If you are facing QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 on your screen, read this guide to discover the most effective methods.