Intuit service has integrated numerous web-based features for the QuickBooks accounting system. It includes remote access capabilities, online banking, remote payroll assistance, and more. Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe file is a component of QuickBooks software by Intuit. This type of file is used to initiate and execute QuickBooks updates. Once the update is downloaded from Intuit QB server, the FCS file starts running in the background. However, in some cases, the FCS service interrupts unexpectedly. This may happen due to numerous reasons such as a damaged FCS exe file. If you are wondering what is Intuit QuickBooks FCS service, and how to fix the error when the FCS exe file is damaged, we will enlighten you.
- What is Intuit QuickBooks FCS Service?
- Why was the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Service Terminated Unexpectedly?
- How to Fix Damaged Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe File?
What is Intuit QuickBooks FCS Service?
Intuit QuickBooks QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) allows you to manage your file transfer process when updating the application. This exe file runs under the Intuit QuickBooks FCS name with system privileges such as full admin rights. In addition, it uses the .NET framework that is required to be downloaded on your computer.
However, it brings errors when you process the payroll updates. If the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service terminated unexpectedly, you need to understand the main cause behind it so the error can be treated accordingly.
Why was the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Service Terminated Unexpectedly?
When the Intuit FCS service is damaged, you encounter an unexpected error on your screen. The FCS file error can also display a 15243 error code. This may happen due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks Payroll is outdated.
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks File Copy Service can also cause issues.
- QuickBooks is running with an inactive payroll subscription.
- Malware or viruses can also infect the software.
- Inappropriate installation could also be the reason you are facing this issue.
These causes can affect the performance of your QuickBooks software. Due to this, your system may also start freezing or the PC can get crashed as well. Thus, solving the error immediately is the only way to solve the situation.
How to Fix Damaged Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe File?
When the QuickBooks FCS exe file stops working, first, you need to repair the FCS service. Besides that, you should check the payroll subscription, install the Windows update, configure Internet Explorer and repair QuickBooks Desktop. In the following discussion, you will find each solution with detailed instructions. Let’s go through them:
Fix 1: Repair QuickBooks FCS Service
If you are facing issues with Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe file, you should repair it. To do so, you can launch the Run command and save the correct settings. The following steps can be followed to understand better:
- Press the “Windows + R” keys together to open the “Run” command.
- When you see the text field in the “Run” box, type “services.msc” and hit the “OK” button.
- Here, you can search for the “Intuit QuickBooks FCS”.
- Once found, click on “FCS” and switch to the “Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties” window.
- Now, you can click on the “Manual” option.
- Select the “Startup Type” option.
- Click the “OK” button.
After executing these steps, you can launch QuickBooks Payroll and check if you can access Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe file.
Fix 2: Download Windows Update
Pending updates can also cause your computer certain issues. If the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service terminated unexpectedly, you should check for the Windows pending updates and install them if you find any. Here are the directions for the same:
- Click on the “Start” menu on your Windows computer.
- Then, type “Update” in the search bar and hit the “Enter” key. This will open the updates available for your Windows computer.
- On the “Windows Update” page, if you find any updates, you can download and install them immediately by clicking on the “Install Updates” button.
- Click the “OK” button.
Once you download and install all the necessary updates for your Windows computer, you can launch the QuickBooks Payroll to verify if the damaged Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe file has been resolved. If not, you can try out other solutions discussed in further guides.
Fix 3: Review the Payroll Subscription
If the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service terminated unexpectedly, you should check the subscription of your Payroll service. If required, you can update the Payroll software to the latest version. Let’s have a look at the following details:
- Open “QuickBooks Desktop”.
- Switch to the QuickBooks “Dashboard”
- Here, you need to choose the window that contains the “Maintenance Page”.
- As you do so, the QuickBooks app starts the process for payroll subscriptions.
- After you check the subscription, you can continue updating the Payroll service.
Once you are done reviewing the Payroll subscription and updating the Payroll software, you can run the Payroll service to see if the error has been fixed.
Fix 4: Fix the Internet Explorer Settings
Your web browser allows you to access the Payroll service. If you are unable to access the FCS service, the problems could lie within Internet Explorer. If you have not added QuickBooks as a trusted website in the Security tab then you can do the same in the following steps to repair the damaged Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe file:
- Launch “Internet Explorer” and open your computer.
- Then, select the “Gear” icon.
- Choose “Internet”.
- Switch to the “Security” option.
- Click on the “Trusted Sites” option.
- Press the “Site” option.
- Now, you can mention the website in the provided space:
- If you have a U.S. version of your QuickBooks software then add “Intuit.com” or “QuickBooks.com” in the dedicated field.
- In case you have a Canadian version of QuickBooks then you can add “QuickBooks.ca” or “Intuit.com”.
- Once done, close the window and click on the “Apply” button.
- Click the “OK” button.
As you add the QuickBooks website as a trusted website, your Internet Explorer will easily let you access the FCS service. Remember that you need to add the QuickBooks website URL based on the version you are using; U.S. or Canada.
Fix 5: Repair QuickBooks Software
Repairing the QuickBooks software is one of the helpful ways to avoid any kind of error. However, you need to make sure that you create a backup of your QuickBooks data before updating it. Once the backup is taken, you can perform the following steps to repair QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open the “Control Panel” on your Windows computer.
- Then, switch to the “Programs and Features” option.
- Here, you can select the QuickBooks program you want to remove.
- Then, hit the “Uninstall or Change” option.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Press the “Next” button.
- Thereafter, you can click on the “Repair” option.
As you perform these steps, wait for a while to complete the repairing process. Thereafter, you can restart your computer and check for the FCS file.
Apart from this, you can update your Payroll tax table and run the reboot.bat file to register QuickBooks-related extensions on Windows. Updating the QuickBooks program to the latest version is also one of the best ways to avoid errors or conflicts.
QuickBooks File Copy Service is a component of QuickBooks and is required to process QuickBooks updates. Due to technical errors, Intuit QuickBooks FCS exe file may get damaged. As a result, it creates problems during the update process. In this guide, we shared what is Intuit QuickBooks FCS service and how to fix it if the FCS exe file is damaged. By executing these methods, you can easily repair the FCS file.
If you are unable to open the company file or QuickBooks is not working in the Chrome browser, the following guides may come in handy to solve your issues:
- Resolved: QuickBooks Point of Sale Cannot Open Company File
- What to Do If QuickBooks Not Working in Chrome?