QuickBooks allows you to print multiple forms in batches such as paychecks, invoices, sales-related receipts, purchase orders, and more. Generally, users send all the checks in the Print Later box so QuickBooks can add your transactions to the print queue. However, there can be occasions when you want to remove certain checks that are no longer required to be printed. Fortunately, QuickBooks makes it possible for you to clear the print queue so the unnecessary checks don’t remain in the print queue. If you are stuck by this question “how do I delete a print queue in QuickBooks”, no worries!
- How to Remove Print Queue in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Method 1: How Do I Delete a Print Queue in QuickBooks?
- Method 2: How to Remove Print Queue from the Register?
- Method 3: How Do I Delete a Print Queue in QuickBooks from the Employees Menu?
- What If You Cannot Clear the Print Queue in QuickBooks?
How to Remove Print Queue in QuickBooks Desktop?
To remove or clear the print queue, you can opt for numerous methods in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. For instance, you can remove the checkmark for the Print Later option, remove the To Print option from the Numbers section, or clear the print queue from the Employees menu. If you are concerned about “how do I delete a print queue in QuickBooks”, you will get your answers in the following details:
Method 1: How Do I Delete a Print Queue in QuickBooks?
This method is quite simple. All you have to do is locate the paycheck and remove the checkmark for the Print Later option. Here is the whole procedure for QuickBooks remove checks to print:
- First of all, open the “QuickBooks” program and find the paycheck you want to remove.
- Here, you will see the “Print Later” option on the top of your screen. Make sure that you remove the checkmark for this option.
- After doing so, you need to press the “Save and Close” button located at the bottom.
As you follow these steps, the print queue of the paychecks will be removed in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. If there are more checks for print later, you can follow the same steps to remove them from the print queue.
Method 2: How to Remove Print Queue from the Register?
Another method to remove the print queue requires you to go to the Number column and remove the To Print option. After making changes, make sure you confirm the action. Let’s have a look at the following steps:
- To remove the paycheck from the print queue list, first, you will have to find the paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once found, you can go to the “Number” column.
- Here, you either clear “To Print” or type the phrase or check number.
- After that, you can click on the “Tab” two times.
- When you see the prompt in the “Recording Transaction” window, you can click on the “Yes” button.
By following these steps, you can easily clear the check that was supposed to be printed. Similarly, you can delete the check from the print queue.
Method 3: How Do I Delete a Print Queue in QuickBooks from the Employees Menu?
This method requires you to open the Payroll Center from the Employees menu. From here, you can select the recent payrolls and remove them from the To Print section.
- Go to the “Employees” menu.
- Then, click on the “Payroll Center” option.
- Switch to the “Payroll” tab.
- Here, you need to scroll down a little and find the “Recent Payrolls” option.
- At this point, you need to find the payroll that you wish to remove from the print queue. You will see the status as “To Print”.
- Now, you can click right on the entire row and select the “Remove from Print Queue”.
- When you see the pop-up, you can click on the “Yes” button. This will change the status to “Complete”.
This is how you can remove the pending checks from the list of recent payrolls. It is the best way to clear the printing queue in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
What If You Cannot Clear the Print Queue in QuickBooks?
There can be instances when you are unable to clear the checks from the Print Form Queue. In such a scenario, you can perform two or any of the two methods stated below:
Method 1: Save the File and Clear Print Queue
If you are not able to remove the checks from the print queue then you should open the print forms, choose the transaction type, select the number of transactions, choose the printer name, and save the file. Later, you can try clearing the checks from the print queue.
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Select the “Print Forms” option by clicking on the drop-down list.
- Here, you can choose the “Transactions Type”.
- When you see the “Select [transaction type] to Print”, you can select 10-20 transactions from the list.
- Then, click the “OK” button.
- Now, click on the “Printer Name” drop-down menu and choose the available drive such as XPS or PDF.
- Now, select the “Print” button.
- When the “Save the File” screen opens, you can name your file and hit the “Save” button.
Thereafter, you can repeat the same steps to remove the transaction (that we discussed above) from the printing queue.
Method 2: Open the Form to Type the Number
If you want to clear the print queue for other forms such as sales receipts, invoices, purchases & sales orders, and credit memos then you can perform the following instructions:
- From the “Select [transaction type] to Print” screen, choose the forms that don’t have any data in the “No” column.
- Now, open your form and type the number in the “No” section.
- Press the “Save and Close” button.
After that, you can assign the numbers, save the file, and print it by using either the XPS or PDF driver. We hope you understood how you can clear the print queue for different types of forms in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
In a Nutshell
QuickBooks lets you perform multiple tasks to make your business efficient and smooth. You can print different types of forms such as sales receipts, invoices, purchases & sales orders, and credit memos. If for some reason, you want to clear the print, it can be done in seconds. All you have to remove is the checkbox for the To Print or Print Later options. In the guide, we have already explained how you can clear the checks from printing queues. We hope you find it useful.
If you are want to print the 1099 form or create cash receipts in QuickBooks, don’t forget to read the following guides: