When you access a company file, the dashboard of QuickBooks Online displays by default. The QuickBooks dashboard is the overview of the business activities. This dashboard cannot be customized. However, depending on the user access level, you can decide what information should appear on the dashboard in QuickBooks Online. To know how to customize dashboard on QuickBooks Online, continue reading this guide and find out what you can do with the QuickBooks dashboard.
In the blog, we will enlighten you about all the information you see on the dashboard and how to customize dashboard on QuickBooks Online. Besides that, we will show you to customize the user access level in QuickBooks Online.
How Do I Customize My Dashboard in QuickBooks Online?
As you log in to your QuickBooks Online, the first page you interact with is the dashboard. If you are logging into the account for the first time then you will find nothing on the dashboard. The content will automatically be displayed once you proceed with the transactions: To know how to customize dashboard on QuickBooks Online, check out the following information
The dashboard of QuickBooks Online displays two main tabs:
- Get Things Done
- Business Overview
Both the tabs serve different purposes. For your better insights, we are explaining both the tabs along with their services:
Get Things Done Tab
In the Get Things Done tab, you will find three types of services; Setup Guide, Shortcuts, and Bank Accounts. Let’s find out how to customize dashboard in QuickBooks Online using these options:
- Setup Guide: This service guides you through the ways of a QuickBooks Online account so that you can set up your company activities in the web application. This proves to be quite helpful when you are new to QuickBooks Online.
- Shortcuts: This section comes in handy. It consists of all the favorite or most used features of QuickBooks Online. For instance, by using the “Shortcuts” section, you can add the customer, pay bills, send the invoices, and perform other actions related to business.
- Bank Accounts: This option on the right side shows the balance for the current “Bank Accounts” that you have connected with QuickBooks Online.
Business Overview Tab
The Business Overview tab lets you know the business performance by showing metrics such as Invoices, Sales, Expenses, Profit & Loss, etc. There are other options that can be customized by you depending on the requirement of your business. Find out how to customize dashboard on QuickBooks Online using the Business Overview tab.
- You can modify the duration for the parameters. For this, you are required to select the drop-down menu for each “Parameter” tab located on the top right.
- You will also see the details for different “Bank Accounts” shown on the right side of your dashboard. If you want to customize it or reorder it, click on the “Pencil” icon to update the details.
- Besides that, you can use the following links to access the details easily:
- Connect Accounts
- Performance Center
- Apart from “Business View” that helps to track the daily process, you can use the “Accountant View”. If you have been QuickBooks Online for a long time, you will see the accountant view section.
- If you want to switch between these views, you can click on the “Settings” icon and click on the “Switch to Accountant View” or “Switch to Business View”.
Other Ways: QuickBooks Online Dashboard Customize
There are other tabs and sections that allow you to customize the settings in QuickBooks Online. To know the procedure of QuickBooks Online customize dashboard, you can check out the following information:
- If you want to change the company name or company logo then you can click on the “Account and Settings” option, go to the “Company” tab, and apply the necessary changes.
- In case you access the “Account and Settings” page and want to close it without saving the applied changes then click on the “X” button located on the top right.
- If you want to toggle the financial information appearing in the Dashboard then click on the “Privacy” button located next to the log and company name on the top.
- To modify the date range from the graph widgets, you can use the drop-down menu located on the top right of the widgets except “Bank Accounts” and “Income” widgets.
What to Do If You Cannot Customize Dashboards in QuickBooks Online?
There can be instances when you cannot customize the QuickBooks Online dashboard. In such a scenario, you can edit or manage the user role permissions. As we specified earlier, by setting up the user access role, you can make changes to the dashboard. Here are the steps for the same:
- Log in to your “QuickBooks Online” account.
- Then, click on the “Settings” icon located on the top right.
- After this, click on the “Manage Users” option.
- Here, you can search for the user you wish to edit. Once found, hit the “edit” button from the “Action” column.
- Then, you can click on the “User Type” drop-down menu to choose the new user type.
- At this point, you can choose the user settings.
- Press the “Save” button.
After performing these steps, you can ask the user to log out and log in back to QuickBooks Online. Please note that there are certain that not counters towards user limit. For instance, the Reports and Time Tracker roles. You will not be able to edit the user permission for certain roles. In case you still wish to edit the user then you should delete them from the account so that you can add them with the appropriate role in QuickBooks Online.
To Wind Up
The dashboard in QuickBooks Online is basically the overview of your company or business. By customizing the dashboard, you can decide what information about your business activities should be there on the first page. In this guide, we have explained how to customize QuickBooks Online dashboard and the user access roles. Login to your account and customize the dashboard now!
Do you want to know more about QuickBooks guides such as setting up payment reminders or importing employee lists? Find out the details reading the following guides: