In QuickBooks, the Batch Action feature allows you to send multiple emails, print multiple invoices, enter transactions, estimates, and sales receipts in bulk. By sending data as a batch, you can save time. If you have no clue about what is batch actions in QuickBooks and where it is located, we will help you with that.
In this guide, you will know how you can use batch actions in QuickBooks Online to send different types of data such as sales forms. In case QuickBooks batch actions not working due to some reason, we will also help you to resolve this issue. Let’s read ahead and find out what this guide holds.
- How to Use Batch Actions in QuickBooks Online?
- How to Print or Email Multiple Sales Forms and Invoices?
- How to Use Batch Actions for Sales Transactions?
- How to Use Batch Actions for Expense Transactions?
- What If QuickBooks Batch Actions Not Working?
How to Use Batch Actions in QuickBooks Online?
Batch Actions allows you to perform certain actions. For instance, you can send multiple emails and print them in bulk. Multiple invoices, sales receipts, estimates, transactions, and more can be sent with the Batch Action feature. Here, we will help you to understand how you can use the batch actions in QuickBooks Online for different purposes.
How to Print or Email Multiple Sales Forms and Invoices?
If you are willing to print or email several invoices, estimates, sales receipts, & other sales forms, you can do it by using the Batch Action feature. Now, this can be used based on two conditions. One is when you want to print or email multiple sales forms immediately or when you want to print them later. In the following discussion, you will learn how to print or email multiple sales forms now and later.
Print or Email Multiple Sales Forms Now
If you immediately want to email or print the multiple sales forms then you can pursue the following steps:
- Click on the “Sales” menu.
- Then, go to the “All Sales” tab.
- Here, you can choose the checkboxes for all the transactions you want to print or email.
- Once selected, you can click on the Filter” drop-down arrow to filter the transactions by Status, Transaction Type, Customer, or Date.
- After applying the filters, you can click on the “Batch actions” button.
- Here, select the “Send transactions” option if you want to send the email. To print the transaction, you can click on the “Print transactions” option.
Print or Email Multiple Sales Forms Later
To send an email or print multiple sales forms, you will have to select them as you are working on them. This will make the procedure easy at the time of sending emails and printing multiple sales forms.
Please Note: This feature is not present for the new invoicing. You can only use this only in the old version. If your version is new, you can switch back to the old one to use this feature.
- To mark the sales forms as you are working on them for email or print:
- Click on the “Send Later” button to send the email later.
- Click on the “Print or Preview” and press the “Print Later” if you want to print later.
- Once done, select the “Save” button to close the transaction. Make sure you don’t press the “Save and Send” button.
- Now, you can use the filter to batch email or print. To filter the sales list, you can do the following:
- Click on the “Sales” menu.
- Then, choose the “All Sales” tab.
- Click the “Filter” drop-down arrow.
- By using the “Delivery Method” drop-down option to select either the “Print later” or “Send later” option.
- Now, click on the “Apply” button.
- At this point, you need to mark the checkboxes for all the transactions you want to print or email. To select them all, you can place a checkmark at the top of the list.
How to Use Batch Actions for Sales Transactions?
If you want to use batch action for your sales transactions, QuickBooks makes it possible for you. All you have to go through the following steps and implement them:
- Click on the “Sales” option.
- Here, go to the “Invoices” tab.
- After this, mark all the transactions that you wish to apply at the same time.
- Once selected, click on the “Batch” drop-down arrow.
- From here, you can select the option you want.
How to Use Batch Actions for Expense Transactions?
Using the Batch Action, you can enter multiple expense transactions as well. To make it happen, you can perform the following steps in QuickBooks Online:
- Navigate to the “Expenses” tab located on the left.
- Then, click on the “Expenses” tab.
- After this, place the checkmark for all the transactions.
- Once done, click on the “Batch action” drop-down menu so you can choose the option you prefer.
Even if you want to use the Batch option from the Banking page then you can do that. All you have to do is to mark the transaction and then you will be prompted to select what you want to do with these transactions.
What If QuickBooks Batch Actions Not Working?
There can be some occasions when you fail to use the Batch Actions or it turns grey. If the feature is not accessible, you will not be able to send multiple sales forms at once. In such a scenario, you can perform troubleshooting methods to resolve the “QuickBooks batch actions not working” issue.
Since QuickBooks Online requires the internet, you should try using a different browser or log in to QuickBooks Online in an incognito mode. If you can use the batch action feature here, it is a direct indication that the browser’s cache is bugging the performance. In this case, clear the cache of your regular browser. This will help you to access the feature in QuickBooks Online. Let’s find both the methods with detailed steps:
Method 1: Log in to QuickBooks Online in a Private Window
To log into QuickBooks Online using an incognito mode, you can use the key combinations. Here, we are providing key combinations that can be used based on the browser you are using:
- For Internet Explorer, press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Google Chrome users can press Ctrl + Shift + N together
- In Safari Browser, press the Command + Shift + N keys together
- Mozilla Firefox users can use Ctrl + Shift + P keys
As you get into incognito mode, you can browse QuickBooks Online. Thereafter, you can continue using the batch action to send multiple emails, sales forms, transactions, and so on.
Method 2: Clear Browser’s Cache
If you are able to access the batch action feature in incognito mode, you should clear the cache of the regular browser. If you are using Google Chrome to operate QuickBooks Online, check out the following steps:
- Click the “Google Chrome” browser icon
- Go to the browser’s settings by pressing the three vertical dots on the top right.
- Then, select the “Clear Browser Data” option.
- After this, go to the “Advanced” tab and choose the following options:
- Download history
- Browsing history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Here, you also need to choose the “Time Range” dropdown arrow to select the time period for clearing the cache. You can click on the “All time” option. This will clear the cache since the time you started browsing.
- Click on the “Clear data” option.
Once you are done, close the browser. Later, you can open Google Chrome to log in to QuickBooks Online. In case you use some other browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox, the procedure will be the same for clearing the browser’s cache and cookies.
To Sum Up
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting solutions and to ease your business task. By using the batch action feature, you can send or print multiple sales forms and transactions at once. Here, we have already shown you what is batch actions in QuickBooks and how to use them for different purposes. Even if you can’t access the batch action feature, we have provided some solutions to resolve it.
Do you want to learn more about QuickBooks features such as Audit Log and Upload Budget, read these guides for information: