QBO Banking helps QuickBooks Desktop users to link their financial institution. This allows users to view the transactions and download the statements when needed. If you are a user of Chase bank, the bank statements can be downloaded easily to the external file. Thereafter, you can import the transactions to QuickBooks at zero cost. To find out the complete details regarding the same, learn with us how to download Chase bank statements into QuickBooks.
Ways to Download Chase Bank Statements into QuickBooks
QuickBooks provides two different methods (Direct Connect and Web Connect) using which you can easily download the Chase bank statements. Using the Direct Connect method is quite convenient whereas Web Connect requires more effort. However, both methods are safe to follow. If you are willing to know how to download Chase bank statements into QuickBooks using Direct Connect and Web Connect, read the following details carefully:
How to Download Chase Bank Statements into QuickBooks using Direct Connect?
The Direct Connect method is quite simple. All you have to do is set up your online banking with a Chase account, sign in to the account, and download the bank statements into QuickBooks. There are other important details you need to be aware of. Read the following steps and learn how to download Chase bank statements into QuickBooks:
- Click on the “QuickBooks Company File”.
- Then, choose the “Banking” menu located on the top menu.
- From here, you can choose the “Online Banking” option.
- Now, select the “Set up Account for Online Services” option.
- Click on the “Select your QuickBooks Account” option.
- At this point, you can assign the business checking account to your online “Chase Download”.
- Once done, click on the “Next” button.
- Select the “Direct Connection” option and press the “Next” button.
- Click the “Next” button again to open a new window.
- Here, you can select the “Yes” button to confirm that your account for QB online services is active now.
- At this point, you will have to enter a few details such as your “Customer ID” and “Password”. Thereafter, you can confirm the details to successfully access the Chase online account.
- After doing so, you can connect with your “Chase account server” and then press the “Sign-in” button.
- Here, you will notice the bank data is downloading.
- Once the procedure is completed, press the “Finish” button.
- At this stage, you will find two modes (Register Mode and Side-by-Side Mode) from which you need to choose. These modes will allow you to download banking transactions:
- Register Mode: This mode lets you see the register in both the Chase Bank account and the QuickBooks account. In addition, the register in your Chase account moves the details to the QuickBooks register while the transactions are being downloaded.
- Side-by-Side Mode: The balance of your QuickBooks account appears on the left whereas the balance of online banking appears on the right. You can also select the “Download Online Accounts” button and press the “Receive Transactions” button.
By running this method, you can smoothly download the bank transactions of your Chase account to your QuickBooks account. Please note if you download the Chase bank transactions regularly, it is not suggested to enter the bank transactions manually. If you do so then you may end up seeing duplicate expenses and deposits in your record.
How to Download Chase Bank Statements into QuickBooks using Web Connect?
Web Connect method requires you to download the QB OFX-formatted file from Chase Online Banking on your computer. Thereafter, you can go to the QuickBooks Desktop, import the Web Connect file, and match the transactions. To know step by step guide, learn here how to download Chase bank statements into QuickBooks:
- To get started, you need to register or sign in to your “Chase Online Banking” page.
- Once logged in, go to the “Customer Center” tab.
- Here, you need to scroll a little and press the “Reference Center” option.
- Then, select the “Activate Money, Quicken, etc”.
- After this, click on the “Download Now” button to create the “QuickBooks OFX-formatted file”.
- Press the “Continue” button.
- Now, you can click on the “QuickBooks radio” icon.
- Then, select the version of your “QuickBooks” using the drop-down list.
- Hit the “Export” button.
- At this point, you need to select the folder to which you can save the file.
- Once saved, you can rename the file. Make sure you rename the file that has the quotation mark as qbo. This will help you to identify the QB Web Connect file easily.
- The next step is to launch “QuickBooks” on your computer.
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Choose the “Utilities” option.
- Here, you can click the “Import and Web Connect Files” options.
- After that, you have to go to the location where you have saved the “OFX-formatted file” that was downloaded from “Chase Online”.
- Once located, you can hit the “Open” button to proceed.
- Here, you can match the transactions from the “My Shortcuts” under the “Online Banking” option that you have downloaded.
This way you can download and match the Chase bank transactions to QuickBooks. If you are not able to download the Chase credit card transactions then you can reconnect the Chase account with your QuickBooks platform.
There can be many occasions when you may need to download and compare the transactions of your online banking. If you have connected your QuickBooks account with the Chase banking system, you can easily download the bank statements and import them to QuickBooks. Here we have shared easy steps for how to download Chase bank statements into QuickBooks Desktop. We hope you find this guide easy to follow.
Do you want to move your accounting data from QuickBooks online version to the desktop version? Read this complete guide to learn safe ways to export QuickBooks Online to Desktop or vice versa.