While proceeding with the Sage software installation, it is common to encounter Sage install error 1308. Users may also confront different types of error codes on their screens. However, the 1308 error code specifically appears when the source file is not found on your computer. There may be different reasons for installation problems. If you are bothered by any kind of installation errors, we will help you to know its key reasons and will provide numerous solutions to fix this installation issue.
In this guide, you will find the primary reasons for Sage error 1308 so that you can fix the installation error accordingly. For this, we will provide troubleshooting methods as well.
What are the Causes of Sage Error 1308?
Sage error 1308 can be spotted when there are some issues with the installation of Sage software. The following are the main reasons behind the failed installation of Sage software:
- The source file is not found or missing on your computer.
- Sage software is not updated to the latest version.
- The updates you have downloaded are not installed.
- Poor internet connection.
- Windows installer is not able to stop the service to allow the installation process to proceed.
- The system is not running as an administrator.
- Users may have installed the trial version which has not expired and thus it is creating issues.
There can be other reasons affecting your Sage software to be installed properly on your Windows operating system.
How to Fix Sage Install Error 1308?
Sage install error 1308 can be resolved if you reinstall the Sage software. In addition, you can repair Sage 50 software either by using the Control Panel or installation files. By removing all the Sage products, Sage software applications, and its accounting folders, you can also get rid of Sage error 1308. If you are wondering how to implement these methods on your Windows computer, we are here to help you. In the following discussion, you will find each method with detailed steps. Follow the guide and implement the methods carefully.
1: Repair Sage Software
The first method you should implement is to repair your Sage 50 software. By repairing this software, you can get rid of installation problems and minor errors. Now, this can be done in two different ways. For instance, you can repair Sage software through Control Panel and installation files. In the following discussion, we will show you the whole procedure for both ways.
Repairing Sage using Control Panel
Control Panel allows you to remove or repair a particular software from the list of installed programs on your computer. Here are the steps for repairing the Sage 50 software.
- Open the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Once you see the “Control Panel” window, click on the “Programs” option.
- Choose the “Program” option again.
- Here, you will see the list of programs. From this list, you need to locate the “Sage 50” software.
- Then, click right on the “Sage 50” software.
- Choose the “Change” button.
- Click on the “Repair” button.
- Press the “Next” button.
These steps will allow you to repair the Sage software. Once the process is finished, you can continue installing the latest release of Sage software on Windows computers.
Repairing Sage using Installation Files
Another way to repair the Sage 50 software is to use the installation file. For this method, you just need to navigate through the file location and run the file as an administrator. Here are the detailed steps for the same:
- Navigate to the file location or path where the installation files for the Sage 50 are stored.
- Now, locate the “Autorun.exe” file and click right on its icon.
- After this, select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- As you press this button, you will see the start-up screen. From here, you need to choose the “Remove” or “Modify” button.
- Once done, click on the “Sage 50” software.
- Press the “Next” button.
- Click the “Repair” button.
- Hit the “Next” button.
Apart from implementing these steps, you can wait until the repair process completes. Once done, you can continue installing the Sage software on your computer. If you are still facing installation errors, we have more solutions to try on.
2: Remove All the Sage Products
Sage software might not be able to install due to the corrupted products or files of the software. If you delete all the products related to Sage completely on your computer, it may let you install the software. To do so, you can go through the Control Panel. Here are the steps you can follow:
- First of all, create a backup of the company data. For this, you can use a USB or an external device.
- Then, move to the “Control Panel”.
- Click on the “Programs and Features”.
- Search for the “Sage 50” software.
- Click the “Uninstall” button.
- Now, open the “Windows Explorer” and navigate to the “C:\Program files (x86).
- Delete the “Sage” folder as well as the “Winsim” folder.
After performing these steps, you can open the Documents section and save the backup folder to the external device.
3: Remove the Sage Software and Accounting Folders
If you are confronting Sage error 1308 even after implementing the aforementioned steps, we suggest you remove the software and its all the accounting folder. This will help you to install the Sage 50 software. Check out the following steps to do the same:
- To get started, go to the location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents.
- Then, choose all the accounting folders along with the “Sage” software.
- After this, hit the “Delete” button.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- After this, you can open the “Run” dialog box.
- Type “Regedit” in the field and open the “Windows Registry”.
Once you are done following these steps, you can download the Sage software from a trusted source. Thereafter, you can proceed with the installation.
4: Configure Windows Computer
When you install Sage 50 software on a brand new computer, it may not install properly. If the earlier version of Windows blocks the Sage software, you might face technical issues during the Sage installation. Make sure you follow the following steps to remove the Sage install error 1308.
- Go to the Windows “Start” button.
- Then, select the “Setting” option.
- Click on the “Update & Security” window.
- Here, you can check for the new updates.
- After this, create restore points by following the steps displayed on your screen.
- Make sure your “Sage 50” software is properly removed.
- Then, create the restore points and continue downloading the “.NET framework repair tool”.
As you run the tool, you can restart the system. After this, you can reinstall the Sage 50 software again. Once the installation process is completed, you can launch Sage 50 software to verify if the Sage install error 1308 is removed.
To Sum Up
Sage install error 1308 appears when your PC cannot find the source file due to which it fails to proceed with Sage installation. Besides that, you can implement other troubleshooting methods that we have discussed above to rectify the error.
Learn more about Sage errors and find out how to resolve certain error codes.