Despite its versatile performance, Sage accounting software often comes up with technical problems. Even when you log in to the Sage company files, you may encounter Sage login errors which may lead you to frustration. If you have attempted to log into your Sage account many times and still have not been able to figure out what is wrong, we will help you to understand.
This particular guide is dedicated to revealing the major causes of Sage login problems and the symptoms of login error messages. In addition, we will provide a number of methods to fix this login issue so you can access the company files without interruptions. Continue to read to know more.
What Are the Reasons Seeing Sage Login Problems?
Entering the incorrect log credentials can be the main reason you are not able to log into the account successfully. However, there can be several reasons behind such Sage login errors. We are listing some of the possible causes below:
- Improper connectivity of internet connection.
- The license is invalid due to which you are unable to log in.
- User Account Control (UAC) is enabled.
- Damaged company files can also be the reason.
- The DNS settings are not correct.
- Third-party software applications on your system may bring complications.
When you encounter a Sage login error, you may encounter peculiar changes on your system. For instance, users may find difficulties using the Sage accounting software due to the presence of the error. Moreover, the Sage 50 program will not open or it will keep crashing.
How to Fix Sage Login Error?
When you are unable to login into your Sage accounting software, it is recommended to clear the cache and check the internet connectivity. However, if you are still bothered with login errors, you should try resetting the password to your account. In addition, you should verify the user license, verify the company file, disable User Account Control (UAC), or restore the backup file.
We also suggest you repair the company files, correct the DNS settings, and remove the third-party application that may cause Sage login problems. Now, let’s go through each method with step by step instructions:
Fix 1: Reset the Password
Before proceeding with the technical method, let’s try resetting the password. This will let you log in to your company file easily. Follow these steps to reset the password to avoid Sage login problems:
- Go to the “Sage Login” page.
- Make sure you log in to your company file as an administrator.
- Then, choose the “Maintains” option.
- Select the “Set up security” option.
- When you see the options, select the “Reset Password” button.
- In the password field, you can type the “Temporary Password”.
- After this, you can agree to the guidelines and press the “OK” button.
- Now, close the window.
- Be sure that you log in to your account using the temporary password.
- Then, click the “OK” button to change your password.
- After that, you can confirm the action for resetting the password.
Once you are done, verify if you can open the company file using the new password. If you are still unable to log into the account, we have more ways to fix the Sage login error. Let’s read ahead!
Fix 2: Verify the User License
When the license of the user is not valid, it may bring errors while logging into the company file. Hence, it is important to check and then verify the user license. You can do it easily by following these instructions:
- Log in to the company in administrator mode.
- Then, go to the “Maintain” button.
- Click on the “User” option.
- Select the “Security Set Up” option.
- Now, you can check the license section located next to the user name.
- Press the “OK” button.
- After this, you can log in to the account as a user.
Make sure you perform these steps with administrative rights on the system of the user. Once fixed, you can try logging into the account and check if the Sage login problems have been resolved.
Fix 3: Check the Company File
To fix the login issues, one has to check their company files if it is working properly. This is because damaged company files may not allow you to access the data properly. Therefore, it is important to verify the company file. Here are the steps for that:
- To get started, you need to launch the program.
- Then, click on the “Browse” option.
- After this, you can search for the company files.
- Once found, you can click on the “Company File” to open it.
As you log in to the company file using the correct log-in credentials, you will be able to access the company data. However, if you are still facing any kind of difficulties, try to restore the backup file. Read the next step to know more.
Fix 4: Restore a Backup File Before Conversion
If you are going to convert files, it is suggested to restore the backup file first. By doing so, you can open the company data using the backup file. Here are the steps for that:
- To get started, you will need to select the file you wish to convert.
- Then, you can click right on it to choose the “Restore” option from the pop-up menu.
- After this, launch the browser to select the required backup file.
- Once done, click the “Open” button.
- Thereafter, you can type of process from the options given below:
- Overwrite existing company data
- Existing company
- Here, you have to generate a new company using the restore file. If required, you can use this option when a user requires to restore the backup into the newly created folder to store the existing data.
- Press the “Ok” button.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Now, you will see the options such as web transactions, customized forms, business intelligence reports, and company data.
- Then, click the “OK” button.
- Make sure you select the “Restore” button.
Once you are done following these steps, you can try opening the file and check if you are still facing Sage login problems.
Fix 5: Disable the User Account Control
If the User Account Control is enabled on your computer, the issues are likely to come while logging into the company files. By correcting the UAC settings, you can resolve the login problems. Let’s have a look at the following steps to correct the settings of UAC on your computer:
- Click on the Windows “Start” menu.
- Then, open the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- From here, you are supposed to find the “Change User Account Control Settings”.
- Once found, click on the bar and set it to “Never Notify”.
- Press the “OK” button.
When you are executing these steps, you can reboot your computer to reflect the applied changes. Thereafter, you can log in to the Sage account and access your company files.
To Sum Up
Sage login errors are the type of error that can be resolved easily. All you have to do is diagnose the cause and attempt the troubleshooting methods accordingly. We have given some helpful methods in this guide that will help you to fix the login problems in Sage accounting software.
To enlighten yourself more about Sage accounting software errors, you can jump to the following links. These will help you to resolve certain error codes.