When you install Sage or other software on your Windows computer, it shows up with a warning message with Sage error 1925. The message states that you don’t have enough rights to finish the installation. To complete the software installation, you are required to log in as an administrator on a Windows computer.
If you are finding difficulties solving the error code 1925, you landed on the right page. Here, we will show you a number of troubleshooting methods that will help you to solve the error.
What Causes Sage Error 1925?
Generally, users encounter Sage error 1925 during the software installation on Windows computers. There can be several reasons behind it. For instance:
- The exe file you downloaded to install is blocked by your Windows computer. This happens when the file comes from another PC and your system blocks it to protect your computer.
- If UAC is enabled on your Windows PC, it prohibits the installation. In such a scenario, you can run your installer using administrator privileges.
- Insufficient Windows admin rights also prohibit the installation process. If you run Windows as an administrator, you can resolve the issue.
How to Fix Sage Error 1925?
The Sage installation error can be fixed if you adjust the User Account Control settings. UAC is a feature that prevents suspicious programs from damaging the system. UAC does not allow the installation of unauthorized applications. However, if you want to install certain programs, all you need to do is set preferences on the Windows computer.
To fix the Sage error 1925, you need to perform the basic method to troubleshoot the error. For instance, you can disable the UAC service, unblock the exe file, run exe as an administrator, and log in to your Windows with admin rights.
If you perform these methods carefully, you will easily resolve the error related to the installation. Now, let’s go through each method one after one.
Fix 1: Unblock the Exe File
As said earlier, UAC prevents suspicious programs from damaging your Windows system. Thus, UAC does not allow the installation of unauthorized applications. In such a scenario, you need to make sure that Sage installation is not blocked. If so, then you need to unblock it. Follow these steps to know each step.
- Go to the “Downloads” folder and locate the installation file.
- Then, click right on the file.
- Select the “Properties” option from the right-click context menu.
- Switch to the “General” tab.
- Click the “Unblock” button if it is available for the “Security” option.
Once you unblock the installation file, you can proceed with the app installation. However, if you face problems installing the Safe program on your computer, you are supposed to check other settings. Read the next fix to know more.
Fix 2: Disable User Account Control (UAC)
If User Account Control is enabled on your Windows computer, you may confront issues with the Sage program installation. Hence, we suggest you disable the User Account Control feature and set it to the Never Notify option.
Note: In Windows Vista, you will find only two kinds of UAC settings whereas, on Windows 7 and Windows 8, you will have more options to select.
To adjust your Windows UAC settings, you can follow these steps based on the Windows version you are using currently.
Adjust UAC Settings on Windows 7
- Click the Windows “Start” menu.
- Search for “User Account Control Settings” through the search bar.
- Then, click on the “Change User Account Control Settings” option.
- At this point, you are required to set the level for the “Never Notify” option.
Adjust UAC Settings on Windows 8 & 10
- Point your mouse on the “Aero Peek”. This also refers to the “Show” desktop icon located near the Windows taskbar.
- Now, click the “Search” icon and search for the “User Account Control”.
- After that, select the “Settings” located in the search box.
- Here, you will find the “Change User Account Control Settings” on the left pane.
- Thereafter, you can adjust the slider to the “Always notify” option.
- Once done, click the “OK” button.
- At this point, you will see four different settings you can select:
- Always notify
- Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer.
- Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
- Never notify.
- You can select the “Never notify” option.
As you disable User Account Control UAC on your Windows computer, you will face any restrictions installing the software. In case you still encounter Sage error 1925, check the next fixation method.
Fix 3: Run Exe File as Administrator
Windows requires certain permission to install any software. For instance, administrator privileges are necessary to initiate the installation. Hence, it is suggested to run the downloaded exe file with admin rights. Here are the steps for the same.
- Go to the “Downloads” folder and click right on the installation Exe file.
- Then, click right on the file.
- Now, click on the “Run As Administrator”.
- If the program is downloaded, make sure you run it as an administrator.
By running the exe file as an administrator, you will not be restricted to proceed with the installation. This will allow you to install Safe without conflicting any errors.
Fix 4: Run Windows with Admin Rights
If you are not logged in as an administrator on your Windows computer, you may confront unexpected issues. To avoid that, you can simply log in to Windows with admin rights. For logging into the Windows computer as an admin, you have to have the user account with the Administrator account type.
- Click on the Windows “Start” menu.
- Search for “User Accounts” using the search bar.
- Then, click on the “User Accounts” from the results.
- From here, you can change the account type to admin.
- Click the Windows “Start” menu.
- Search for the “Control Panel” using the search bar.
- Go to the “User Accounts”.
- When you see the type of user account, you can change it to admin.
Once you change the type of your user account and change it to an administrator then you can try completing the Sage installation. This will help you to perform every action properly as you are running Windows as an administrator.
Sage error 1925 is an error related to the failed installation. Sage installation fails due to the insufficient privileges on Windows computer. User Account Control settings can also cause such issues. If you disable UAC settings and set other preferences on a Windows computer, you can resolve the error. Through this guide, we have provided the best ways to fix the error. We hope you have resolved the error effortlessly.
Sage software can throw different types of failed installation errors. If you encounter Sage error code 1603 then you can read this guide to solve the error.