QuickBooks users can generate a list of customers keeping their details stored in the accounting software. If you wish to take print of these customer lists, you can do it by running the Customer Contact List report in QuickBooks. There are other ways as well to view and print the customer lists. If you are wondering how to print customer list in QuickBooks, we will show the complete steps in this guide.
The following guide talks about how to print a list of customers in QuickBooks. In addition, we will show you print customer lists in different ways. If you are unable to view the customer list, we have also provided the methods to fix the issue.
How Do I Print a Customer List in QuickBooks?
To print the customer list, one has to run the report in QuickBooks. In addition, the reports can be run in different ways. In the following blog, we will talk about how you can print just the customer list, customer address mailing list on labels, and customer list on terms. Continue reading to know how to print customer list in QuickBooks.
Print the Customer Address Mailing List on Labels
For printing the customer list, one has to find the report by name. Then, customize the fields and columns so that you can print the relevant information about customers. To know how to print a customer list in QuickBooks, you should look for the following steps:
- Go to the “Report” menu.
- Then, move to the “Find report by name” section and enter the “Customer Contact List”.
- Here, you need to click on the “Customize” button.
- After that, you can add the columns or fields as per your choice for the report.
- Once done, select the “Print” icon.
- Here, you need to click the “Print” button again.
Once you are done implementing these steps, you can check if you have got the appropriate details. Otherwise, you can check the filters and customize the report again.
Print the Customer List Only
There can be instances when you want to print the customer list that only displays the customer information. However, you may also find the Job Info while you print. If you just want to print the customer, we will teach you. All you just have to have to customize the report using the filter to take print of the customer list only. Let’s find out how to print customer list in QuickBooks.
- Launch the “Customer Contact List Report”.
- Then, click on the “Customize” button.
- Now, move to the “Filter” option.
- Search for the “Customer”.
- After this, click on the drop-down menu. Then, place check marks for all the boxes available before the parent customers. Make sure there is no checkmark for any sub-customer/job.
- Once done, click on the “Run Report” option.
As you perform these steps, the report will show the customer list. You can then take print of the customer list in QuickBooks account.
Print the Customer List to Show the Terms
If you want to print the customer list that only displays what customers are on terms then you just need to pull your Customer Contact List report. After that, you can customize the report in order to display the Terms section. To know how to print active customer list in QuickBooks, check out the following steps stated below:
- Click on the “Reports” menu.
- Then, use the search bar and type “Customer Contact List”.
- After that, click on the “Customized” option.
- Click on the “All” button in the “Terms” drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Run report” option.
- Once done, click on the “Gear” button within the report.
- Click the “Show More” option.
- Place the checkmark for the “Terms” box.
- Hit the “Run report” button.
By following these steps, you can easily print the customer list that can show what customers are on terms in QuickBooks.
What If You Cannot Find the Customer List in QuickBooks?
A lot of users often complain that they cannot view the customer list in QuickBooks Online. If you are having the same problem, we will help you to fix the error. Here, we are providing two methods to troubleshoot the problem.
Method 1: Use a Private Browser
The first and foremost step you can take is to use a private browser. This helps you to prevent the cache and then you can easily access QuickBooks Online to find the Customer List. Here, we are giving shortcut key combinations to quickly open the private browser:
- Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
- Internet Explorer: Ctrl + Shift + P
- Safari: Command + Shift + N
- Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
Depending on your web browser, you can use the key combination. Thereafter, you can browse QuickBooks Online, log in to the account, and open the Customer List to take a print. If you are able to access the customer list then go back to your regular web browser and clear the cache.
Method 2: Fix the Limited Access
QuickBooks allows you to set the level of access which means if you have set the User Type for Limited Customer then you might not be able to view the customer list. Therefore, you should follow these steps to fix this setting:
- Log in to “QuickBooks Online”.
- Then, click on the “Gear” icon located at the top.
- Here, you can click on the “Manage Users” option from the “Your Company” section.
- Now, search for the user’s name.
- Once found, click on the “Edit” button from the “Actions” drop-down menu.
- Using the “User Type” drop-down menu, choose the type of access you want to keep for the user.
- For the “Standard User”, you can mark the “Customers” under the “Limited” column.
- Once done, click the “Save” button.
After implementing these steps, you can open QuickBooks Online and run the Customer Contact List report using the steps we have discussed above. This will help you to take print of the customer easily.
Users may require to view or print the customer list to analyze the details or for any reason. QuickBooks allows you to take a print off the customer list just by running the Customer Contact List report. All you have to do is customize the reports such as fields and columns and then run the report to take prints of the relevant details in QuickBooks. Here, we have shown each step for how to print customer list in QuickBooks. Hope you find it easy to read!
Find out more about the QuickBooks invoice conversion process and running final paycheck in the following guides: