QuickBooks Pay stubs deliver to the employees with a detailed breakdown of benefits, taxes withheld, earnings, and the taxes you pay as an employer on the behalf of your employees. Even if the employees do not review their pay stubs regularly, you should provide them with their pay stubs. The Print Pay Stubs are created as Password-Protected PDF Attachments in QuickBooks. In addition, they save the layout and format of the Paystubs. To know how to print bill payment stub in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, you can go through the following information. We will also cover a variety of methods to print pay stubs in QB Desktop.
- How to Print a Bill Payment Stub in QuickBooks Online?
- How Do I Print a Bill Payment Stub in QuickBooks Desktop?
How to Print a Bill Payment Stub in QuickBooks Online?
Before printing the bill payment stubs, one has to make sure that the QuickBooks Payroll is enabled in QuickBooks Online. If the QuickBooks Payroll feature is not turned on, you can enable it from the Workers tab. After that, you are required to apply the settings for printing to choose the printing option. Once done, users can select the paychecks from the list to print them on plain paper. To understand better, check the steps below and learn how to print a bill payment stub in QuickBooks Online:
- Hover over the mouse pointer on the “Workers” menu on the left side of the QuickBooks dashboard.
- Then, choose the “Employees” option.
- When you see an “Employee’s” window, click on the “Get Started” button located on the top right.
Once you enable the QuickBooks Payroll service, you will have to make payroll settings. To do so, you can perform the following steps:
- Go to the “QuickBooks Settings” icon located at the top right.
- After this, select the “Payroll Settings” option.
- Here, you will see a number of options. You can click on the “Pencil” icon located next to the “Printing” settings.
- Now, you can choose the printing options. For instance,
- If you have paid your employees via direct deposit then you should select the “Plain Paper” option.
- Otherwise, you can select the check stock type (one or two stubs).
- After saving the details for payroll settings, you can press the “Done” button.
After activating and running the first payroll via QuickBooks Payroll, you will be eligible to take prints now. The Print option can be found in the same spot from where you enable the payroll service from the Workers tab. However, this time your screen will be different. You will see a list of employees in the Employees section. You can even sort the recent payroll checks.
To know how to print bill payment stub in QuickBooks Online, you can read the following instructions:
- Once you select the correct payroll period to print the employee’s pay stubs, you can choose the paychecks that you wish to print QB pay stubs for.
- If you want to print several paychecks then this can be done by clicking on each checkbox manually. To select all the paychecks, you can click the checkbox before the “Pay Date” column.
- When you are done selecting all the paychecks, you will see a “Print” button in the place of the “Filter” dropdown menu.
- After this, click on the “Print” button to create the PDF of employees’ pay stubs.
The print can be taken on plain paper and then you can distribute it to all your employees. Please note that you might have paid some employees using a physical paycheck whereas some of them go paid via direct deposits. Thus, you have to make sure that the pay stubs you distribute to the employees (you have paid via direct deposit) should be printed on plain paper so that the Pay Stub Detail can be displayed on the document. Now you have learned how to print bill payment stub in QuickBooks Online. Continue to read about the desktop version.
How Do I Print a Bill Payment Stub in QuickBooks Desktop?
In QuickBooks Desktop, users can email Pay stubs to their employees. This way you can provide your employees details they should have. If you want to know how to print bill payment stub in QuickBooks Desktop, you can adopt a number of ways. For instance, you can print pay stubs using the bills payment stubs option, by a stub and voucher printing feature, using the File menu, using the paycheck and paycheck list. Let’s have a look at the following steps to understand each method.
Method 1: Print using the Bill Payment Stubs
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Then, select the “Print Form & Select Bills Payment Stubs”.
- Here, you can select the “Bills Payment” drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Check or Credit Card” depending on your bill payment method.
- At this point, you can select the appropriate “Credit Card or Bank Account” using the “Account” drop-down menu.
- After this point, you can move to the “Dates & amp” section.
- Now, add the starting and ending dates. This will list the payments based on the date range.
- Once done, select the check for which you wish to print the payment stubs.
- After that, click the “OK” button.
- Now, from the “Print” window, you can check the printer font or the total number of copies.
- Thereafter, hit the “Print” button.
Method 2: Print by Pay Stub and Voucher Printing
- In “QuickBooks Desktop” navigate to the “Edit” button.
- Then, click on the “Preferences” option using a drop-down menu.
- After that, select the “Payroll & Employees” option.
- Now, switch to the “Company Preferences” tab.
- Click on the “Full Payroll” option from the section of “QuickBooks Payroll” features.
- Thereafter, you can click on the “Set Preferences for” option and select the “Pay Stub & Voucher Printing” option. As you click on this option, you will get into the “Payroll Printing Preference” window.
- At this point, you can select all the checkboxes you wish to add in the “Paycheck Vouchers & Pay Stubs, Print” window.
- If you want your company name to be on the top of the “Pay Stub” then you should select the “Legal Company Name” option.
- After you select all the items, click on the “OK” option.
- As you perform these steps, the Paystub along with the selected information will automatically print with each paycheck.
Method 3: Print Pay Stubs using the File Menu
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Then, select the “Print Forms” option.
- Click the “Go to Pay Stubs” option.
- Now, select the “Payroll bank account” option.
- Here, you need to enter the date range. Make sure you choose the date that has the date that needs to be printed.
- If you wish to filter the employees then you can click on the “Employee” drop-down menu.
- After this, select the column with the date and pay stubs you want to print.
- Then, click on the “Preview” button if you want to see the pay stub before the print.
- Now, select the “Preferences” tab and select the company and employee details that will be available on a Pay Stub.
- For printing a “Global message” for every pay stub, add content in the company message so it can print on each pay stub.
- After that, you can start printing.
- If you want to see the information related to “Print Pay Stubs”, you can click on the “HELP” menu.
Method 4: Print Pay Stubs using the Paycheck List
- Click on the “Employees” menu located on the left.
- Then, select the “Employee name” whom you want to pay.
- Now, click the “Paycheck List” option on the Page of employees.
- Here, you can click on the “Check to pay” option.
- After this, search for the check numbers and find out if they are applicable.
- Then, click on the “Batch Action” option using the drop-down menu.
- Choose the “Print” button.
Method 5: Print Pay Stubs via Paycheck
- To get started, open the paycheck in your accounting software.
- Then, click on the “Print” icon on the top.
- Select the “Pay Stub” option.
This is how you can print the QuickBooks bill payment subs in different ways. You can pick any of these methods to quickly get the print of an employee’s pay stubs.
QuickBooks Print Pay Stub is basically a physical record of the payment date and amount for your employees. If you want to print them, this can be done in a few simple steps. In the above information, we have explained how to print bill payment stub in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. We hope you find this blog useful.
If you want to update the historical payroll data or apply supplier credit notes in QuickBooks, you can get the right information from here.
- How to Enter Historical Payroll in QuickBooks Online?
- How to Apply Supplier Credit Note in QuickBooks Online?