Gusto is mainly designed to automate the payroll process. This is an ideal source for small business owners who pay their workers for the very first time. By connecting Gusto with QuickBooks, you can gain a number of benefits. For instance, you can send the payroll in less than 5 minutes. With automatic state, federal, and local tax filings, you can leave the paperwork on the integration. There are many more features you can access by using Gusto QuickBooks integration.
If you are looking forward to performing Gusto integration with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, we will help you to set up the integration. Read this guide carefully till the end to know your answer.
- How to Use Gusto Integration with QuickBooks Desktop?
- What to Do More with Gusto QuickBooks Desktop Integration?
- How to Perform Gusto QuickBooks Online Integration?
- What to Do Next After Gusto and QuickBooks Integration?
How to Use Gusto Integration with QuickBooks Desktop?
Integrating the Gusto with your QuickBooks Desktop will be a great help for those who are new to handling payroll. All you have to do is connect your QuickBooks Desktop app with the Gusto service. Thereafter, you need to map the Chart of Accounts with accurate details. After that, you can perform the integration or use it to send payrolls.
Let’s have a look at the following series of steps and implement them to successfully integrate Gusto with QuickBooks Desktop:
Connect QuickBooks Desktop from Gusto
- First of all, log in to your “Gusto” account.
- Then, navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Here, you can switch to the “Integration” tab.
- Click on the “Accounting” option from the “Categories” section.
- Now, you need to choose and click on the “QuickBooks Desktop” title.
- Once selected, hit the “Connect” button.
- At this point, you have to type all the relevant credentials for the “QuickBooks Desktop”. By doing so, your QuickBooks account can be connected.
Map the Chart of Accounts from QuickBooks Desktop to Gusto
- When you are done connecting your QuickBooks account, continue to upload and start mapping the “Chart of Accounts” from QuickBooks Desktop to Gusto. The following are the fields you will have to complete to map Gusto payroll items:
- Earning Types (Regular, Bonus, Commission, etc.)
- Employee Taxes
- Benefits Expenses
- Benefit Liabilities
- Bank Account
- Owner’s Draw
What to Do More with Gusto QuickBooks Desktop Integration?
- All the options in your Gusto service create depending on what is available in the file and then it proceeds with the mapping.
- After mapping the Chart of Accounts, you can even export the data to the IIF (Intuit Interchange Format).
- Later, you can download and upload it to the QuickBooks Desktop account.
- After that, you can make deductions and benefits depending on your preference. However, Gusto service does not charge for deductions or benefits; it only includes deduction/benefits liabilities.
- Doing so, the line items will be produced inside the Journal Entry and accrue the deduction or benefit balance owed.
- When the deduction/benefit is charged, you can also mitigate the debt or cancel the amount owed in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Later, you can add more granularity to your department mapping. You can even use a separate account for different payroll items within the department by using the department mapping.
This is how you can complete the steps for Gusto QuickBooks integration. Make sure you enter the details correctly. If you are a QuickBooks Online user, you can still sync a Gusto account with it. Continue reading to know more.
How to Perform Gusto QuickBooks Online Integration?
To perform the Gusto QuickBooks integration for the online version, you will first have to connect both the platforms; Gusto and QuickBooks. Once done, you can start mapping the QuickBooks accounting data with the Gusto service. There are other configurations you can make for Gusto’s account. To boost your payroll service, you can pursue the following steps:
Connect Gusto integration with QuickBooks Online
- To get started with Gusto QuickBooks integration, go to the QuickBooks Online “Settings” menu.
- Then, select the “Integrations” option.
- Click on the “Add New Integrations” option.
- Press the “Connect to QuickBooks” button.
- At this point, you can add the “QuickBooks Online credentials”. Make sure you enter the correct details.
- After this, click on the “Authorize” button. This will allow the “Gusto” service to sync with “QuickBooks Online”.
Map the QuickBooks Accounting Data with Gusto
- Once you are done syncing both the platforms, continue mapping the accounting data to “Gusto”. This includes classes, accounts, and departments.
- At this moment, you can determine what payroll transaction should be synced with QuickBooks Online, whether you prefer future syncs between QBO and Gusto to sync manually or automatically and how exactly all the aspects of the payroll will record in the accounting once you set up the whole payroll in Gusto.
What to Do Next After Gusto and QuickBooks Integration?
Although Gusto will automatically pull in the employee and company data from QuickBooks Online in order to streamline, there will still be a few settings you have to configure in your Gusto account. Check out the following points you have to be sure about after Gusto QuickBooks integration.
- Add the company address for each of the company and primary business addresses.
- Once done, start adding the employees. Gusto will import the basic details about your employees from the QuickBooks Online account such as employee address and name. Other fields can be filled by you regarding payroll purposes.
- Gusto also has a “Self-onboard” that allows your employees to enter their details on their own. All you have to do is invite them through email and they can enter the personal details to execute the authorization forms.
- After this, enter the “Federal” information.
- Then, enter the “State” details. You can enter one or more than one state based on the number of states your employees are working.
- As you perform these steps, you will see the “Bank Account” screen in which you will enter the information. From this bank account, Gusto debits the required fund so that the employees and the necessary taxes can be paid. It is recommended to set up a unique bank account.
- Thereafter, you need to set up the “Employee Pay Schedules”. Make sure you press the “Save” button.
- Now, you can send out your first payroll. It takes around 5-7 minutes to run payroll with Gusto service.
- Later, you can click on the “Hours & Earnings” option.
- Here, you can review and then approve “Time Off”.
- Once done, click on the “Submit Payroll for Payment” option.
When you are done sending the payroll, you will see all the details in the Payroll Journal Report. The details include deduction/contributions, payroll period earnings, employer taxes, employee, and totals.
Every time you cancel payroll, run payroll or apply a correction to it, the taxes, total wages, and reimbursements will display in QuickBooks Online depending on the sync configuration you have made when performing Gusto QuickBooks integration. Please note, you can use the manual update feature even when you are using the automatic updates.
To Sum Up
Using Gusto’s service, you can make your payroll process easy and faster. By integrating it with the QuickBooks platform, you can move employee details such as names and addresses. All you have to do is connect QuickBooks and Gusto, map the accounting data with Gusto, and send payrolls. Gusto QuickBooks integration also offers amazing benefits we have already discussed above.
Learn more about entering petty cash expenses and integrating Tsheet with QuickBooks through the following links: