While printing a report in QuickBooks, you might confront the “QuickBooks report can’t fit on printed page” error. If you ignore this warning, important details may just not fit in and cut out from the page.
To deal with such problems, you must enable the Fit Report To option in the QuickBooks account. By making it a default option, you don’t need to mark this option every time you send prints.
In this guide, we will show you how to fit report to one page in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. Yet you face any printing issues then you need to configure your printer settings.
How to Print or Fit Report to a One Page in QuickBooks?
To fit your information to a page, you need to ensure that you have selected the Fit report to page option. This can be done in the printer setup menu. Let’s know how to fit report to one page in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate through the “File” menu located on the top menu.
- Choose the “Printer Setup” option using the drop-down menu.
- Now, switch to the “Page Breaks” section.
- Here, make sure that you mark the “Fit report to” option.
- Click the “OK” button.
Once done following these steps, you can save your report in PDF format. Thereafter, you can try sending prints through QuickBooks. By doing so, you can easily fit all the information to a page in QuickBooks.
How to Email Multiple Reports using Fit Report to one Page Wide in QuickBooks?
When you email reports in a batch using the Process Multiple Reports window, you are unable to find any option to fit information to a page. This is because QuickBooks Desktop users do not have an option to fit the report to one page wide. However, you can do it by sending individual reports.
If you want to learn how to send or email reports in QuickBooks Desktop, follow these instructions stated below:
- Click on the “Reports” menu located on the top.
- Then, click on the “Memorized Reports” option.
- Now, select the “Memorized Reports Lists” option.
- Locate your report and click twice on it in order to open the report.
- After this, select the “Email” option located on the top.
At this stage, you can decide how you prefer to send your emails. You can send your report in PDF or Excel format. By following these steps, you can easily email your reports. Remember, you will find the Fit the report to one page wide option only when you send individual reports.
How to Adjust the Paper Size if Report Can’t Fit on Printed Page?
A lot of users have this concern that they Can’t print the purchase order due to the warning “QuickBooks report can’t fit on printed page”.
This warning may pop-up on your screen if you have not configured the printer settings. If that is the case, it may spoil the formatting when printing in QuickBooks. Hence, it is important to correct the printer settings. Carry out these steps to set up print size:
- Firstly, open your purchase order.
- Now, click on the “Formatting” option.
- Go to the “Customize Data Layout” option. This will open an “Additional Customization” window.
- Here, click on the “Print” button.
- Then, choose the “Use specified printer settings below for this Purchase Order”.
- Now, you can adjust the “Paper Size” field (8 ½ X 11).
- Hit the “OK” button.
Once done saving your applied actions, you can try printing the purchase orders by hitting the Print button. This way you can fit all the information into one page.
In case you are printing through the Use Specific settings, it may override the printer and printer driver. Alternatively, you can adjust the printer settings by setting it to the standard paper. Here are the steps for that:
- Go to the “File” menu.
- Click on the “Printer Setup” option.
- Choose the type of transaction.
- Now make sure that your printer driver is marked as “Standard Paper”.
By using the Options and Advanced buttons, you can control your device and printer driver to perform efficiently.
What If QuickBooks Prints the Reports in Smaller Size?
Based on the complaints, QuickBooks users often get tiny reports after printing even if they change the font size or browser. If this problem ever occurs, you can do the following:
- Go to your report.
- Click the “Print” button.
- Go to ”Settings”.
- Select “Options”.
- Open “Layout”.
- Click on “Advanced” settings.
- Choose “Paper”.
At this point, you need to make sure that the size of the paper is correct for printing. If it is not then you need to adjust it accordingly and try printing your reports.
Configure Your Printer
If you are still facing issues with printing, make sure you have correctly set up your printer. To be sure, you can troubleshoot your printer following these instructions:
First of all, you need to examine if your printer can print properly outside of QuickBooks. To do so, you can use Notepad to test printing.
- Click the “Start” button.
- Search for “Notepad”.
- Type a few texts.
- Click the “File” menu.
- Choose the “Print” button.
- Select your printer and hit the “Print” button.
If your printer worked effectively then you can run QuickBooks Tool Hub in order to repair the printing issues. However, if your printer is not working outside of QuickBooks then you can do the following:
- Power off the printer and restart your device. Later, you can turn on the printer.
- Ensure papers are loaded correctly in the printer.
- Click on the “Windows Start” button.
- Search for “Control Panel”.
- Go to the “Printers and Faxes” option.
- If you see your printer status “Offline” then click right on your printer and choose the “Use Printer Online” option.
- Now, double-click your printer. If you see the print jobs in a queue then you can select the “Printer” and choose the “Cancel All Documents” option.
- After closing the window, you can click right on the printer.
- Select the “Properties” option.
- Click on the “Print Test Page”.
If all the information fits the page, you can continue printing your reports in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: If you use a network printer and fail to get prints then it can be caused by network issues. So, make sure that you check your internet and then try printing.
To Sum Up
To fit the details to a page, you just have to enable the Fit report to page option. In addition, set this option as default so that you don’t need to select it every time you send prints in QuickBooks. In case you still find errors in printing then you need to repair your printer.